Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

Misc posted:

can you still bind buys to keys? i've never used the buy menu in a counter strike

osker posted:

Yes, please someone help.

Yes you can but some of the values have changed.

I used the info in this post to change my own binds. Hope this helps!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3029445264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

did the most important thing and found the optimal viewmodel settings :cool:

(offsets for x to 1, y to 1, z to -2, I can't do the doom/quake position anymore lol)

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

hbag posted:

i saw a guy with 2 ping last night. my man was sat next to the server or something

This happens to me a lot, I never notice until people point it out. Just lucky to live on top of the server I guess.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If one person abandons, currently the vote to surrender requires five votes.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Vahakyla posted:

If one person abandons, currently the vote to surrender requires five votes.

surrendering is for cowards

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Can you not unlock new dudes without paying these jerks or what

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
So accidentally clicking in the keyboard controls section will remap mouse 1 and break the entire game, leaving you unable to click on anything at all. So, don't do that.

e: does anyone know where the control settings are stored? How did this game make it to shipment? Good lord

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 29, 2023

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Psycho Society posted:

So accidentally clicking in the keyboard controls section will remap mouse 1 and break the entire game, leaving you unable to click on anything at all. So, don't do that.

e: does anyone know where the control settings are stored? How did this game make it to shipment? Good lord

tilde, in console type 'unbind mouse1' might work?

edit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\csgo\cfg

faantastic fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 29, 2023

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I am going to take this moment to enjoy being ranked 14,709 in the entire world for counter strike. I will cherish this for the next 48 hours until I am bumped into the 100k range

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

faantastic posted:

tilde, in console type 'unbind mouse1' might work?

edit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\game\csgo\cfg

Can't get console up and these CFG files are just the default ones with default keybinds in them. Reinstalling also doesn't work since it downloads settings from the cloud. Fascinatingly easy way to break a game imo, this must be some sort of record

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
\Steam\userdata\<YOUR ID HERE>\730\remote/cs2_user_keys.vcfg

then change whatever MOUSE1 is to +attack

loving hell

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 29, 2023

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I need my left handed gun. This is making me mad. The command won’t work.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Psycho Society posted:

Man you're reminding me of the good old days when Source let you execute remote client commands as a server admin.
It could be something gentle like rebinding someone's left-click to "throw gun"
Or it could be more creative like rendering your game unplayably bricked before banning someone for being a shithead.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I'm loving the new setting to have your crosshair follow the recoil, I got used to that from games like Rainbow Six Siege and I couldn't go back to the CS style. It's implemented even better than Siege since your camera doesn't move, your cursor just moves away from the middle of the screen. It was wild at first but I'm starting to get used to it and I love it. I want to kiss it on the lips.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m kinda pissed, have won 5 MM games so far, 3 of them were premier but it’s still saying 9 games to get a rank. No idea what the deal is, all of the people I played with have the same thing. These games were split over launch night and last night.

I guess it’s probably just a display thing, we’ll see.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I like CS2 a lot.
I played a ton of Source and not nearly as much GO.
CS2 is hitting that sweet spot again and I'm not even sure how to articulate it beyond 'it just feels right'.
Then I think back to trying Valorant and absolutely despising what should have been a brainless CS clone (with superpowers) but that game feels godawful.
The secret formula remains in Valve's hands

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
Yea just echoing the "it feels right" thing. I had some 400 hours into CSGO and my initial impression of CS2 is that the movement, weapon switching and so on just feel good. Also, shooting feels great and shots really land. When you hit a dude, you know right away and it feels great.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I don't know how CS has always had the sauce, but it really does. Just enough inertia to avoid being floaty, just frail enough to make TTK incredibly fast and satisfying, and aim and recoil is fully under your control.

amazing how badly they missed with Valorant.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Game is fun

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

i dunno how the technical magic works but i do find it impressive how i can surf and kz on csgo community servers then switch to cs2 for comp and feel practically no difference with my movement and aim.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

its because its the same game

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I will never stop rushing.
And apparently they will never learn that 20 seconds into match, a Canadian lady with a shotgun is going to round the corner and start exploding all of the people trying to snipe.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I am horrible at this game but I still play. Always down for looking for new friends to play with.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Katamari Democracy posted:

I am horrible at this game but I still play. Always down for looking for new friends to play with.

check out the sub.io thread in the PGS. We have a discord with tons of people and play games pretty much nightly.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Playing again cause of 2, haven't seen any big changes but still a blast.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I missed these days of CS. People were gettin a little too chummy in the later days of GO. Finally I can have 12 year olds telling me to kill myself again.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Push El Burrito posted:

I missed these days of CS. People were gettin a little too chummy in the later days of GO. Finally I can have 12 year olds telling me to kill myself again.

for me its been the opposite. teammates have been much friendlier

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nevermind i just got votekicked for losing a 1v5 lmao

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Big L posted:

Yes you can but some of the values have changed.

I used the info in this post to change my own binds. Hope this helps!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3029445264

this is helpful, thanks. i agree with the op that the binds should be switched to slot 1 etc instead of famas/galil, but it's only a minor pain and might get patched eventually

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

hbag posted:

nevermind i just got votekicked for losing a 1v5 lmao

Ya thats one thing I am not a fan of, how it is to get kicked for no reason. Most teams though unless you literally just sit and camp won't kick you if they do its better to move on anyway.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

does kind of take the wind out of your sails though

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Just play with goons. If you get kicked for losing a 1v5 is was most likely because it was funny, at least.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Having a lot of fun so far, I am reinvigorated on CS!!! Been years since I’ve played this much and actually enjoyed it like this.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I am pleasantly surprised by MR12. way more fun.

e. Wouldn't mind a MR15 premiere though, tbh

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Mr12 feels like im getting into a groove and then its over. Also it means horrible stomps dont last as long at least

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Still need to remove core 0 from the cs2 process affinity to get stable FPS, so dang weird

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I think it's time for a new thread name.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cs2: swiftly banned upon release

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Tevery Best posted:

I think it's time for a new thread.

CS2: We're better than their whole team, we just do stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU