Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jack to Nemec to Toffoli

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1707542138228035790?t=mVpV_coDrHcPNNyF6jJwFA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Curtis Lazar was #20 last year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
How old is Sutter now... 31. So he's about 4-5 years from being an NHL head coach.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

How old is Sutter now... 31. So he's about 4-5 years from being an NHL head coach.

Probably for Vancouver because Canucks fans can never have nice things.

e: Wait was Sutter the anti-vaxx dumdum that got long covid or was that another Canucks?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

That was Sutter.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

God Nemec is gonna rule

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Pucksonnetca/status/1707440024730665013

:lol:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1707554499680739469?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Tage gonna Tage, even in the preseason

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Brandon Sutter will be 35 in February and hasn't played in two years thanks to long covid. It's amazing that the Oilers are seriously considering giving him a roster spot.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Brandon Sutter will be 35 in February and hasn't played in two years thanks to long covid. It's amazing that the Oilers are seriously considering giving him a roster spot.

Maybe all the organ damage will have made him into a better hockey player

like Rookie of the Year crossed with Darkman

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

E: Lmao wrong thread

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
A friend of mine just got into hockey last year (Devils, nasty, unacceptable).

I need help because I'm going insane.

If you asked what the score was and someone said (exactly like this)

"Y'all empty netted"

What would you think happened?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Canucks should retire Brandon Sutter's jersey.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Oh hell, I just glanced at his page and saw 31 and forgot he hasn't played since 2020. He'll be coaching an NHL team within 2 years.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

"Y'all empty netted"

That your friend doesn’t understand hockey.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Furnaceface posted:

Probably for Vancouver because Canucks fans can never have nice things.

e: Wait was Sutter the anti-vaxx dumdum that got long covid or was that another Canucks?

Sutter wasn't eligible for vaccination when the whole team got COVID.

Hamonic was the anti-vaxxer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jhet posted:

That your friend doesn’t understand hockey.

She's new. But I've been busting her balls for an hour now.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

"Y'all empty netted"

I’d assume my team was up by 1 in the last minute and then scored an empty net goal.

Or possibly every player on the team scored a empty net goal. Probs the first, but can’t rule out the second.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
To me it sounds like she's saying the other team pulled their goalie, and maybe it has nothing to do with score, just that her team was ahead enough that they caused the other team to pull a goalie, idk, confusing

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

fermun posted:

To me it sounds like she's saying the other team pulled their goalie, and maybe it has nothing to do with score?
Yep. That's what she meant but who the hell phrases it like that and then she's trying to gaslight me that she was quite clear on what she meant lmao.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The goalie just said gently caress it and left?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

The goalie just said gently caress it and left?

Why would the goalie leave the net he lives there.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Has she said the old chestnut of putting a sumo wrestler in net yet? With the required response of why it wouldn't work?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Island Nation posted:

Has she said the old chestnut of putting a sumo wrestler in net yet? With the required response of why it wouldn't work?

Nah she's awesome and it's great she's getting into hockey. The enthusiasm is also great. Just, what the gently caress ,who says that?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I once dated a girl who said she went to a game, and the team lost because they pulled the goalie, and the other team scored an empty net goal.

No, not quite.

E- Nor not quite as savvy as the one who remembered Andrew Ladd from the Blackhawks while he was with the Islanders and drunkenly chirped Patrick Kaleta at a house party in Buffalo.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 29, 2023

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

She's new. But I've been busting her balls for an hour now.

New is good, but that's an odd way to say it in the English language. This is a good opportunity to participate in the tradition of hockey chirping. And a NJ Devils fan should get used to that one quickly, they have to put up with the Rangers and Islanders for neighbors.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jhet posted:

New is good, but that's an odd way to say it in the English language. This is a good opportunity to participate in the tradition of hockey chirping. And a NJ Devils fan should get used to that one quickly, they have to put up with the Rangers and Islanders for neighbors.

It's also an opportunity to interject regional references into your chirping. Something along the lines of not being able to speak English on that side of the Hudson in the same vein as "changing at Jamaica" to Isles fans, perhaps?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Matt Zerella posted:

Nah she's awesome and it's great she's getting into hockey. The enthusiasm is also great. Just, what the gently caress ,who says that?

Charles Wang did at least when he owned the Isles.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

Where is he if he doesn't miss 53 games across those two seasons? I have him at 82 and 77 point paces if he stays healthy*.

Even if he can be 43rd best in the league on a team with Johnny Gaudreau, combined with Adam Fantilli and/or Kent Johnson projected to pop, I'll take it.

(*Please pardon my stupidity if that's your rate stat, as I gave up on trying to learn fancystats years ago.)

Rate stat isn't a fancy stat. It's just taking the total amount points, for example, then dividing it by total ice time (in a given situation) and then multiplying it by 60 to project over a 'full game'. This lets us get a more apples to apples comparison and can provide a better picture if a player has been hurt or receives more/less ice time.

Using my most favorite player example of Kasperi Kapanen if you looked at his time in St Louis you would immediately say 'Wow he really bounced back!' and you'd be wrong. Kapanen went from 12 minutes a night to 16:30. So when we adjust for the increase in ice time and project over a full game...despite a 7% jump in shooting accuracy he's still putting up 2.2 pts/60 in St Lous which matches his 2.3 pts/60 in Pittsburgh. Adjusted for 5v5 and it's the same 1.9 pt/60 for both teams. So you end up with same player same results. Just 'looks' better because of the ice time increase.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Holy crap the Caps power play was different last night! And successful!

:supaburn:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Lightning went from 70% chance to make the playoffs to 50% chance.

But Brendan Hagel is looking good !

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/senators/status/1707750439976906927?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Hell yeah, he was awesome in Hamilton

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Bedard had two primary assists in his preseason debut and just generally looked every bit the out of the box franchise player he's projected to be. I hate Chicago so much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just casually owning the Rangers again.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

ThinkTank posted:

Bedard had two primary assists in his preseason debut and just generally looked every bit the out of the box franchise player he's projected to be. I hate Chicago so much.

His pass for the game winner was unbelievably good. gently caress Chicago.

In other developmental news Zach Benson didn't look anything close to NHL ready. In the few flashes he showed it was mostly passes into the defenseman on a iffy 2v1 or gets into board battle and loses. Over and over. He tried to make a few tricky plays coming off the boards and moving centrally which led to turnovers. Otherwise the Pens looked very disjointed and the Crosby line got completely demolished chance wise, but created tons of chances and breakaways that they failed to finish so I'm excited to see them play good fancy stats hockey and lose because they have zero finish.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's cool that he's willing to get in there and battle, but, uh, when you're built like that maybe put in some study at the Kessel Dojo.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Its good that major markets have generational talents. McDavid should sign in LA or NY when he hits free agency.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

mcmagic posted:

Just casually owning the Rangers again.

Doing the Lord's work. Inshallah we hand them another L tonight

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's cool that he's willing to get in there and battle, but, uh, when you're built like that maybe put in some study at the Kessel Dojo.

Vienna Beef or Nathan’s?

Small guys can be great, but they really need to put on the muscle or are going to get destroyed by all the strong and less talented D out there. Should probably look into what Jack Hughes has done to transition into an intelligent contact player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

Its good that major markets have generational talents. McDavid should sign in LA or NY when he hits free agency.

While in principle I agree that it's good for large market teams to have exciting young talent and be successful, Chicago are one of the few teams in pro sports that it is truly morally wrong to support.