Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

tbh i got bored watching the 1963 version and zoned out but it did show us what hollywood thought classy lesbians were wearing in the early 1960s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theyre right

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

theyre right

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Yeah very accurate. Lesley Gore in 1963:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
almost positive this is what lesbians (and their fake husbands) were constantly wearing in the 1910s

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

there's dhalgren or through the valley of the nest of spiders if you want faggy scifi

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thinking we should take this spaceship on a forums tour

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

wouldnt even make it out of gbs

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wouldnt even make it out of gbs

oh? you an expert?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

oh? you an expert?

i am

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

youll be full gbs mod soon enough

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ohtori Akio posted:

nope

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Ohtori Akio posted:

its bad enough that the thread is in c-spam as it is

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Spaceship threads are the embodiment of retardation on an epically facepalm-worthy scale.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
you love them

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
nope

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Hi all, Pragmatica here :) Just plugging some of my favorite threads. Come read a cozy book with us in The Book Barn or talk about getting fisted with the faggots in The human being Manifesto :3:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers posted:

Hi all, Pragmatica here :) Just plugging some of my favorite threads. Come read a cozy book with us in The Book Barn or talk about getting fisted with the faggots in The human being Manifesto :3:

they get fisted in the book barn and we read cozy books here actually

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

the gimp zone

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:troll:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Yeah I'm thinking the human being thread would be much better if it was more like byob

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Poppers posted:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

they get fisted in the book barn and we read cozy books here actually

The next book coming very loving soon

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers posted:

The next book coming very loving soon

you come when you get flamed loving freak

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I come when I have gay sex actually

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Poppers posted:

lol

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

there's dhalgren or through the valley of the nest of spiders if you want faggy scifi

decades ago i was obsessed with this MOO (MUD, object oriented) that was being run by some grad students at some PNW school that was based on Dahlgren and i loved it and learned to program better making poo poo for that world, but i didn't actually read the book until i transfered out of computing science and into an arts degree program

it was confusing and horny and now i own two copies of the book :shrug:

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

this manifesto kinda owns lkol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Due to the difficulty the class had with the recently assigned philosophical treatise on libertine excess and the frisson and joie de vivre contained in the act of urination, I feel it to be in everyones best interests if we read something a little more remedial this month. So buckle up your learning helmets and chart a short bus course for fun, because this October well be learning about a trans icon you should already know, in his own words, with We Both Laughed in Pleasure: The Selected Diaries of Lou Sullivan, 1961-1991.

A true human being original, Lou Sullivan basically invented the concept of being gay and transsexual at the same time, which begs the question: did he go too far? Not far enough! Lou would most certainly say, as he is best known for his activism and organizing to publish the FTM Newsletter, one of the first widely known and shared sources of information on transmasculinity in America. His lifes work is celebrated among scholars of trans identity, gay liberation, and the AIDS epidemic, and while his story is far from simple, at least some the emotions you might feel reading his diaries, such as happy, sad, and angry, can easily be identified by anyone with a kindergarten equivalent education.

This book was published in 2019 by Nightboat Books and can also be found through your local library. I do have to wonder if there have been any faggots who have hosted easily clickable hyperlink versions of this anywhere perhaps however? Anyone? Bueller?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
looks gay op

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

You saw the mans rear end on the cover and got immediately horny

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Hello other faggots. Can anyone tell me how to pronounce David Wojnarowicz.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

VOY-na-ROH-vitch

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

also lol nightboat books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL60NUGrOFw

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Good pick. Library Genesis has this book. going to buy it though, loving it already

quote:

Theres a new performer out called Tiny Tim. Id heard quite a few things about him: guy with real long hair, real femmy. But I watched him on TV tonite with Johnney I think hes beautiful. Hes tall and very thin. His face is sunken in, thick dark eyebrows sparkling eyes, wide mouth lots of teeth. Black hair that curls down his back, it looks dirty and scraggly. He sings in a very high pitched voice holds up and moves his long thin hands and bony fingers for expression. Sometimes he plays the ukulele.

All day thought of Tiny Tim I began to think I loved him or something. He was practically the talk of the school I only talked to one kid who liked him. For the most, everyone found him revolting turned my stomach put on. I stuck up for him. His picture was in Mondays newspaper but the garbage man took it. So now Im trying to get hold of one of those papers! I couldnt stop thinking about him Richard. I wish I had that picture of him.
What a loving freak.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Every book Ive picked has been good actually. Lou Sullivan is ftw though

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Poppers posted:

Due to the difficulty the class had with the recently assigned philosophical treatise on libertine excess and the frisson and joie de vivre contained in the act of urination, I feel it to be in everyones best interests if we read something a little more remedial this month. So buckle up your learning helmets and chart a short bus course for fun, because this October well be learning about a trans icon you should already know, in his own words, with We Both Laughed in Pleasure: The Selected Diaries of Lou Sullivan, 1961-1991.

A true human being original, Lou Sullivan basically invented the concept of being gay and transsexual at the same time, which begs the question: did he go too far? Not far enough! Lou would most certainly say, as he is best known for his activism and organizing to publish the FTM Newsletter, one of the first widely known and shared sources of information on transmasculinity in America. His lifes work is celebrated among scholars of trans identity, gay liberation, and the AIDS epidemic, and while his story is far from simple, at least some the emotions you might feel reading his diaries, such as happy, sad, and angry, can easily be identified by anyone with a kindergarten equivalent education.

This book was published in 2019 by Nightboat Books and can also be found through your local library. I do have to wonder if there have been any faggots who have hosted easily clickable hyperlink versions of this anywhere perhaps however? Anyone? Bueller?

i'm going to try and read this one poppers, i genuinely have a hard time reading queer lit sometimes because-- i don't even know really? lots of stupid emotional reasons it's dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Stupid language and ideas invented by queers: incels, the red pill, special snowflakes, teabagging, fedoras, the idea of being straight, etc.