Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To hell with beetlejuice, if you say it four times, they appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Milo and POTUS posted:

To hell with beetlejuice, if you say it four times, they appear

why would we say beetlejuice four times?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

why would we say beetlejuice four times?

You get a handy from a congressperson.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Dameius posted:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rep. B. Teljuice R-NY

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Dameius posted:

I get my beetle juiced?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

GhostDog posted:

I get my beetle juiced?

You pay a lil extra, you get the "Cockchafer"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Risutora posted:

i thought that was the eve6 person and was real confused why they were sad about mr t being sane

I too tricked myself in this way for about 10 seconds.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Milo and POTUS posted:

Eveforamerica show that man some god drat RESPECT. He was sucked off by Nancy Reagan for god's sakes
Apparently, it wasn't that uncommon.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Okay Matthew Gertz

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Ommin posted:

Apparently, it wasn't that uncommon.

Nancy "Throat GOAT" Reagan. Something something trickle down.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Nancy "Throat GOAT" Reagan. Something something trickle down.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Do you think she ordered extra guac-guac at Mexican restaurants

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1707610230421696707

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1707620387415261191

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Nuebot posted:

This is one of the many problems with rich fucks buying land and property on the various islands because they almost always either try to block poo poo off in illegal ways, or succeed in blocking poo poo off in legal ways and in either case doing anything about it is always a long uphill fight that goes nowhere because fining a rich gently caress five thousand dollars or whatever to unblock a beach is loving nothing when he's just going to pay it to no detriment and block it again while screaming about how he paid good money so he should own everything. There are so many roads here that are just not traversable anymore because some jackass just built a wall across it and the government just won't do anything about it. And this poo poo absolutely harms people because, just using Oahu for example, half the island only has one way to reach the other half, and so if there's ever any kind of major traffic accident or any poo poo at all happens to the one god drat road we have; gently caress us all. It'd be cool to like, have a road going across the island so a single traffic accident can't obliterate half a day's worth of transit essentially, but gently caress you. Or for them to go around the other way (which it used to IIRC but the road washed out ages ago) but again, gently caress you. gently caress the actual residents, basically. gently caress them and I guess hopefully we'll all die one day so they can just convert all of the land we live on to hotels and resorts. Reading all of the news articles about famous people with like 20 homes donating the absolute minimum for good press to people who just lost everything over on Maui has me real mad.

Dont forget DLNR refuses to allow people to use seawalls so homes on the north shore are falling into the god drat ocean, and on the east coast Kam Highway has like 6 inches between the road and the water, and they have sand bags there like that'll do gently caress all.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

is this loss?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

kazil posted:

is this loss?

It’s David Mitchell

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Do you think she ordered extra guac-guac at Mexican restaurants

She calls the young man who makes it “guac-kun”.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Making-your-own-debit-card continues to be amazing

https://twitter.com/salmaduhh/status/1707557575217004637

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I see the dick-sucking factory is ramping up production.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/jherrerx/status/1707808174193975551

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

I see the dick-sucking factory is ramping up production.

All labeled DO NOT HUMP of course

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1707911269033148925

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lmao all they had to do was cut to the guy screaming but no, gotta show that kid's head getting sucked up into the car's wheel and mulched.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I have a firm belief that there's no way to film someone getting hit by a car in a way that isn't hilarious, and filmmakers keep proving me right while trying to prove me wrong.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cleretic posted:

I have a firm belief that there's no way to film someone getting hit by a car in a way that isn't hilarious, and filmmakers keep proving me right while trying to prove me wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FwLlKpKjHU

I didn't actually find this ad funny - it worked as intended on me - but all my friends thought it was hilarious.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ProfessorSkely/status/1707924899925262633?t=m51UqkMWNw0OJA1PXDC8vw&s=19

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Super smart to buy a house right now while prices are insane and mortgage rates are through the ceiling.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Insane homeowners and landlords everywhere believe that the totality of society and state exists to prop them up, personally, because by owning a piece of dirt, they are the foundation upon which the rest of the world rests.

So even if their decision to buy makes no sense, it's the moral thing to do, and it's the obligation of everybody else to take care of their dumb rear end.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Man, whatever happened to, like, just living in a house.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hippocrass posted:

Living? In this economy?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol at this rube who do not know they can monetize the act of "living"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's time to gamify home ownership

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lol at this rube who do not know they can monetize the act of "living"

Best I can do is exist in a state of permanent existential dread, as a service

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

steinrokkan posted:

Insane homeowners and landlords everywhere believe that the totality of society and state exists to prop them up, personally, because by owning a piece of dirt, they are the foundation upon which the rest of the world rests.

So even if their decision to buy makes no sense, it's the moral thing to do, and it's the obligation of everybody else to take care of their dumb rear end.

They don't even own the dirt. You can just take that dirt, they can't stop you.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

steinrokkan posted:

Wasn't there a political strategist at some point who figured out a good chunk of voters generally turned conservative the moment they bought a house?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Clerical Terrors posted:

Wasn't there a political strategist at some point who figured out a good chunk of voters generally turned conservative the moment they bought a house?

I heard somewhere on here that turning people into conservatives by home ownership was a thatcher strategy but idk enough about angleland to weigh in

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thatcher brought in right to buy, which sold off the social housing stock to the people living in them, both annihilating the supply of social housing and creating a boom of people who only cared about house prices.

The problem with conservatism is that eventually you run out of other people's houses.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Phosphine posted:

Can someone American (presumably?) explain the joke here?

A reply mentions reading it out loud and I guess it has to do with Leif, but I can't think of a way to pronounce it that makes it sound like anything other than a butchered Leif.

Well, you see, Baby Gronk stole Livvy from the Drip King. On his visit to LSU, Baby Gronk rizzed up Livvy, and they started dating. They're so in love, Baby Gronk got Livvy's name tattooed on his arm!
Is Baby Gronk the new Drip King, or is Livvy just using him for clout?

HTH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hippocrass posted:

Because it's a property ladder, I buy a starter home, then sell it at a profit, then buy a better house, and up and up until I'm an aristocratic landowner.

No I'm not going to build more houses, that's just dumb.