Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Justin Tyme posted:

they also pulled Raised by Wolves which im still bigmad about. probably the last good show that'll ever come out of hbo

thankful the most premier/prestige cable brand was diluted by tlc shows to deliver me all this great entertainment value

Didn't you ever wonder what it would be like to defraud buyers on a home / estate / meal? Me neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Beached Whale posted:

Can't believe the data scientists biffed this one

feeling like capitalism might have some blind spots re: growth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Euphoriaphone posted:

Disney+ is jacking their price 27% in a few weeks. They had already raised the price by 38% less than a year ago.

They're pulling the same move Microsoft did during the disastrous Xbone launch "we're not going to disclose the sales figures of our flagship product because it's not relevant to our investors"

need to keep this for to watch star war :retrogames:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

need to keep this for to watch star war :retrogames:

its called torrents, zoomer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
D+ is actually not competing with nflx/hulu (which they also own! like lol)/MAX++/prime V+/CBS Premier/Paramont Platinum Streaming/Viacom Streaming or whatever.

they're competing with youtube

the point of D+ is a $15/month babysitter for widdle jonny to keep quiet under the guise they can watch "safe" kids media, after all, its disney, it must be safe 4 kids and i don't have to think about it. youtube is a direct competitor to this model and way more popular babysitter for kids than D+, plus its free*. it also has more content to keep widdle jonny quiet for longer

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Iverron posted:

and making all of them $20 around the same time

So that’s the bread and the circuses going up in price

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

its called torrents, zoomer

the real one has better captions and also my entire family & friends leech of me...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

D+ is actually not competing with nflx/hulu (which they also own! like lol)/MAX++/prime V+/CBS Premier/Paramont Platinum Streaming/Viacom Streaming or whatever.

the point of D+ is a $15/month babysitter for widdle jonny to keep quiet under the guise they can watch "safe" kids media, after all, its disney, it must be safe 4 kids and i don't have to think about it. youtube is a direct competitor to this model and way more popular babysitter for kids than D+, plus its free*. it also has more content to keep widdle jonny quiet for longer

interesting. good insight.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

the real one has better captions and also my entire family & friends leech of me...

"the real one" isn't even the real one tho

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Smythe posted:

I’m sure they’ll be putting a stop to that soon too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I’m sure they’ll be putting a stop to that soon too

making a custom vpn exit node for my leechers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"the real one" isn't even the real one tho

this might be too philosophical for me. does plato have a form for a show?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

I think you underestimate the number of Disney Adults

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Vox Nihili posted:

I think you underestimate the number of Disney Adults
*looks at pop culture thread and CD forum* uh yeah you're right

although true Disney Adults have all the original little mermaid, dumbo, lady and the tramp, and lion kings on VHS tape such that don't need to pay streaming to re-watch that

besides goons, i don't really know many (probably zero) people without kids who pay for D+ though.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tazb9VrnYNo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1707849077109543015?t=8b0ZpL47OiqaVIVtcSsbGQ&s=19

Apr 7, 2003

They misspelled "deified"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so funny they have to go back to the black and white photo era to find one where she doesn’t look like a skeleton

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

secret chamber in the HQ of an investment firm where an MIT physics graduate sits in front of a wall of screens like ozymandias and says stuff like “Uber but for NFTs”

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jel Shaker posted:

so funny they have to go back to the black and white photo era to find one where she doesn’t look like a skeleton

they had to go back before she hoisted the confederate flag in her home and office

i'm actually extremely disgusted with the media frenzy today sucking her lovely corpse off today with just insane gaslighting everywhere. at least john mccains media funeral was way funnier than this garbage

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

secret chamber in the HQ of an investment firm where an MIT physics graduate sits in front of a wall of screens like ozymandias and says stuff like “Uber but for NFTs”

The cocaine fountain for new product ideation is for the MBAs and pre-MBAs. The nerds do math poo poo to make number go up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1707445836081168752

hmmm seems we are immiserating the heck out of poor people in this country

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

they had to go back before she hoisted the confederate flag in her home and office

i'm actually extremely disgusted with the media frenzy today sucking her lovely corpse off today with just insane gaslighting everywhere. at least john mccains media funeral was way funnier than this garbage

i liked how one of her accomplishments was shutting down all the bathhouses in SF during the hiv/aids crisis in the 80s

https://www.sfaf.org/collections/beta/the-bathhouse-battle-of-1984/

quote:

An April city ordinance went into effect banning ”unsafe” sexual activity at sex parlors and bathhouses. Mayor Dianne Feinstein authorized the use of SFPD officers as “spies” to go into the bathhouses and monitor sexual activity with a particular eye open for unsafe sex practices (primarily condom-free anal sex). The spy controversy inspired significant advocacy, including an independent review of bathhouse safety procedures by local newspaper Coming Up! and a statement from the San Francisco Human Rights Commission condemning the closures. (Feinstein’s surveillance report was never made public.)

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Vox Nihili posted:

All systems nominal as god almighty intended

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

The conclusion of people like Friedman and Krugman will be "More people need to get degrees!".

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
randy shilts, author of And the Band Played On, was actually also on the side of closing gay bathhouses in the 80s, which drew the ire of a lot of the SF gay community

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Euphoriaphone posted:

Disney+ is jacking their price 27% in a few weeks. They had already raised the price by 38% less than a year ago.

They're pulling the same move Microsoft did during the disastrous Xbone launch "we're not going to disclose the sales figures of our flagship product because it's not relevant to our investors"

hold up. i thought increasing interest rates was supposed to make prices go down

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The conclusion of people like Friedman and Krugman will be "More people need to get degrees!".

But without the state paying for them, or doing anything about exploding tuition costs, or the huge amount of university administrators.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

guessing bachelor of science degrees didn't fit this so they left it out

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Frosted Flake posted:

But without the state paying for them, or doing anything about exploding tuition costs, or the huge amount of university administrators.

No, of course not. Gotta learn to stand on your own two feet (unlike failsons with sinecures like Will Stancil)!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please show the chart for JDs

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

am I mathing wrong? 146m subscribers who pay, at a minimum in America at least, 15 bucks per month is like 2 billion dollars a month which uhhhhhh seems like alot. is content streaming that expensive?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i think i figured it out. companies lay people off, but lay off the wrong people. the remaining people don't know what they're doing so things take longer, prices go up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

each episode of Ashoka costs 43 billion dollars.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Kinda weird how he emphasizes "ideology" in the twitter posts when the article clearly says it's about the money and that electric cars get the dealers only 1/4 of the income of combustion engine cars right now.

Apr 7, 2003

meanolmrcloud posted:

am I mathing wrong? 146m subscribers who pay, at a minimum in America at least, 15 bucks per month is like 2 billion dollars a month which uhhhhhh seems like alot. is content streaming that expensive?

you gotta make $2.5b a month next month and $3b the month after that or you're actually losing money, you see

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

No, of course not. Gotta learn to stand on your own two feet (unlike failsons with sinecures like Will Stancil)!

lol they tried to cut paid education for the military and saw that their recruiting would fall off like 90% .

We're ruled by very stupid people.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

each episode of Ashoka costs 43 billion dollars.

Man I was hyped to hear there was a show about the great Indian emperor but it turns out it's more Star Wars drek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Epic Games must be doing poorly if they're taking a crack at being the game service for perverts