Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Aviators don't block the sun coming from the corners of your eyes. Do pilots actually wear them when flying?

Also bomber jackets, no collars, thumbs down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

What happened to the Hilux?

Typical bloated MIC. They're even using extended cabs. Shameful.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Typical bloated MIC. They're even using extended cabs. Shameful.

meets both rocket artillery and apc requirements, iranian military industrial complex keeps winning

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

It pleases me tremendously to see that Toyota is still the number one producer of technicals worldwide

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Palladium posted:

but have you thought about that and disaster relief would reduce readiness unlike the other brave war winning troops who are indulging in the illegal sex and drug industries

I've posted the articles ITT before and lol, they've blamed the discipline and crime issues in the US SOF on both having too many deployments, and not enough deployments, within like 6 year of each other.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

skooma512 posted:

I've posted the articles ITT before and lol, they've blamed the discipline and crime issues in the US SOF on both having too many deployments, and not enough deployments, within like 6 year of each other.

pictured below, your avg us sof soldier

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Do you want your SOF operating a drug trafficking ring, or canoeing kids in poor countries?

Those are the only two options and better things aren't possible

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Do you want your SOF operating a drug trafficking ring, or canoeing kids in poor countries?

this poo poo is getting out of hand. everyone, remember to spay or neuter your special forces operators

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Oldest Man posted:

https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/crime/2023/03/23/fort-bragg-soldier-accused-of-beating-toddler-to-death/70042463007/

Third option, canoeing kids in the US.

92523_2
Sep 26, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

we're still sending ballistic missiles with cluster warheads to ukraine though right

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

why won't anyone enlist, says owner of worlds worst company town

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Delta-Wye posted:

why won't anyone enlist, says owner of worlds worst company town

I'd go a bit further. It's like a rich Baron who constantly beats, robs and belittles his peasants. He takes the unpopular privilege of primae noctis.

Then when the Baron's needs an army he puts up some posters offering a tin shilling for any volunteers to catch arrows for his knights.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

DancingShade posted:

I'd go a bit further. It's like a rich Baron who constantly beats, robs and belittles his peasants. He takes the unpopular privilege of primae noctis.

Then when the Baron's needs an army he puts up some posters offering a tin shilling for any volunteers to catch arrows for his knights.

clearly the peasants have it too good if they no longer appreciate the value of a tin shilling

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Toyota is the only effective and efficient arms manufacturer in the West

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

clearly the peasants have it too good if they no longer appreciate the value of a tin shilling

Nobody wants to serf anymore!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

serfice guarantees citizenship

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Serfdom is it's own reward, m'lud.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

KomradeX posted:

Toyota is the only effective and efficient arms manufacturer in the West

japan is pretty far east tho

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

japan is pretty far east tho

As the globe is round I think you'll find Japan is actually to the West in this case.

All depends on the spin, which is also round.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/SaysSimulation/status/1703490536441561445

lostech of the 21st century: shaping thick hardened steel

We stand on the shoulders of giants standing in quicksand

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

We stand on the shoulders of giants standing in quicksand

we realized we could kill and cure the giants to not have to hunt for a few weeks, and also sell some giant jerky for cool trinkets

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/JerryHendrixII/status/1706126173032370416

just remembered that the us does not have its own fleet train lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we may not have cargo ships, but the danes do not have a means to stop us from taking theirs should we decide to.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/JerryHendrixII/status/1706126173032370416

just remembered that the us does not have its own fleet train lmao

:denmark:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

we may not have cargo ships, but the danes do not have a means to stop us from taking theirs should we decide to.

you and what navy

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

The USN has a poor track record vs large cargoships. Im sure the Danes have this one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zodium posted:

you and what navy

the harbor patrol of whatever us port they eventually come to can put a bike lock on it

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Take? No.

The US will arrange a sale of the ships to a separate private company that will promise to look into the feasibility of profitably transporting US military equipment in the next 10 to 20 years.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

the harbor patrol of whatever us port they eventually come to can put a bike lock on it

you'd have to be able to make a bike lock

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The USA will just cease ocean trade entirely and parasite off Mexico and Canada.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Zodium posted:

you'd have to be able to make a bike lock

In US Navy has committed to having AI driven targeted Lakehouse based bike lock technology in the next 7 years to power the next generation of harbour restraint.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/defence-minister-insists-1b-spending-reduction-is-not-a-budget-cut-1.6583538

quote:

The most recent federal budget projects that the department's budget will be $39.7 billion in 2026-27, up from $26.5 billion in the current fiscal year. Most of the budget for the next several years is tied up in long-term spending commitments — for example, the purchase of 88 F-35 fighter jets.

In the same budget, the government announced plans to find more than $15 billion in savings over five years by cutting consulting, professional services and travel by 15 per cent and departmental spending by three per cent.

Canada may need to push off some major procurement projects, such as the shipbuilding strategy, and make do with older equipment for now.

NATO stronger than ever I insist as I loot and plunder all my NATO allies.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 12:15 on Sep 30, 2023

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

it’s almost impossible to overstate the negative impact the F-35 project has had in western military readiness

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
F35 ftw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The F-35 maoistthirdworldist

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
canada buying exactly 88 planes is a bit on the nose, tho

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The F-35 maoistthirdworldist

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Cerebral Bore posted:

canada buying exactly 88 planes is a bit on the nose, tho

Trudeau will apologize to Zelensky to make this right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Trudeau will apologize to Zelensky to make this right.

And to show he means it, he'll donate some of those F-35s to Ukraine.

14 of them, to be precise.