Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
if I was an NFL owner going into a divisional game I'd buy out all the 2nd market seats and scour the country for every last remaining member of small town STOMP productions,

And declare that it is TRASH CAN LID NIGHT.

You can definitely put a price on making the opponent's QB burn a timeout, and it's probably less than you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The world will be bathed in Hawaiian blue soon enough

Inshallah

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Also I'd hand out those foam noodles to the seats behind the goal posts. I feel like that doesn't happen enough anymore.

And also

1 in 10 seats has a Nickleodeon BOOM BAT and a sack of super balls

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7284088593532898602

hoes mad

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

MJeff posted:

I regret to inform the celebrating Lions fans that we are actually terrible people. :(

https://twitter.com/ffcounselor1/status/1707789561722470478

I have gibbs on my fantasy team but you'd have to be a real sicko to be mad at montgomery getting some glory after he was rescued from bears hell

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Good.

Now can we get Noho Hank to do a rendition of this?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Me, a dog:

OW OW OW OW OW OW

WHAT IS A "GOLD PACKAGE" AND WHY DOES IT HURT MY EARS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen is fuckin’ pissed.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

bruh scalped his eyebrows and cryin about 414 gassing up the UP

BRUH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

guy ranting because mr. freeze sold all of the lions fans tickets with the cold package

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

bruh scalped his eyebrows and cryin about 414 gassing up the UP

BRUH

BRUH...has alopecia areata. Note the lack of eyelashes. He didnt scalp anything.

BRUH

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

ZombieCrew posted:

BRUH...has alopecia areata. Note the lack of eyelashes. He didnt scalp anything.

BRUH

my bad bruh

BUT STILL, :fire emoji, fire emoji, gas can, automobile, lion face, lion face, happy emoji face:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

lmao. “I hate the Detroit Lions so much,”

Did he watch NFL football before last year? Acting like this rivalry has ever been more than one-sided until now is just silly. The packers and their fans have largely been unaware the Lions existed for a few decades.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

my bad bruh

BUT STILL, :fire emoji, fire emoji, gas can, automobile, lion face, lion face, happy emoji face:

Lol Indeed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the packers have played four (4) games without a hall of fame quarterback and that dude's already melting down

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dr. Lunchables posted:

lmao. “I hate the Detroit Lions so much,”

Did he watch NFL football before last year? Acting like this rivalry has ever been more than one-sided until now is just silly. The packers and their fans have largely been unaware the Lions existed for a few decades.

I used to feel sorry for the Lions, but then Suh stomped on that one guy’s chest and I’ve hated them ever since.

Really, Jim Schwartz and his whole thing made the Lions hatable again. :shuckyes:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

It is thanksgiving day 2003. Mike McMahon is leading the lions to victory over Green Bay. I will never understand why he didn't become an all-pro starter in the National Football League.

It is thanksgiving day 2013. Marshall Newhouse's body is on Mars, but his jersey is in Detroit, doing fuckall to stop a divisional matchup massacre.

It is thanksgiving day 2023. The aliens have landed and Green Bay will never have to worry about a complete season without a hall of fame QB ever again

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Suh just hated quarterbacks. Thats not a crime

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wish suh played hockey tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I wish suh played hockey tbh

Remember that time he came out on a Zamboni?

When the Red Wings had a 3-1 lead on the Blackhawks, the Tigers were the top of the AL and the Lions were playoff contenders?

Feels like that was the last time any of the Detroit teams were good. And that was a frickin' decade ago. :shepface:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Fantasy football is heaps of fun provided you don’t start out as a loser manchild

You do know where you're posting right?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nervous posted:

You do know where you're posting right?

I usually post in the body builder sub forum so I guess you could have a point

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wasn't the Suh Stomp on a lineman?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wasn't the Suh Stomp on a lineman?

Yup. Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yup. Evan Dietrich-Smith.

pretty stompable name, tbf

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

pretty stompable name, tbf

Supposedly he kept untying Suh’s shoelaces. :shrug:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I'd expect nothing less from a guy who is named like a german prince

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Suh just couldn't appreciate a good Vaudeville routine

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Man do I have the strongest feeling the Vikings are going to screw up and lose on Sunday.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It's time to take the '92 Chargers' 0-4 start to 11-1 comeback record away from them.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

Suh just hated quarterbacks. Thats not a crime

Yet he never joined the Bears... :thunk:

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

ZombieCrew posted:

oh no...they sold all the tickets to people that wanted to attend. Gimme a break. Were cranky old pack fans up in arms over this?

I know plenty of old Packer fans rooting for the team to suck. All of them, every one, thinks this will mean a return to the good ol days (the 70s and 80s, of course) when all the packer fans trudged together to the stadium for a loss and everyone cheered and lost together. Losing brings people together, shared suffering is a gift!

There's always idiots who think they can turn pack the clock for their imaginary past, and these clowns selling their tickets to the other team are keeping us from paradise! Plenty of these old farts (hi) don't get that there's other things to do nowadays, even in little ol Green Bay. The old world ain't coming back.

Anyway, just wanted to point that delusion out - lots of these folks keep it to themselves, but get em talking and the bullshit will start oozing out. Or don't. I'm not your dad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ZombieCrew posted:

oh no...they sold all the tickets to people that wanted to attend. Gimme a break. Were cranky old pack fans up in arms over this?

it's the other way around -- it's the young fans who were fired up about the attendance. The Gold Package holders are old and cranky.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

No-HoF QB Hank

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Making spoiled boomer sports fan cranky gets my motor running, folks

Yeah, Monty is The motor city running

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lmao "after the game when the stands emptied, the road team managed to have enough fans to fill a small section. "

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Suh-laces

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/KurtBenkert/status/1707947730876969045

Full text of first tweet:

quote:

My first thoughts after watching the Packers all 22 film.

Too many young mistakes to compete right now. Like blatantly obvious things. It’s the reason why you need vets around. It’s one thing to have a coach tell a young guy a way to do something, it’s another to have a veteran player physically show you how - in a way that resonates quickly.

You’re seeing things all over film that point to this being the #1 problem they are facing and it’s self inflicted, if you ask me. That’s what you get when you orchestrate a roster that’s average age is 25 years old.

Prime example, is the lookie - stick nod play a few plays after the first interception when the Packers got the ball in Detroit territory. If you compare the execution of the receivers on this play to the execution of the 49ers receivers running the same exact play, it looks entirely different. Even though the players are drawn in the playbook the same, one looks like they are running it precisely and with urgency, they other guys don’t know what coverage it is and aren’t exploding out of breaks.

Coverage is plug and you have a TE who should score a TD inside release into the plug defender when if he keeps it outside on a seam landmark he gets a probably 50/50 back shoulder ball. Jordan passes up a tight- ish completion to the lookie (slant) knowing the stick nod should be money, but the TE runs it wrong. Then the china (checkdown) is lazy out the break and Jordan gets pressure.

Just a lot of maturing and growing up that has to happen, and this is only talking about the offense right now.

We probably should've kept Marcedes Lewis! Oh well!