Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

General Dog posted:

I didn’t agree with Feinstein on much, but the time she big-dicked those kids and teachers whining for Green New Deal was pretty great.

Does it feel weird to find a 90 year old you're not in lock-step with politically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How dare those children be concerned about where they’re going to live more than her oil and gas shares?!?!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Children are dumb as hell, but so are 90 year olds.

Makes ya think.

Not much though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a feeling that people are missing Dog's sarcasm.

I hope anyway

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
oh I caught it, and I actually agree, it was hilarious, my point is that Marin County Strom Thurmond might have more in common than he thinks

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I went to a boygenius concert, and it was great.

I wish we had more 28 year olds in political office and less decrepit septua/octo/nonagenarians who prize power so much they cling to it long past the point where they can effectively wield it and die in office rather than suggest their positions are anything but their personal possessions.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Anxiously awaiting some political masterstroke from the Democrats where they agree to appoint a (R) to her seat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Anxiously awaiting some political masterstroke from the Democrats where they agree to appoint a (R) to her seat

I'd like to think we're past the Obama Era of Compromise, where Republicans offer to kick him in the crotch five times, he counters that he would not like to be kicked in the crotch, then both they agree that in exchange in being kicked in the crotch three times they will create a free enterprise zone where disabled minorities can start a charter school with a tax break

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I went to a boygenius concert, and it was great.

I haven't listened to much boygenius past a couple of singles, but those singles are fantastic

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This election is going to be more depressing than the last and I fear all the unity created by Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift getting together is just going to be squandered.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

This election is going to be more depressing than the last and I fear all the unity created by Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift getting together is just going to be squandered.

Im sure you'll be able to shake it off.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve got a blank ballet baby
And I’ll write your name

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Shinji2015 posted:

I haven't listened to much boygenius past a couple of singles, but those singles are fantastic
It’s a crazy band: Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, and Lucy Dacus are all pretty great separately, but boygenius is greater than the sum of its parts.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

Switching to monarchism with my sworn liege Lady Gaga.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Switching to monarchism with my sworn liege Lady Gaga.

Bonnie Raitt ride or die, I can’t clean without her, thanks mom.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
people are talking about how the swifties are going to destroy twitter now that elon is going after her but I feel like I hear that every time something happens regarding taylor swift and it never results in anything

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

That’s Something to talk about

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

people are talking about how the swifties are going to destroy twitter now that elon is going after her but I feel like I hear that every time something happens regarding taylor swift and it never results in anything

KPop fans get poo poo done, swifties are just loud is my going theory.

Not that I want either to notice me for any reason.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Whelp I’m on a Deftone kick

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I got to see them live about 10 years ago and it was when the lead singer was fat af and kept having to take breaks.

loving slayed tho.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

chinos been fat the entire time

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hell ya, the living embodiment of Dickie pants

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 30, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

I feel like I go on those kicks but instead of Deftones it's Failure and Filter and Puscifer and then I end up listening to System of a Down and wondering why I didn't start with that.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Not a kick if you never stopped playing System. I still remember unwrapping Toxicity and playing it a few days after 9/11. Boy my dad loved that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/J_fassler/status/1707778914305679565?s=20

This guy miss the news?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I got to see them live about 10 years ago and it was when the lead singer was fat af and kept having to take breaks.

loving slayed tho.

I saw the OG Misfits in 2019 and I went in with the assumption they were gonna be old and busted and washed up, and was just going to cross it off my bucket list mostly

NOPE Danzig may be a fuckin doofus but he can still fuckin sing, Jerry is perfectly spooky and creepy, and Doyle is still a hulking terrifying stage presence. Easily in the top 3 shows I’ve ever been to

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Hell yeah. I got back into them heavily over the pandemic. I guess the shoegaze vibe fit?

Tangentially related, here's Chino featuring on a Polyphia track that's an absolute vibe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqLwO_7WaI

a sexual elk posted:

Not a kick if you never stopped playing System. I still remember unwrapping Toxicity and playing it a few days after 9/11. Boy my dad loved that

Distinctly remember getting Toxicity and my dad asking why there was an upside-down American flag on the back. (It was the record label)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Attending a high school friends funeral today. Saw her a few weeks ago and now waking up early for a Saturday to go lay her to rest. Bright and joyous person who was quietly hurting inside. Funerals and mortality always put me in a weirdly specific headspace. Hug your friends 😔

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Almost certainly not, see also
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1707786548622524835?t=CPInVCJPtKKqhCQcbvwAlg&s=19

Amy Pole Her posted:

Attending a high school friends funeral today. Saw her a few weeks ago and now waking up early for a Saturday to go lay her to rest. Bright and joyous person who was quietly hurting inside. Funerals and mortality always put me in a weirdly specific headspace. Hug your friends 😔

That stinks, sorry to hear man. It's not your fault.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I promised some puppy pics, so meet Mochi!

Amy Pole Her posted:

poo poo, sorry to hear about that. Thats extremely rough.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I promised some puppy pics, so meet Mochi!

poo poo, sorry to hear about that. Thats extremely rough.

😍

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

checking the replies to see how many people got fiscaled

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Amy Pole Her posted:

That's awful man, I'm sorry. :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Sorry man, thats always rough, even for the most casual of acquaintances.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Sorry man, thats always rough, even for the most casual of acquaintances.

You might’ve actually met her.
Grew up with her and that red head you had those couple of dates with. Known her for 25 years. She had a two year old :-/. Just so sad. You would’ve guessed she was on the top of her game but way wrong. Death of someone close has a weird way of re-prioritizing your life.

Thanks all. It’s weirdly therapeutic to post about it. Everyone else is just in a state of shock.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Grew up with her and that red head you had those couple of dates with. Known her for 25 years. She had a two year old :-/. Just so sad. You would’ve guessed she was on the top of her game but way wrong. Death of someone close has a weird way of re-prioritizing your life.

Thanks all. It’s weirdly therapeutic to post about it. Everyone else is just in a state of shock.

drat, sorry to hear man. Glad to hear you're doing alright.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Been there, my best friend everyone thought had conquered his middle school depression all throughout high school and into our early 20s and everyone thought he was the happiest fuckin dude on the planet until he turned a shotgun on himself one day. It really fucks with you, sorry to hear about her and that you’re going through that.

And yeah. Funerals loving suck for me now after the last few, they just put me in a very bad spot for a while

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, that’s a lot to deal with. If posting helps, post away! Just be gentle with yourself and just address what comes up.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

drat man. I'm sorry for your loss of a friend and for the pain her family must be going through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

Been there, my best friend everyone thought had conquered his middle school depression all throughout high school and into our early 20s and everyone thought he was the happiest fuckin dude on the planet until he turned a shotgun on himself one day. It really fucks with you, sorry to hear about her and that you’re going through that.

And yeah. Funerals loving suck for me now after the last few, they just put me in a very bad spot for a while

It’s almost uncanny how wrong you can be about someone. Maybe it’s our own internal optimism that makes us think “well yeah they’re doing great they’re smiling, they’ve got X and Y going for them!”

Her family is another thing. The brothers dealing with it in a really angry way - she left behind a 2 year old son, so i get his anger. But he’s *mad* and openly expressing it. Like man, relax, she clearly was hurting. I just don’t know how you talk to someone who is so wildly in the other form of grief compared to your own. Thanks everyone, truly. Been a weird day.