Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
New DLC for Underrail: I love Underrail and the first DLC was excellent, I am looking forward to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaFg6mnlak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1707470505748398394

Fire devs
Raise prices
More money for shareholders

:lol: just unabashed ghoulish behaviour, goddamn

firing devs is lovely but i don't see how raising the prices for "v-bucks" is especially ghoulish

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

firing devs is lovely but i don't see how raising the prices for "v-bucks" is especially ghoulish

Fortnite's target audience is children, who do not know the value of money.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Recriminalize advertising to children.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
drat, the mcdonald's manager got caught wiping his nose on the buns, AND he increased the cost of extra pickles by 50 cents? what an rear end in a top hat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Khanstant posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I’m genuinely surprised we have multiple people going to bat for Epic raising prices.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i don't think it's a good thing i just think it sounds very stupid to put it in the same sentence with "they fired 900 people" as if those are even close to comparable

it's just bland corporate rent seeking it's not some extra evil thing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khanstant posted:

criminalize advertising

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i don't think it's a good thing i just think it sounds very stupid to put it in the same sentence with "they fired 900 people" as if those are even close to comparable

it's just bland corporate rent seeking it's not some extra evil thing

That’s not what rent seeking means.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
welcome to joe biden's virtual america

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Khanstant posted:

They just announced they're doing this here in Aus btw, although I think it's more about targeted advertising than a blanket ban

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of Fortnite and advertising lol they made a world branded for Shell Gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EGuZmdRiR8

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I have a PS4 and Switch. Does Coccoon run alright on Switch or should I get it on PS4

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

They just announced they're doing this here in Aus btw, although I think it's more about targeted advertising than a blanket ban

That's better than nothing! Won't be long before we have adults out here who lived their whole lives with kiddy gambling completely normalized and never knowing a time before most of the games their friends talked about weren't completely designed around some dark pattern scheme or other.

You can already spot folks who have a hard time playing games that do t come with the constant intermittent reward cycles else they lose motivation and interest in playing at all.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I assume very few of you have played Lingo yet since it has so few reviews, but I've been poking at this thing with a friend for months and we keep getting blown away discovering new poo poo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
guessing the one that looks like a trippy windows 95 screensaver and not the gameshow app? the screensaver one looks kind of dope

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Yea this game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1814170/Lingo/

Actually insane how much is hidden in this thing, I'm pretty sure we're not even halfway done. Here's my elevator pitch:

Take the non-Euclidian navigation from Antichamber and rather than a gun, use simple word puzzles that follow loose logic based on context to stumble your way around a maddening labyrinth. Yes the game looks very basic (it's not going to win any graphic design awards), but I put it up there with some of the best puzzle games I've played, probably better than Antichamber itself.

A very early example of puzzle mechanics You first find white blocks, which seems to expect the same word as the word printed on the block. But soon you find that 'same word' might mean 'word with the same meaning' or 'word that makes the same sound'. Then you find black blocks.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 30, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve tried cryptic crosswords but they aren’t for me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
im gonna play fortnite tonight

please forgive me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Build or no build?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
me and the lads are gonna play holocaust museum mode for few rounds to warm up or two then switch to nobuild

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Atoramos posted:

Yea this game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1814170/Lingo/

Actually insane how much is hidden in this thing, I'm pretty sure we're not even halfway done. Here's my elevator pitch:

Take the non-Euclidian navigation from Antichamber and rather than a gun, use simple word puzzles that follow loose logic based on context to stumble your way around a maddening labyrinth. Yes the game looks very basic (it's not going to win any graphic design awards), but I put it up there with some of the best puzzle games I've played, probably better than Antichamber itself.

A very early example of puzzle mechanics You first find white blocks, which seems to expect the same word as the word printed on the block. But soon you find that 'same word' might mean 'word with the same meaning' or 'word that makes the same sound'. Then you find black blocks.

I bought this awhile ago apparently, started it up thanks to your posts. It's pretty good so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Marvel Avengers is being delisted in a couple of hours. Anyone want to try and sell me on it? I don’t particularly like super hero stuff, and $4 (Steam price) is enough for me to not want to buy it sight unseen.

So I guess I’d prefer you to be unconvincing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's trash

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Perfect! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lingo is excellent and there's a lot of steam workshop maps

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Marvel Avengers is being delisted in a couple of hours. Anyone want to try and sell me on it? I don’t particularly like super hero stuff, and $4 (Steam price) is enough for me to not want to buy it sight unseen.

So I guess I’d prefer you to be unconvincing.

The single player campaign is good enough to warrant $4, particularly if you like Ms Marvel.

I think there was only like 2 points in the game where I had to grind a side mission for XP, but other than that you can just mainline the story mode.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I was a bit disappointed with chapter 2 of Lingo - it starts you off in a library and you have to solve like 40 word puzzles before you are allowed to explore. Never got far with that

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of Fortnite and advertising lol they made a world branded for Shell Gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EGuZmdRiR8

This thumbnail is very close to makin me puke

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

ymgve posted:

I was a bit disappointed with chapter 2 of Lingo - it starts you off in a library and you have to solve like 40 word puzzles before you are allowed to explore. Never got far with that

I can't remember the library, that might be chapter 3? I think there's a chapter 3? To be honest we found our way back to chapter 1 and couldn't find our way back to chapter 2 for literal weeks while uncovering a seemingly unending amount of stuff in chapter 1.

just tonight we found 'the end' achievement in chapter 1, which appeared to be a prerequisite to accessing the second half of the first chapter, nevermind chapter 2. I still don't understand the '...' sun rooms that sometimes give me a yellow dot in the middle of my screen. We got past the room with the four directional indicators only to find a deeper mystery within that we don't understand. We're also convinced there's some logic to boxes being high, medium, or low on your screen, but we've never been able to figure that out at all

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 30, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shinjobi posted:

im gonna play fortnite tonight

please forgive me

make sure to save john wick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P-Yk-Q2bWk

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I never played Marvel's Avengers and don't even completely understand what it is, but I take it there is a single player campaign largely unrelated to all the GaaS multiplayer stuff that was fully written, voiced with talent that is AAA in video game land, animated, designed and programmed etc, and it's just going to be.... essentially completely unplayable going forward from this point on?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Infinitum posted:

There's basically mass layoffs every year once projects end, and a lot of studios are always One Bad Game away from closing. Not saying it's right or fair, but 2023 isn't unique.

Hey, game developers are indeed saying that 2023 is unique, but do your thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I never played Marvel's Avengers and don't even completely understand what it is, but I take it there is a single player campaign largely unrelated to all the GaaS multiplayer stuff that was fully written, voiced with talent that is AAA in video game land, animated, designed and programmed etc, and it's just going to be.... essentially completely unplayable going forward from this point on?

It's all paired together.

The single player campaign is a set of missions. As you progress new side missions pop up, the lighter GaaS stuff, but you don't really need to focus on them.
The story campaign has you switching heroes over the course of it, once you complete that you get to the endlessly grindable GaaS poo poo - which are just constant missions

It's actually pretty decent story as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDBojdBAjXU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4gQos9BffI

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ymgve posted:

Library's not Level 2, that was a separate section added as an update between levels 1 & 2. i didn't finish the library and was able to play level 2 (i'm not sure if you even need to finish level 1 at this point? i could be wrong but i think you can just select the map now from the menu)

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
What is *the* game to play online with friends who are core/hardcore gamers these days? Other than CS2?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

have you heard about the acclaimed mmo final fantasy xiv with a free trial that will soon include the base game and the award winning expansions heavensward and stormblood and allow you to play up to level 70 with no restrictions on playtime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last I heard the hardcore gamers all migrated to baldur's gate 3 co-op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Battletoad's Turbo Tunnel on loop