Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the guy who murdered the cyclist near me got four years and he fled the scene and tried to figure out how to not get caught via google

https://westseattleblog.com/2023/09/crime-watch-followup-life-sentence-for-robb-masons-widow-4-year-sentence-for-his-killer/

idiot, he should have read this thread, he'd have known to just stop and wait for the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/litigation/union-pacific-hit-with-557-million-verdict-over-train-collision

if you sit on train tracks drunk you can get millions of dollars at the cost of a few limbs and some time for litigation to happen

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

wolfs posted:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/litigation/union-pacific-hit-with-557-million-verdict-over-train-collision

if you sit on train tracks drunk you can get millions of dollars at the cost of a few limbs and some time for litigation to happen

that poor corporation with a private railway having to pay out for not having lights or standardized stopping abilities

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

idiot, he should have read this thread, he'd have known to just stop and wait for the police

it's just wild how you can do everything to make it absolutely clear that you have no intention of taking responsibility for murdering someone and, in fact, take steps to explicitly not be caught and when they catch you, you still serve less time than if you'd murdered someone literally any other way.

NoU
Dec 31, 2008
two people hit and killed in seattle today
https://twitter.com/typewriteralley/status/1707437543833366798

as ryan points out, our city council wants road changes to become more difficult so this can happen more often, making things worse before they get better (lol it will never get better)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

NoU posted:

two people hit and killed in seattle today
https://twitter.com/typewriteralley/status/1707437543833366798

as ryan points out, our city council wants road changes to become more difficult so this can happen more often, making things worse before they get better (lol it will never get better)

My new place is pretty close to here and off MLK, i was just telling my housemates yesterday that I think I want to get some high vis for walking home after it's dark...

No sidewalks once you get off MLK, and there's a hill you can't see over the crest of. I'm probably gonna die.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

identifying all the most dangerous streets so that you can keep them dangerous :patriot:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Was eating on the porch this evening and some dude just clipped the low stone accent wall across the street doing I dunno 30 and kept on truckin

Flattened at least the front left tire, his right front fender was already all crumpled up

Wonder how many other things he careened into on his way through town

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/beater_rides/status/1707465244639899987

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

making driving more annoying ftw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Yeah if every car could only be refuelled like that, it would be a net gain.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

What gas station would even let you try and operate this shitshow?

Apr 7, 2003

quote:

PITTSBURGH — A local mother is moving forward after her son died on the day of his graduation from the University of Dayton.

Ian Brunner’s mother, Jen Brunner, tells us her son loved building and creating. He was a mechanical engineer major and he worked on his car all the time.

On the day of his death, he was working under his vehicle when his car jack slipped and the car fell, crushing him underneath it. Ian didn’t survive, but now his family is working to make sure his legacy continues.

the cars are out of control

Apr 7, 2003

“It crushed him. We have the car, we aren’t angry at the car,” Jen Brunner said.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
come on man

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ensign Expendable posted:

What gas station would even let you try and operate this shitshow?

gas station cashier aint getting paid enough to intervene

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lol Tim has a good idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKhxYmDVc5E&t=2245s

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

walking my dog this morning, i stopped at the crosswalk and the car in the far lane stopped. i started walking and then they floored it through the intersection. sorry, i like this thread to trauma dump about heavy metal monsters trying to kill me every time i step outside.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Rauros posted:

walking my dog this morning, i stopped at the crosswalk and the car in the far lane stopped. i started walking and then they floored it through the intersection. sorry, i like this thread to trauma dump about heavy metal monsters trying to kill me every time i step outside.
I hate when cars do this. If they're going to stop, they need to stay stopped until you cross. Looking like they're going to stop and then accelerating is probably more dangerous than not slowing down at all.

Presumably they're thinking "I'm in a car so I shouldn't have to stop for pedestrians, but I guess if they do start walking I might need to stop so I'll start stopping... no I have time so I'll just floor it :smug:"

mystes has issued a correction as of 17:41 on Sep 29, 2023

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

mystes posted:

I hate when cars do this. If they're going to stop, they need to stay stopped until you cross. Looking like they're going to stop and then accelerating is probably more dangerous than not slowing down at all.

Presumably they're thinking "I'm in a car so I shouldn't have to stop for pedestrians, but I guess if they do start walking I might need to stop so I'll start stopping... no I have time so I'll just floor it :smug:"

They're not stopping for you, they're stopping to avoid the imperceptibly small chance of punishment in case a cop sees them.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

nasty way to go. unless you're a catalytic converter thief in which case it is karma

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Normally, I loving hate loud motorcycles, but in this case, punishing all of the people with car alarms is praxis.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Rauros posted:

i like to break into a run when cars do this. let’s see who can cross first!!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like to do a little pump fake to make the driver think I am going to step out in front of them when they do stupid stuff at crosswalks. Just a little jolt of adrenaline to liven up their day and hopefully make them think twice next time (they won’t think twice next time).

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

China's fastest cross-sea high-speed railway, the 350 km/h Fuzhou-Xiamen high-speed railway, started operation on Thursday. The railway, featuring various intelligent technologies, connects major scenic spots along the coastal cities in the province.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEbhfRMz4Ac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ln3NElljYc

quote:

China's fastest sea Crossing High-Speed Rail started operation on Thursday in East China's Fujian Province featuring advanced technology and intelligence with a design speed of 350 km per hour. The Fuzhou-Xiamen-Zhangzhou highspeed Railway slashes travel time between Fuzhou and Xiamen, an economic Hub and tourist hotspot in the province to just under an hour. The fastest train trip used to take around 1 hour and 20 minutes.

The railway traverses three coastal, Quanzhou bay, Meizhou Bay and Anhai Bay via sea-crossing bridges. The construction of the three sea Crossing Bridges has successfully conquered challenges posed by the unfavorable geography.

The 'Fuxing' (English: Rejuvenation) trains running on the line offer a high level of comfort all seats are equipped with charging ports.

Fuzhou-Xiamen High-speed Railway (Fuzhou-Xiamen High-speed Railway) is China's first cross-sea high-speed railway, which starts from Fuzhou City in the north, passes through Putian and Quanzhou City, and reaches Xiamen City and Zhangzhou City in the south, and connects with Hefo Railway and Wenfu Railway in the north, and connects with Xiamen-Shenzhen Railway and Longsha Railway in the south.

It is the passenger transportation corridor of Beijing-Fuzhou-Xiamen high-speed railroad and an important part of the passenger transportation corridor of Southeast Coastal Railway in the "eight vertical and eight horizontal" high-speed railroad network of the Medium and Long-term Railway Network Planning (2016).

Fuzhou-Xiamen high-speed railroad is the first pilot project of China's railroad to promote the TOD (Transit Oriented Development) mode, the first high-speed railroad in Fujian Province with a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, and is also a key project of the national "One Belt, One Road" construction project, provincial and municipal key projects, with a total length of 277.42 kilometers, and 8 passenger stations along the line.

The project started construction on January 15, 2017, and was completed and opened for operation at the end of September 2023. On September 26, 2023, the tickets of Fuxia high-speed railway were officially put on sale, and Fuxia high-speed railway was officially operated on September 28 of the same year.

Length of railroad: 277.42 kilometers / 172 miles

Number of Stations: 8

Railroad Class: Passenger Dedicated Line

Number of main lines: Double lines

Speed target value: 350km/h

Line spacing: 5.0 meters

Minimum curve radius: General 7000m, individual 5500m

Maximum gradient: 20‰

Effective length of arrival line: 650 meters

Type of rolling stock: Electric locomotive

Train operation control mode: Automatic control

Command mode: Centralized dispatching

Minimum train interval: 3 minutes

Investment Cost: Approximately 53.04 billion RMB

Population (urban)
Fuzhou: 4,094,491
Xiamen: 5,163,970
Zhangzhou: 939,943

Population (rural)
Fuzhou: 4,196,777

Population (metro)
Xiamen: 7,284,148
Zhangzhou: 7,284,148

Anhaiwan Cross-sea Bridge

Leigongshan Special Bridge

Magnolia Creek Special Bridge

Wulong River Bridge

Fuxia High Speed Railway

Fuxia High Speed Railway

Project Challenges

Fushe Tunnel

Fushe Tunnel is located in Tong'an District, Xiamen City, is a two-lane tunnel with a design speed of 350km/h. It is the necessary route for the FuXia High-speed Railway to enter and exit the Xiamen High-speed Railway Station, and passes through the core area near the Xiamen North Station, which is the key controlling project of FuXia High-speed Railway in the 8-bid. The total length of the tunnel is 1450m, the maximum depth of the tunnel is about 76m, the tunnel is 150~350m to the right of the existing passenger dedicated line of Fuxia Railway and Shenhai Highway, only 17m away from the crossing of the adjusted moving line under construction and the moving line under construction, the construction is difficult.

Xinlutang Tunnel

Xinlutang Tunnel is located in Tong'an District, Xiamen City, with a total length of 1970 meters, of which the two-lane tunnel is 412 meters long, with a maximum depth of about 61 meters. Xinlutang Tunnel No. 3 has a total length of 1,135 meters, which is a "swallow-tail tunnel" connecting Xiamen High-speed Railway Station and Xiamen North No. 2 Railway Station, with an inlet of double-hole single-lane structure, and an outlet of single-hole double-lane structure, which is a key controlling project of the entire line of the Fuxia-Huaxia High-speed Railway.

Yangmeishan Tunnel

Located at the junction of Minhou County and Fuqing City, Yangmeishan Tunnel is a two-lane, single-cavity, Class Ⅱ high-risk tunnel project, the longest tunnel in the entire line of the Fuxia High-speed Railway, and also the controlling project of the entire line of the Fuxia High-speed Railway. The tunnel has a total length of 10,699 meters, with a maximum depth of 398 meters, a rock burst section of 2,290 meters, extensive distribution of water surges and mud surges in the tunnel, and the tunnel is located in an area with high geological pressure, high geothermal heat, and susceptible to subsidence.

Bifeng Temple Tunnel

Bifeng Temple Tunnel is located in Fuqing City and Putian City, a total length of 8.4 kilometers, is listed as the construction unit of the entire line level of high-risk, the most difficult key control project, the tunnel through 8 fault fracture zone, 8 joints dense zone and 480 meters of strong water-rich zone, the maximum daily water influx of 7800 cubic meters, construction difficulties, high risk.

Quanzhou Bay Bridge

Quanzhou Bay Cross-sea Bridge

Located in Quanzhou City, Quanzhou Bay Cross-sea Bridge is the key controlling project of the entire route of Fuxia High-speed Railway and the first cross-sea high-speed railroad bridge in China. The total length of the bridge is 20.287 kilometers, and the length of the sea bridge is 8.96 kilometers, the main bridge is 800 meters long, the main span is 400 meters, it is a double-tower and double cable-stayed steel-hybrid combined beam and semi-floating system cable-stayed bridge. Quanzhou Bay Bridge has two main towers in the north and south, designed as a curve "H" shape, 160.254 meters high, a single main tower poured concrete volume of 11,230.65 cubic meters. The bridge has many structural types, complex construction techniques, long battle lines during the construction process, difficult organization and coordination, and high risk of high-altitude work at sea.

The area where Quanzhou Bay Bridge is located is characterized by strong winds, deep water, high waves, high salinity and high humidity, which are typical conditions of the marine environment, and it also faces the engineering challenges of the high-intensity seismic zone on the west coast of the Taiwan Strait. The approach bridge adopts double-block ballastless track, which can effectively avoid the ballast track debris ballast splashing and jeopardizing the safety of the train when the high-speed train passes through the bridge at high speed under the environment of strong wind in the bay.

Anhai Bay Bridge

Anhaiwan Special Bridge is located in Quanzhou City, connecting Jinjiang City and Nan'an City, and is the controlling project of the whole line of Fuxia High-speed Railway. The total length of the bridge is 9.46 kilometers, of which the sea-crossing section is 1.56 kilometers long, and the main bridge is a 650-meter double-tower, double-surface, semi-floating steel-mixed girder cable-stayed bridge, with a main span of 300 meters and a main tower height of 126.9 meters, which spans the 2,000-ton main navigation channel of Anhai Bay.

Jiulongjiang Special Bridge

JiuLongJiangShi Bridge, with a total length of 10.28 kilometers, is the controlling project of the whole line of FuXia High-speed Railway. The bridge crosses Yingxia Railway once, Shenhai Highway twice, Jiujiang River three times and national and provincial highways many times.

Zhangzhou Downstream Liaison Line Crossing Hangzhou-Shenzhen Railway Transition Bridge

Zhangzhou Downstream Contact Line Transition Bridge over Hangzhou-Shenzhen Railway is the controlling project of the whole line of Fuxia High-speed Railway, with the weight of the bridge reaching 5,500 tons, and the girder of the transition bridge is less than 10 meters away from the contact network of Hangzhou-Shenzhen Railway business line with the minimum vertical distance, which puts forward a demanding requirement to ensure the safe operation of the railroad.

Meizhou Bay Cross-sea Bridge

Meizhouwan cross-sea bridge

Located in Putian City and Quanzhou City, Meizhou Bay Bridge is 14.7 kilometers long, with a main span of 180 meters, of which the construction length in sea area is 10.8 kilometers, with a design speed of 350 km/h. It is the first cross-sea high speed railroad bridge with short towers in China, and is also the controlling project of the whole line of Fuxia-Huaxia High Speed Railway. The bridge adopts 40.6 meters box girder design except continuous girder, which is the only bridge adopting 40.6 meters box girder for Fuxia High-speed Railway, and the world's first cross-sea high-speed railway bridge adopting 40 meters box girder.

The sea area of Meizhou Bay is characterized by strong winds and waves, obvious tides, and complicated hydrological and geological environments, so the construction party actively promotes the use of new work equipment and new technology, and has successively overcome such construction problems as extra-long trestle bridge at sea, cofferdams in tidal areas, large-diameter deep-water pile foundations, and positioning of cable saddles for the main towers.

Shizhushan Tunnel

Shizhushan Tunnel, with a total length of 2,054 meters, has a shallow buried section of more than 470 meters, with an average depth of 10 meters, and the shallowest section is only 6.8 meters, in which 80% of the perimeter rock of V grade is classified as Class I high-risk tunnel. The tunnel has a complex geological environment, shallow burial depth, close to the Shizhushan Scenic Reserve, crossing two extruding fault zones at the same time, with serious bias pressure at the entrance and exit, and crossing the natural gas pipeline parallel to the tunnel body five times, which makes it difficult to construct the tunnel and poses high risk to the safety of the tunnel.

Xixi Bridge

Xixi Bridge

Xixi Special Bridge is located in Xiamen City, Fujian Province, with a total length of 24.68 kilometers, which is the longest bridge along the Fuxia High-speed Railway, and the main line consists of 663 holes of box girders, with a total of 732 piers and 17 continuous girders. Xixi Bridge is the controlling project along the whole line of FuXia High-speed Railway, the bridge pier 68, 69 crosses one of the busiest trunk lines of China's railroad transportation--Hangzhou-Shenzhen Railway, it is difficult and risky to carry out the construction directly above the railroad, in order not to affect the normal operation of the existing railroad, it adopts the advanced cross-railway construction technology of transporter bridge process.

Taichengxi Bridge

Taichengxi Special Bridge is located in Jingyang Town, Fuqing City, with a total length of 728.13 meters, which is the key controlling project of the whole line of Fuxia Xiamen High-speed Railway, and China's first large-tonnage unbalanced transverse cable-stayed bridge for high-speed railway. The bridge crosses the Shenhai Highway, and is designed as unbalanced transverse cable-stayed bridge to ensure the normal passage of Shenhai Highway. Among them, the total length of the transverse part is 221.3 meters, with a total weight of 38,000 tons, which was the largest unbalanced transverse cable-stayed bridge of high speed rail in China in terms of tonnage up to the time of construction. Meanwhile, the girders on both sides of the bridge's cable-stayed towers are designed with different lengths, with one side being 95.5 meters long and the other being 125.7 meters long, and the weight of the bridge cantilevers on both sides differing by nearly 600 tons.

Jimei Special Bridge

Jimei Bridge

Jimei Special Bridge has a total length of 11.18 kilometers, with 283 holes of simply supported box girders. The bridge is located in an area with complex geological conditions, such as silt, isolated rocks, gravel pebbles, peat, etc., and isolated rocks are widely distributed, which makes the bridge piling project difficult.

Jimei special bridge across the subway section designed for portal pier, the pier longitudinal span of 32.6 meters, the average horizontal span of 30 meters, including 7 piers, each pier upper beams are used steel cover beams, 7 pieces of steel cover beams an average length of 30 meters, 3 meters high, the heaviest 171.5 tons, is the Jimei special bridge is the most difficult to construct the most complex conditions, on the overall erection of the channel construction of the greatest impact on the construction period, the bridge! The steel cover girder of portal pier is the controlling project of Fuxia High-speed Railway.

Mulanxi Special Bridge

Mulanxi Special Bridge is located at the bank of Mulanxi River in Putian City, Fujian Province, with a total length of 18746.92 meters, which is the most difficult and controlling project of the whole line of Fuxia High-speed Railway. The height of the main tower of the bridge is 85.5 meters, and the bottom of the main tower is set with a ball hinge with a carrying capacity of 12,000 tons.

New Yunju Mountain Tunnel Group

New Yunju Mountain Tunnel Group consists of five tunnels with a total length of 4,510.29 meters, which is the most difficult key control project along the whole line of the Fuxia High-speed Railway. Tunnel rock changes are complicated, cave wall rock body stripping, falling blocks, is a hilly area, construction safety risk is high, and the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel No. 3 and the existing Fuxia Railway, Fuping Railway, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel No. 1 parallel to the established Fuping Railway, from the established Fuping Railway is about 120 meters to 280 meters; Tunnel inlet in the southern end of the southern end of the Fuzhou South Railway Station, below the existing Fuzhou South Railway Station, the terrain is dangerous, and with the Fuxia Railway, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel inlet, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel inlet, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel inlet, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel inlet. Tunnel inlet, the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel No. 2 exit for the small spacing section; hole on the body across the Sanjiang Highway and the new Yunju Mountain Tunnel, the minimum height of the upper span is about 4.5 meters, with a "small spacing, adjacent to the business line, three-dimensional intersection," the characteristics of the construction of the operating conditions of the complexity of the construction is very difficult.

Wulong River Special Bridge

Erection of the first steel box girder of Wulong River Special Bridge

Wulong River Special Bridge is located in the waters of Wulong River in Cangshan District, which is China's first four-lane high and low tower double cable-stayed hybrid girder high-speed railroad cable-stayed bridge, with a total length of 739.9 meters, a main span of 432 meters, and a combination of 7 concrete box girders and 45 steel box girders, which is the key controlling project of the Fuxia High-speed Railway. Wulong River Special Bridge is located in the waters of fast-flowing water, complex underwater geological conditions, narrow space for construction work, and great difficulty in construction.

Leigongshan Special Bridge

Leigongshan Special Bridge is located in Fuqing City, Fujian Province, with a total length of 2,631.655 meters, which is the key controlling project for the whole line of Fuxia High-speed Railway, horizontally crossing the Shenhai Highway, with a span of 224 meters, the main pier drilled piles with a diameter of 3 meters, and the main pier bearing adopts the spherical bearing with a vertical bearing capacity of 180,000 KN, which is characterized by the large span of the continuous girder, the large diameter of the main pier drilled piles, and the large tonnage of the main pier spherical bearing, etc. The main bridge is located in the windy southeast coastal area, which is a very windy area. The main bridge is located in the southeast coastal windy area, heavy rain, typhoons prevail, the narrow tube effect is strong, the main bridge long tension cable in the wind and rain in the climate conditions will cause significant vibration, wind and rain vibration phenomenon, construction technical difficulties, high safety risk.

Tianzhushan Bridge

Fuxing train

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuxing_(train)

quote:

Fuxing (train)
Fuxing (simplified Chinese: 复兴号; traditional Chinese: 復興號; pinyin: Fùxīng Hào; lit. 'Rejuvenation') (also known as the CR series EMU, or as the Fuxing Hao) is a series of high-speed and higher-speed EMU trains operated by China Railway High-speed (CRH) and developed by CRRC, which owns the independent intellectual property rights entirely.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuxing_(train)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QIDwHddCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxY4c78XqE

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 19:16 on Sep 29, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I wish I could take a short train ride to see my parents that live 60 miles away from me instead of having to drive a car

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I want some fuxing trains

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

excuse me i've been told infrastructure is actually impossible to build, this must be a lie

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Still incredibly shook over a former coworker (Chinese expat) telling me that America was a better place to live as we dodged potholes in metro Detroit.

Propaganda is real, and strong, and my friend

Apr 7, 2003

It's cool to know that the dying empire I'm trapped in will never produce anything like that rail line.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

yeah well, consider that we preserved the ability of a bunch of rich people who will all be dead in 20 years to block any improvements to anything.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
if you weren't so poor your truck would have better parking sensors

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

listen, jack

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bollards ftw

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The truker may not be happy, but I am, so on balance, they're good (my happiness is worth more than his)

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

the local gov got some unplanned road construction funding from the state, so they paid some third party to do a half rear end job paving over our moonscape like road. They used some kind of cheap road base stuff that normally you'd seal or pave over, except nobody ever came to seal or even paint lines back on or even pick up the 'low shoulder' signs after months. This has resulted in an almost doubling of average travel speed now that the surface is smooth(er) and back to being similar to a regular road, but because it's not actually smooth at all the noise of the vehicles going by is SO MUCH LOUDER.

Thanks Obrandon

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Minimum train interval: 3 minutes

:eyepop:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I hope that C. Sutra and Chick-fil-A get in a legal battle and the lawyers get a lot of money from both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the "almost black" color of light gray