Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

She didn't work Grand Slam. But the person that beat her worked a random-rear end mixed tag against some jobbers for some reason!

Her last match was in front of...

Yeah, 2,600 people. And it was on Rampage, so. Probably significantly less by that point.

I'd be shocked if she wanted to work Grand Slam and Tony pushed the match to the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I'd be shocked if she wanted to work Grand Slam and Tony pushed the match to the next week.

Okay.

I'm not sure what that means or what Grand Slam has to do with anything, but. Okay.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It is still and will be increasingly funny/depressing how one of the main reasons I should be happy to see XY person in WWE is... that they get paid. Woooo, gotta watch Blood in the Sand PPV, my favourite sports entertainer might be able to afford a new car off of it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

stab posted:

People don't actually think Jade is getting the NXT treatment do they?

She signed a main roster deal, not a dev deal

And not a low end main roster deal either, S.O.M level

I could definitely see them putting her on NXT briefly, especially if the program is one with Becky. Because that would likely mean she still works Raw anyway.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grendels Dad posted:

It is still and will be increasingly funny/depressing how one of the main reasons I should be happy to see XY person in WWE is... that they get paid. Woooo, gotta watch Blood in the Sand PPV, my favourite sports entertainer might be able to afford a new car off of it!

Especially as, in this particular case, the person has straight up gone on record as saying that they don't even need the money, because they're already well off to begin with

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Especially as, in this particular case, the person has straight up gone on record as saying that they don't even need the money, because they're already well off to begin with

Correct

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Not only did they talk about Jade Cargill on SD, they called her Jade Cargill

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happy for Jade

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think at least with how visible WWE is, on ESPN and the like, it could afford a lot of other opportunities for Jade.

Like maybe starring in a Marvel movie or whatever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Grendels Dad posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I personally hate when the performers I watch get paid more for the work they do

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 30, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

yup

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Go get that money Nakamura! I cheer your pension plan as I get to listen to increasingly worse versions of your entrance theme!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Intruder posted:

I personally hate when the performers I watch get paid more for the work they do

These hypocrites would rather see their favorite wrestlers destitute and living on the streets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Always love the argument that someone should stay with my preferred team/company for less money because dang it they have enough money already

As a baseball fan I see it constantly

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Almost as if people with a lot of money got there because they wanted to have a lot of money so they do things to get a lot of money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As a baseball fan, death to the cheating Astros

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

As a baseball fan, death to the cheating Astros

Are you referring to the reigning World Series champions?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

idk i think the posters point was more, it is weird to be 'happy for' a person because they're making more money in The Fed; a critique of the parasocial tendency of the wrestle-minded. Like a wrestler, hate a wrestler, either way you're a loving scumbag in my book.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm just saying that when someone gets a big money contract and they themselves go "I don't need the money anyways, I'm already independently wealthy", I'm not gonna go "wooo get that bag" like I would for an indie worker for whom actually getting a steady check is a life-changing thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That DICK! posted:

idk i think the posters point was more, it is weird to be 'happy for' a person because they're making more money in The Fed; a critique of the parasocial tendency of the wrestle-minded. Like a wrestler, hate a wrestler, either way you're a loving scumbag in my book.

I mean it's weird to be "happy for" anyone for making more money unless it's yourself. making GBS threads on Jade for taking more money is weird too though. It's her job. Even people who were willing to take less money like Danielson didn't go start wrestling in high school gyms again, he went to a company that could afford what he was worth even if it was less than what he would have gotten in WWE

Maybe it was crossed wires or something but it seems like some people want to condemn Jade for making more money at a company that even AEW only fans will largely admit books women better

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I took it more as a "It'd be nice if I could be happy to see a wrestler in WWE cause they can have great matches and programs with new characters, but since that probably won't happen I'll just be happy they're getting a paycheck."

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'd be happy if they gave me the money they're making

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Everyone should give me the money they're making IMO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

I mean it's weird to be "happy for" anyone for making more money unless it's yourself.

what the

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I'd be happy if WWE wasn't the number one force in Sports Entrainment

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Intruder posted:

Everyone should give neoaxd the money they're making IMO

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

neoaxd posted:

This but it's me instead

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

If you ain’t sharing, people ain’t caring

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I took it more as a "It'd be nice if I could be happy to see a wrestler in WWE cause they can have great matches and programs with new characters, but since that probably won't happen I'll just be happy they're getting a paycheck."

It's this, but scratch the bolded part.

To be clear, I have no investment in Jade in AEW or anywhere else. I am commenting on a weird and disturbing trend that has lead to one of the few laudable aspects of being employed by the WWE as being paid, as if it was my moral obligation as a fan to give a poo poo what a performer earns.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Don't see how it can be anything but this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think we should go back to arguing what numbers 2600 is bigger or smaller than, that was a productive side track.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

neoaxd posted:

yah same if you make more money i deserve some. Jade, KO, Sami, Aj im keeping invoices and you will be billed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you’re not gonna be smiling ear to ear for her when Jade represents the Red Brand at Survivor Series in Saudi Arabia competing for Bragging Rights, well then you’re a big rear end hater

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I think we should go back to arguing what numbers 2600 is bigger or smaller than, that was a productive side track.

Can I work out 4 days a week without working out back to back days?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought Jade’s brand was green

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

[red sox fan voice] I think cheating in baseball is cool.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh but when ric flair does it it's fine

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cheating in all sports is objectively the coolest thing you can do, because sports are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010