Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
The day 1 DHIL pulls vs day 1 Fu Xuan pulls graph is...yeah, pretty much what I would've expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shocking, I'd thought people would know to always get supports. I say, completely planning to skip Huohuo.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Sorry, I mean for future banners. Like, given how many pulls I have, what is my chance of getting JingLiu? What is my chance of getting Jingliu E0S1? E1S1? etc.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Sorry, I mean for future banners. Like, given how many pulls I have, what is my chance of getting JingLiu? What is my chance of getting Jingliu E0S1? E1S1? etc.

it's just a simple question of statistics then. using this calculator,

your odds of hitting an early 5 star before soft pity is 35.9%. The escalating 75-90 pull rates is annoying to math out i aint a math major

e: if you really absolutely wanted to guarantee a hit then there's no other course of action other than having 160-180 rolls banked up (whether liquid or stored in a hard pity) for character banner and 140-160 for lc (despite it being 75/25, in the question of 'i absolutely want the lc' then you kind of have to prepare for the worst)

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

So is there going to be a rerun character offered for every banner going forward? Or will there only be a rerun every patch? How does this work.

theres no specific pattern to it just whenever. there've been genshin patches that were nothing but reruns and genshin patches without any

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The average is 105 pulls but averages are loving lies and 160 is the minimum I'd use to feel "safe" on getting any single copy of a limited unit.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Good fuel. I have the right sets and pieces for Lynx, Bronya, and Tingyun/Asta. Also, I got a new pair of attack boots for Welt. Now I just need an Eagle set for Pela and Yukong and I'll be pretty happy with my teams.

I'm considering skipping Topaz for Argenti. AOE Fire sounds fun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Walla posted:

Good fuel. I have the right sets and pieces for Lynx, Bronya, and Tingyun/Asta. Also, I got a new pair of attack boots for Welt. Now I just need an Eagle set for Pela and Yukong and I'll be pretty happy with my teams.

I'm considering skipping Topaz for Argenti. AOE Fire sounds fun.

He's physical. He's also running with Hanabi. While Guinefan is welcome to give Kafka teams more options (especially with Asta as her best support imo), Hanya will be much more broad imo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

poo poo, he is Physical. Too many new characters. Still, I need a good AOE damage dealer, and I don't feel like building Jing Yuan or Kafka.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I want him because he's pretty, but I do already have E6 Serval as an aoe damage dealer and she's so very cool.

Also, he's in the Swarm Disaster/Simulated Universe in one of the events, but I don't know if he's anywhere else in the actual game as far as being mentioned?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Building to directly target enemy weaknesses is very nice to the point I feel like eventually you'll want like at least one good dps of each color, or at least of the majority.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Huo Huo isn’t grabbing me as a design but her leaked kit looks real good so I’ll probably use my guaranteed 50/50 on her and give Topaz a pass unless she ends up completely bonkers broken.

Bonus points if the spirit in her tail is wise-cracking or just kind of a dick.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Can I remove Jing's blindfold? I don't like it

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Can I remove Jing's blindfold? I don't like it

She removes it when she goes sicko mode.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

She removes it when she goes sicko mode.

The perfect woman.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

even though i have way enough abundance, i wouldn't mind an ice abundence

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Was not expecting my first destruction world V clear to be at disarray 4.

Thought I was done for when I unthinkingly popped Fu’s skill just in time for her to eat the entire onslaught and get one-shot, but Blade hardcarried the last 30% with the destruction+elation aftertaste spam.

I’m really bad at using Fu ngl, I always end up killing her by mistake.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Clara/March 7/Topaz/??? follow-up team here we go. Need her at least E1 for the obscene stacking effect.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

did elation at disarry 9 and somehow was one of the easiest run ever. was it the lower attack blessing maybe

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Building to directly target enemy weaknesses is very nice to the point I feel like eventually you'll want like at least one good dps of each color, or at least of the majority.

I have E6 Serval, which is a large part of why I'm not interested in the other 2. I'm even sitting on a pair of Speed boots and a Crit chest for her of the right set. I'm just not using her at the moment.

Quinque, Silver Wolf, and Lynx make the perfect team. I can slot in Pela, Asta, Tingyun, or even Sushang, Dan Heng, or Serval in order to force weakness.

My other team is Welt, Bronya, Yukong, and Luocha. I can slot in Serval instead of Welt, but a few more good options would be nice.

I'm going to consider Jingliu once we get her trial, but I really wish I had managed to get Blade or Imbibitor Lunae. All of who are traced well enough, and Sushang and Dan can share part of their kit. Same goes for Asta and Tingyun.

Fu Xuan would be more ideal, but I'm only 40 deep, and I would rather use my guarantee pull on a DPS I actually want to use. I got both Jing Yuan and Kafka by accident, and I was never really interested in either. The 2 DPS units I did want I lost the 50/50 on. Topaz looks awesome, but I've always preferred AOE over single target, so I'm not sure I want to pull for a sub DPS.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 30, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Don't pull on banners you don't want the 5* on. Just, general advice. Don't.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

Don't pull on banners you don't want the 5* on. Just, general advice. Don't.

Jing Yuan was my first banner, and I was just having fun. Hell, I was still in Belobog and hadn't even met him when I got him. :)

I shouldn't have pulled on Kafka's, but I also didn't expect her to show up in 35 pulls. She's the only one who showed up before soft pity.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 30, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's just a simple question of statistics then. using this calculator,

your odds of hitting an early 5 star before soft pity is 35.9%. The escalating 75-90 pull rates is annoying to math out i aint a math major

e: if you really absolutely wanted to guarantee a hit then there's no other course of action other than having 160-180 rolls banked up (whether liquid or stored in a hard pity) for character banner and 140-160 for lc (despite it being 75/25, in the question of 'i absolutely want the lc' then you kind of have to prepare for the worst)

There's also this calculator that more precisely tells you your rate for a given number of pulls and pity. It was made for Genshin but Star Rail uses the exact same system.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://packaged-media.redd.it/p0s5...d60208e364a#t=0

The legend of March 7 continues beyond even the livestream.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

https://packaged-media.redd.it/p0s5...d60208e364a#t=0

The legend of March 7 continues beyond even the livestream.

I've seen one of those billboard types used in korea, they're so cool.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Absolutely horrendous orb and he's so slow but I'm happy with the crit stats on my blade right now.

Hopefully next double planar and double relics I can try and fish for some improvements.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

did swarm V propagation don't know what I really did, just got the golden dice of instantly teleporting to the boss room and got a blessing for each swarm thing on the map like 2 times and got to the final boss with 7 left on the timer and still beat it.

i guess now I just spam lv1 swarm and try to farm as many dialogue options as I can for the hidden trails?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I know I can just give Jing Liu my leftover Quantum set but I want to give her the ice set anyway

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

All I’ve got left to finish is swarm V remembrance and hunt (and unlocking all the hidden paths). I’ve tried and failed remembrance a couple of times now and haven’t even bothered with hunt. Not excited for either.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Absolutely horrendous orb and he's so slow but I'm happy with the crit stats on my blade right now.

Hopefully next double planar and double relics I can try and fish for some improvements.
If you're looking to replace the orb, imo Rutilant Arena is cleanly superior for Blade, considering the sheer amount you use your basic attack

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can't wait for the next Planar Fissure. My Bronya can't even use Broken Keel right now because she needs speed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I definitely need speed boots for Fu, she ends up having her first action after most enemies do lmao

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to think I hosed up not getting Fu, I really need a Bailu replacement because her teams feel like dogshit compared to my Luocha side.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Chocobo posted:

I'm starting to think I hosed up not getting Fu, I really need a Bailu replacement because her teams feel like dogshit compared to my Luocha side.

DPSes come and go (get powercrept), but strong supports are pretty much always good. Silver Wolf and Luocha will probably continue to be top-tier in their respective roles long after DHIL has been bumped off the top of the tier-list.

that said, i'm also passing on fu to secure the sexy debt collector lady, so what do i know

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I want to keep believing that while just forcing a dps regardless of weakness will take the top tier guys, matching weakness will keep your old guys relevant. At least if it's balanced like Genshin. Sure Blade might not be able to force against a fire weak side, if he's against wind weak he'll be fine regardless of the shiny wind hunt that just got released. I hope. I am not as confident in this as I was when the game came out because it really does look like they are just going to make two new chars per patch forever at this pace. :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it will be very hard for blade specifically to be powercrept because even if someone else does more damage than him he does damage while barely requiring any SP

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like SW was sort of the weirdest character to release super early into the games life. Being able to stop caring about elements and just have your strongest carry in all content feels like building more teams less important for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it makes sense to me in terms of the abyss, you can put silver wolf on one side and then match elements on the other. so it helps people who have smaller accounts not feel like theyre screwed

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Silver Wolf is a bit of a lifesaver when you failed to get Dan or Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I appreciate SW for making the true mono-quantum team a thing.