Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only good thing about BPJ was everyone dunking on him because nobody seemed to actually like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Obsessive BTE watchers claimed Beepie was good up until he started posting His Thoughts and was quickly memory holed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nobody ever thought Pillman was good

Was he even a BTE guy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Drakkel posted:

I'm gonna guess at least 2/3rds of the people calling BPJ the future of the business had no idea there even was a Brian Pillman Jr until they learned he left AEW
3 days ago on the typical WWE stan twitters they would have called this gif a sloppy shop, totally oblivious that BPJ has been in the company for a while because nobody cares about BPJ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

xbilkis posted:

Nobody ever thought Pillman was good

Was he even a BTE guy

I thought that's where Beepie came from?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

I thought that's where Beepie came from?

Beepie comes exclusively from this forum lol, its something Rarity called him once and it stuck

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'd believe that but given no one elsewhere talked about Beepie even when he was in AEW I have no way to confirm it gently caress you gaps in science!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

*cough* I like the Varsity Blondes I thought they were a fun goober tag team...

I'll just...go now...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

I'd believe that but given no one elsewhere talked about Beepie even when he was in AEW I have no way to confirm it gently caress you gaps in science!

one of the things that let me know that Kefin Mahon from the Attitude Era Podcast was and always has been full of poo poo and just talking out of his rear end is when they were doing the 1997 WWF PPVs and he said that he was enjoying Brian Pillman Jr.'s work in AEW like 6 months before Brian Pillman Jr. started wrestling for AEW

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I liked Pillman Jr on like, the kind of level that I wanted him to do well but he never really pulled it together. Who knows, maybe a different look somewhere else can unlock something for him. I doubt it mostly because it's the performance center but it's possible.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lid posted:

I'd be comparing him to Dave Finlay but after seeing Finlay's insane glow up that would be an insult.

I was telling my Japanese Co-Teacher about David Finlay. About how his father is actually a famous wrestler in the UK and America. And how they wanted him to train with the WWE, and his dad said "No, I want him trained by someone good." so sent him to the NJPW dojo instead.

And she was impressed. (Apparently he is one of her favourite foreign wrestlers, and she thinks he is handsome)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

TheKingslayer posted:

I liked Pillman Jr on like, the kind of level that I wanted him to do well but he never really pulled it together. Who knows, maybe a different look somewhere else can unlock something for him. I doubt it mostly because it's the performance center but it's possible.

He's a really gross CHUD

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Drakkel posted:

I'm gonna guess at least 2/3rds of the people calling BPJ the future of the business had no idea there even was a Brian Pillman Jr until they learned he left AEW

They definitely have never watched him. I wish the guy all the best, but he never really showed anything in AEW. He wasn't great (or often even good) in the ring, and he's the most boring generic wrestling guy on the mic.

Alaois posted:

he said that he was enjoying Brian Pillman Jr.'s work in AEW like 6 months before Brian Pillman Jr. started wrestling for AEW

In a way that would have been Beepie's most enjoyable AEW period.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They definitely have never watched him. I wish the guy all the best, but he never really showed anything in AEW. He wasn't great (or often even good) in the ring, and he's the most boring generic wrestling guy on the mic.

In a way that would have been Beepie's most enjoyable AEW period.

if anything AEW gave him more chances than WWE will, they put him up with Christian and MJF to try to get him to talk and keep up and instead he just could not find any energy resulting in him being just run the hell over by both of them

alternative is that this was all a prank and they trained him wrong as a joke and knew this would make him look even dumber

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he wouldnt be the first guy to randomly put all the pieces together in wwe but the issue is even if he does who knows if wwe will give him any screentime

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

https://i.imgur.com/LHd85v0.mp4

Edit: loving dumbass me - credit to Bonk I did not make this

I feel very comfortable saying AEW is objectively bad, and the only thing that would make me uncomfortable saying that is it understates how objectively evil the company is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive always liked and had a soft spot for bpj

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yeah at the top of his head

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Not sure Sapp realizes he's being worked here. The idea that anyone had plans for Ali is laughable.

projecthalaxy posted:

hhh on the outs again

He's been on the outs since Vince returned. I'm surprised Vince hasn't fired him after Stephanie left.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I feel like Vince considered firing HHH, but instead reassigned him to working in a supply cupboard a la Ryan in The Office.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Island Nation posted:

Not sure Sapp realizes he's being worked here.

Sapp is an occasionally useful idiot.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grem posted:

He's a really gross CHUD

That sucks. Hope he learns to be a better person first then.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I feel very comfortable saying AEW is objectively bad, and the only thing that would make me uncomfortable saying that is it understates how objectively evil the company is.

sometimes I swear it seems like you post to personally peeve me off!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lid posted:

https://i.imgur.com/LHd85v0.mp4

Edit: loving dumbass me - credit to Bonk I did not make this

unmute for a fun surprise

also lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Griff Garrison’s promo on ROH this week was him basically begging his new tag partner not to suck as bad as BPJ so he doesn’t also lose his job lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is today unofficial shitpost day or something, because the elon musk threads in gbs and cspam switched places and people are being ironic shitheads there too

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Is today unofficial shitpost day or something, because the elon musk threads in gbs and cspam switched places and people are being ironic shitheads there too

I don't think of QoP as an ironic shithead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rotinaj posted:

those other threads both sound really bad OP

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

rotinaj posted:

gbs is still a thing?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cant spell ironic shithead without Ah, Irish noticed

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pillman Jr. has a story that makes you really want to cheer for him and a personality that makes you want him to go away forever

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I wouldn't discount Beepie. Look what WWE has done with Dom.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to discount WWE as objectively terrible but i haven't watched in a decade so I don't even know half the people who wrestle there.
I just know what I knew a decade ago and that was 'WWE generally maxxed out at 'halfway decent' and even then it still found a way to gently caress it up'. And it sounds like it went downhill from there.
And even if you want to say 'there's no ethical consumerism under capitalism' WWE is just a layer cake of vile under the hood.
We voted Vince a worse human being than a human sex trafficker and multiple pedophiles and I will stand by that. I would go as far as to call Vince the worst human being on this planet who doesn't/hasn't held some sort of political authority.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ChrisBTY posted:

I want to discount WWE as objectively terrible but i haven't watched in a decade so I don't even know half the people who wrestle there.
I just know what I knew a decade ago and that was 'WWE generally maxxed out at 'halfway decent' and even then it still found a way to gently caress it up'. And it sounds like it went downhill from there.
And even if you want to say 'there's no ethical consumerism under capitalism' WWE is just a layer cake of vile under the hood.
We voted Vince a worse human being than a human sex trafficker and multiple pedophiles and I will stand by that. I would go as far as to call Vince the worst human being on this planet who doesn't/hasn't held some sort of political authority.

Is "the worst human being on this planet who doesn't/hasn't held some sort of political authority has a moustache now" too long for a thread title?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

I don't think Dom is a shithead though.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Bloodline promo

- SPOILER MATCH

- Grayson Waller Effect with Bobby Lashley

- Cameron Grimes vs. Austin Theory

- United States Title: Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Esobar

- LWO, Cena backstage segments

- Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

- John Cena segment

BACKSTAGE NEWS

- Butch vs. Ashante Thee Adonis is set for a pre-show dark match

- Seth Rollins vs. GUNTHER is set for a post-show dark match

- Jessika Carr is set to referee the US Title Match

- Paul Heyman, Dakota Kai, IYO SKY, B-Fab, Ridge Holland are all at tonight's show. Imperium is there for dark match related stuff, too.

SPOILERS

- Karl Anderson is set to interrupt the Bloodline segment

- SPOILER MATCH 1: Karl Anderson vs. Jimmy Uso

- Street Profits and Austin Theory are to be involved in the Grayson Waller Effect

- The US Title match is set for three segments

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

Anybody got a MotU post on hand, I need their avatar for something.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Jade_Cargill/status/1707904009825050734

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I thought that was some kind of new and awful AR graphic for the arena at first.