Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Bugle Call: The Sound of Dreams

And that's a wrap on the first instalment of the Bugle Call! Next up: The Two Grand Towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Time for more
28TH CENTURY SUPERFAN

Geez, you've gotta cool it with the robo racism there, Ji-Eum

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
Getting spoiled here, Lavender Jack and TESB both draw action so well. And right when Gamer Wally is about to cum.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Spirit Circle

They were a nice enough band of rogues, I'd say. A shame

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I always like how Mizukami shows the passage of time in his work. A lot of his books include children outgrowing their parents and leaving for unseen, unknown adventures. His characters don't stop existing when they leave the page; there's a sense they're out there, somewhere, living lives we'll never know. Maybe we'll see them again if fate smiles, but more likely not.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Squidster posted:

I always like how Mizukami shows the passage of time in his work. A lot of his books include children outgrowing their parents and leaving for unseen, unknown adventures. His characters don't stop existing when they leave the page; there's a sense they're out there, somewhere, living lives we'll never know. Maybe we'll see them again if fate smiles, but more likely not.

Yeah, he’s definitely a fan of writing stories that span large amounts of time and the premise of Spirit Circle really lets him flex that muscle the most

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
drat I wish we weren't lightly caught up on white tiger and black tiger

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

big mean giraffe posted:

drat I wish we weren't lightly caught up on white tiger and black tiger

Me too, my friend, me too. You might attempt to ease the pain of withdrawal by reading some of the author's other works like Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan, but frankly, they're not as funny. More cute cat antics oriented.

https://mangadex.org/title/5b2c7a03-ca53-43f0-abc8-031c0c136ae6/wonder-cat-kyuu-chan

Slimy Hog posted:

Thanks for posting all the things you've been posting (and translating)! I love them all

Glad you're enjoying comics, but I'm not the translator of any of these things. Perhaps you're thinking of Giant Ethicist, the White Hand, the hand that gives us Q-Rais to eat?

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Saw this, thought of you weirdos.

Post more Tommy Siegel.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 17: Dazed and Confused

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 14: Of Party Conventions

Hirai speaks truth to power. Let's see if he survives it!

Volume 2 book-ending supplement:

Be a tengu.

Actually, now that we've reached the end of volume 2, what are people's thoughts on Japan Tengu Party Illustrated? We're halfway through, should I continue? It doesn't seem to be provoking much interest.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

There are a couple things that date this CYELATM update. See if you can catch them!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Emzedoh posted:

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 14: Of Party Conventions

Hirai speaks truth to power. Let's see if he survives it!

Volume 2 book-ending supplement:

Be a tengu.

Actually, now that we've reached the end of volume 2, what are people's thoughts on Japan Tengu Party Illustrated? We're halfway through, should I continue? It doesn't seem to be provoking much interest.

I like Japan Tengu Party. It's fun that they're supernatural beings who have left aside or lost their way being human and are sort of birds, and then they also act flighty and quarrelsome like birds. Master hiding in a cello case because of uncle's gaze for a long time was a hilarious gimmick and Mister Z being somehow huge and strong but also weirdly being able to just lose his head and having to talk through the girl is fittingly bizarre and contradictory.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Emzedoh posted:

Glad you're enjoying comics, but I'm not the translator of any of these things. Perhaps you're thinking of Giant Ethicist, the White Hand, the hand that gives us Q-Rais to eat?

I definitely was, but thanks to EVERYONE who posts comics.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's the same as thanks to NO-ONE who posts comics

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Sasuke's wife is great and their relationship is really sweet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MokBa posted:

There are a couple things that date this CYELATM update. See if you can catch them!

You can catch loaches in the ocean now? :monocle:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

I'm reading it and I'm interested to see where it goes. I just find it hard going because the art is so dense and dark that I struggle to parse it sometimes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Timmy fell down the well again and Julian just writes in to Kitty Korner when Ollie tries to tell them about it, smh

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol i can't believe Spacetrawler finally explained what Draak-Sim Rotations means

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I've been quietly enjoying Japan tengu party; it has a really unique artstyle that draws me in even if it isn't always the clearest.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Blind Alley

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TEN
EARTH
SHATTERING
BLOWS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's the stuff, there's never been a story that wasn't improved by having a giant ancient skeleton show up in it. I also posit that any existing story without them would also be improved by adding one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the stuff, there's never been a story that wasn't improved by having a giant ancient skeleton show up in it. I also posit that any existing story without them would also be improved by adding one.

Yeah, it owns

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

STRANGE TALES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO

PAINTED SKIN

It's the most famous story from LiaoZhai! Painted Skin has several tv/movie adaptations and is considered a standout of the stories, because it depicts the true horror of ancient Chinese society: MISOGYNY (new adaptations have way less of that). In my view this is a more horror but less nuanced version of the Legend of the White Snake Green Snake/White Snake is my otp

Moral: Do your due diligence when you meet a hot person in the street before letting them into your home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-DDXnl2jDM

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

What about a really cool person

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Last time, on Vigils for Friends:

Today: Things fall apart

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hope someone posts a Rush comic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol
lmao

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

Hope someone posts a Rush comic

in the process of digging that up, I stumbled onto this, which is completely eldritch and worth investigating if you wonder about the weird poo poo people were reading for webcomics twenty years ago

hexwren has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Oct 1, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

hexwren posted:

in the process of digging that up, I stumbled onto this, which is completely eldritch and worth investigating if you wonder about the weird poo poo people were reading for webcomics twenty years ago

hogan's great, the crossover archive doesn't have any of the truly obscure old webcomics unfortunately but he kept up as best he could

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

mycatscrimes posted:

Sasuke's wife is great and their relationship is really sweet.

In like 100 chapters, we'll get the story of how they met! It's real sweet, they're a sweet couple.

Rexxed posted:

I like Japan Tengu Party. It's fun that they're supernatural beings who have left aside or lost their way being human and are sort of birds, and then they also act flighty and quarrelsome like birds. Master hiding in a cello case because of uncle's gaze for a long time was a hilarious gimmick and Mister Z being somehow huge and strong but also weirdly being able to just lose his head and having to talk through the girl is fittingly bizarre and contradictory.

It was hilarious, but it also gave him some sinister vibes in my opinion. Orders emerging from the closed box, big sealed evil energy.

Calexio posted:

I'm reading it and I'm interested to see where it goes. I just find it hard going because the art is so dense and dark that I struggle to parse it sometimes.

Vagabong posted:

I've been quietly enjoying Japan tengu party; it has a really unique artstyle that draws me in even if it isn't always the clearest.

The art style basically grabbed me from the first page and it's a big part of why I'm posting it here. It can get a little difficult to parse, though. Hopefully it'll be a bit more legible once we scene change out of this night time typhoon situation.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

STRANGE TALES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO

PAINTED SKIN

It's the most famous story from LiaoZhai! Painted Skin has several tv/movie adaptations and is considered a standout of the stories, because it depicts the true horror of ancient Chinese society: MISOGYNY (new adaptations have way less of that). In my view this is a more horror but less nuanced version of the Legend of the White Snake Green Snake/White Snake is my otp

Moral: Do your due diligence when you meet a hot person in the street before letting them into your home!

Can't help but wonder what the Daoist is planning to do with the hot lady skin...

Anyway, about here is when I'd post more comics except I've kind of run out. Maybe that's for the best? It's not so much effort to post now that I know how to use Imgur batch linking and Irfanview's batch renaming, but three series at once might be taking the piss a little bit. Just got mission-crept into it somehow.

You know what though, I think I'll post another thing anyway. Not dumping the full archive, just this one boulet that's been sitting in my bookmarks for months:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

hexwren posted:

You’re doing gods work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/laifa_l/status/1707862913078149247

https://twitter.com/beetlemoses/status/1707135600065712160

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1691907138170622027

https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1688208329246482433

https://twitter.com/HellOnEarthIII/status/1701426158988898503

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.