Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah looking at these rosters I would have hated to pay money for the Leafs/Habs game tonight

Yeah this game is rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Are you not entertained by the incredible talent and athletic prowess of... uhh.. Mitchell Stephens and... um... John.. Parker-Jones..?

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

Are you not entertained by the incredible talent and athletic prowess of... uhh.. Mitchell Stephens and... um... John.. Parker-Jones..?

John Parker-Jones sounds like the name of an MCU character

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Habs PP in mid-season form!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy poo poo that powerplay :barf:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ya hate to see it

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

There seems to be this view in the Canucks media/podcast market that is drawing this strict causation line between last season the team sucking in preseason and then the regular season.

The possible cause of them sucking in the regular season last year being the same cause of them sucking in preseason last year does not seem to have been strongly considered (it’s because they aren’t a very good team..)

As an aside, I feel sorry for Spencer Martin, having spent a couple of years in the dumpster fire of Vancouver, gets waived and on the same day hears there is a spot opening up in Tampa… only to find out this seasons leading contender for dumpster fire had claimed you.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/senschirp/status/1707924563323957553?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Get Pierre his own box next game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

There seems to be this view in the Canucks media/podcast market that is drawing this strict causation line between last season the team sucking in preseason and then the regular season.

There's typically no correlation between preseason record and the start of the regular season. Still, for a team that needs a good start like nothing else this has to be disheartening.

They haven't played a game at home yet. For whatever reason it seems the modern gentleman's agreement is you ice a losing lineup on the road in the preseason to let the home town fans see a win I guess. I imagine they'll ice a full lineup tomorrow night so we'll see how they actually look then.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Kale posted:

John Parker-Jones sounds like the name of an MCU character

Didn't he play the bass in Led Zeppelin?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Boo Dubas, let people have fun
:hmmyes: Colored pads are cooler than white imo.

Powershift posted:

They should double bluff and put targets right in the middle of the pads.

Or navy dazzle camo so you can't tell how far away the goalie is or which way he's facing.

Is out to the circles? is he in his crease? who knows!
Reminds me of the mismatched pads Cujo wore in Detroit.

BTW when was the last time you saw an NHL goalie play the puck like that? Maybe it was José Theodore? Turco Grip 4 eva.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 30, 2023

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/HockeyTomorrow/status/1707825408165519807

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The entire hockey setup is dogshit racist garbage.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

*throws grenade in SAS* JEFF CARTER

I just want to see MAF get his fight.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

Well, they are called the Rebels.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

I just want to see MAF get his fight.

Defensively very good while wondering where the offense is going to come from. Looks pretty accurate to me. I’d love to see MAF get his fight too. Still play St Louis 4x a year, but those refs are going to get in the way again.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

Defensively very good while wondering where the offense is going to come from.

Is there a single season in Wild history where that wasn't true.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Is there a single season in Wild history where that wasn't true.

2016-17 in Boudreau's first year. They were second in goals for and seventh in goals against. Evason's first two seasons were also 5th and 8th in goals for.

I'm going to go with 2003 though for the comedy answer. (24th in goals for, lols)

Kale
May 14, 2010

I dont think I can watch Leafs/Habs part 2 if Suzuki and Caufield arent dressed tonight. That was kind of painful and enlightening last nights game and the one against New Jersey. At least theres always Josh Anderson I guess.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

I dont think I can watch Leafs/Habs part 2 if Suzuki and Caufield arent dressed tonight. That was kind of painful and enlightening last nights game and the one against New Jersey. At least theres always Josh Anderson I guess.

I think we're gonna have to add Dach to Suzuki and Caufield as players that are always fun to watch, but, yeah, last night was rough unless you got the extremely rare fetish of being into watching Justin Barron fumble the puck at the blue line.

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

I think we're gonna have to add Dach to Suzuki and Caufield as players that are always fun to watch, but, yeah, last night was rough unless you got the extremely rare fetish of being into watching Justin Barron fumble the puck at the blue line.

Was that the guy who just could not keep it in to save his life on the powerplay they got score on short handed. If so yeah that was some dire stuff.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I like that the Bakersfield Condors beat the Calgary Flames last night and i don't care that it was preseason

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Levi has given up three lovely goals to the Blue Jackets, lol, lmao

Edit: to be fair, the defense they’re icing is pretty much all AHL-level guys but like, drat

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 30, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Was that the guy who just could not keep it in to save his life on the powerplay they got score on short handed. If so yeah that was some dire stuff.

You know it baby

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Kraken chat: In order for Shane Wright to play meaningful minutes, the Kraken would likely need to bench or trade Alex Wennberg so Shane could take the C spot on the 3rd line. If they were willing to play him for only 4th line minutes, they could bench Pierre-Édouard Bellemare instead.

Should they do one of those things, or just let Wright bake for a year in the AHL, or at least until there is an injury at the NHL level? Shane is only 19 years old.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Alex Wenberg should not be blocking a teams best prospect.

But you could also stick Wright on a wing of you need to. Even the AHL seems fine tbh

Kale
May 14, 2010

neoaxd posted:

You know it baby

Caufield-Suzuki-Newhook
RHP-Dach-Slafkovsky
Andersson-Kidney-Heineman
Pezzetta-Maillet-Farrell

Guhle-Reinbacher
Trudeau-Kovacevic
Norlinder-Barron

Well hes in tonight but the top 6 is more bearable at least as are the top 4 D pairings.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Levi has given up three lovely goals to the Blue Jackets, lol, lmao

Edit: to be fair, the defense they’re icing is pretty much all AHL-level guys but like, drat

You have bad takes

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres went down 3-0 only to score 4 unanswered goals to win, so it looks like they’re already in mid-season form.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Going by faceoffs Seattle centers went - Wennberg 1C by a mile (1350 draws), Gourde/Beniers (900 a piece give or take), and then Geekie with 600. I'd Seattle are serious about playing Wright they should either be playing him with Beniers or demote Wennberg big time. Hard to see Hak doing either so I'm going with he gets jerked around a ton again at 4c before being sent????

Kale
May 14, 2010

Surely this will be a better Habs power play with these units right?

e: Oh never mind not their PP anyway

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

The Stars look lifeless tonight, but to be fair, this looks more Texas Stars than Dallas. Apparently we’ve got Fake Matt Murray in goal??

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Quick sucks and lol at the rangers D (mostly scrubs this game)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

Quick sucks and lol at the rangers D (mostly scrubs this game)

He’s been so bad lol Is it too late to find a new backup?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Haveing a great time with my pals at UBS Arena tonight watching the New York Hockey Islander's

Kale
May 14, 2010

Martin Jones looking kind of like a wall tonight.

e: Justin Barron is really loving bad and I'm glad he's probably not going to be on the actual roster.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 1, 2023

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

lol Hagel signs a big contract then decides tonight to score a goal and get in a fight like he doesn’t know its preseason

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
is my new baby Logan Stankoven playing

Kale
May 14, 2010

Habs PP still super bad :barf:

welp gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mennoknight posted:

is my new baby Logan Stankoven playing

nah

I remember this game was going on and looked at the NHL.com game center summary and it said the shots were like 8 to 7 well into the third period lol.. seems like it's a game for the ages!

**And the Dallas youngsters take home the win in OT! And by that I mean one of the best players in the NHL won the game for them

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 1, 2023