Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Cs2: my team is still trolling me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
i want my wargames back

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

CS2: 20 More Years of Russian A

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Love how they really went for the Overwatch 2 style sequel with this one
Where's team fortress 3

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Cs2: boofin smokes.

Idk where the ow2 equivalent is coming from. They're not putting guns behind a battle pass or a twenty five games played well. It does suck those game modes disappeared but it's still a great game at it's core which ow2 is not.

faantastic fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 30, 2023

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

faantastic posted:

Cs2: boofin smokes.

Idk where the ow2 equivalent is coming from. They're not putting guns behind a battle pass or a twenty five games played well. It does suck those game modes disappeared but it's still a great game at it's core which ow2 is not.

The comparison is that it's a sequel that's technically an update that changes the game title.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Peewi posted:

The comparison is that it's a sequel that's technically an update that changes the game title.

O yeah that too I guess . Thst does make some sense

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I suck but I’m having fun :)

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

de_Counter-Strike II

Everything about this feels so "right". Especially the shooting and general weapon handling. One of these days I'll be decent enough to dip my toes into Classic play.

I need to play with some goons at some point. I just joined the Discord.

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 30, 2023

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Cs2: valve ruined my knife :saddowns:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

UnknownMercenary posted:

on the same topic, valve made my $10 glock skin worth hundreds

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

call the thread "counter-strike 2"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
they called the fifth Counter-Strike Counter-Strike 2

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Counter-Strike 2: Electric Boogaloo.

It took 20+ years to be able to say that.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Counter 2 Strike 2 Furious

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

mcvey posted:

they called the fifth Counter-Strike Counter-Strike 2

Yeah well half the playerbase calls a lone flashbang a b rush so it makes sense

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

honestly im still surprised cs2 runs great on my 1070. was expecting to have to turn a bunch of settings down

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Counter Strike 2: The 3 Rs. Russians, Rushing and Racism.

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you want to buy a high end item now is probably the time since there is some panic selling of items going on.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Budzilla posted:

If you want to buy a high end item now is probably the time since there is some panic selling of items going on.

the cheapest knife is still way more than im willing to pay but there are a few pretty nice skins going for cheap

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

hbag posted:

the cheapest knife is still way more than im willing to pay but there are a few pretty nice skins going for cheap

You could try your luck at unboxing and get a knife that way.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i should go out and buy a lottery ticket while im at it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Budzilla posted:

Oh yeah definitely. I waited until final release to see how certain things changed or not before buying some stuff. It's only been a few days and the prices keep trending down, especially stuff that was being hoarded like fades and dopplers. It was inevitable when everybody's advice was "don't sell until CS2 releases."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i sold a couple of months ago while prices were high and got a new laptop. im moving onto forex trading now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

buy low, sell high!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

hbag posted:

i should go out and buy a lottery ticket while im at it

I have unboxed about 500 cases over the years. I do it for fun at the end of the week with a drop or if a friend donates me a case. I have unboxed 3 golds. 2 ok knives and a pair of amphibious MW gloves. So I am way ahead.

trying to jack off posted:

buy low, sell high!
Since CS2 can now support opening cases prices are probably going to go up again. The player base opens stuff faster than the in game drop system and the beta slowed this down temporarily.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Budzilla posted:

wait I'm out of the loop, why are prices falling?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

call the thread "counter-strike 2"

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
Counter-Strike 2.0: a sequel to 1.6 twenty years in the making

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Revitalized posted:

wait I'm out of the loop, why are prices falling?
People who hoarded skins before CS2's release now selling, some panic selling because CS2's release is a little underwhelming, colours of certain knives look kind of stuffed atm especially dopplers. I think the knives' colour look nicer in CS2. It is a temporary dip, if I was in the market to buy something expensive (I am not) I would buy it now or soon before Valve corrects things or the maket corrects itself.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I assumed 99.9% of the player base either played official ranked matchmaking or custom servers. I'm genuinely surprised how many people are complaining about "things missing"

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Budzilla posted:

People who hoarded skins before CS2's release now selling, some panic selling because CS2's release is a little underwhelming, colours of certain knives look kind of stuffed atm especially dopplers. I think the knives' colour look nicer in CS2. It is a temporary dip, if I was in the market to buy something expensive (I am not) I would buy it now or soon before Valve corrects things or the maket corrects itself.

Honestly all the new dopplers look better except sapphires, which I'm convinced are just bugged. Look at a phase 3 (timestamp 3m20s) versus a sapphire (time stamp 3m50s) in this video and tell me that's not just the same texture on both. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKBew3VxE6Q

The phase 3 in CSGO was a mix of green, blue and brown and you can still see it reflected in the CS2 version. Sapphires in CSGO were dark purple-ish blue but this is just the same green/blue/brown except it sells on 3rd party sites for as much as a car. Valve has made adjustments to skins with every patch this past week and I expect they aren't done.

Also wrt prices, I would expect a further dip around the Steam winter sale and especially if they release a new operation. I'm surprised we didn't get one with the CS2 release.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Valve has made adjustments to skins with every patch this past week and I expect they aren't done.
Yeah the move to CS2 still needs work. I don't really care much for dopplers since I don't own any but autotronic knives look kind of weird even though they have been adjusted. I have a rust coat Kara and before the full release it looked like the rust was polished rather than rust coating a polished surface. I do like the fact that skins from older collections don't look as scuffed (FAMAS Spitfire comes to mind) as they did in CSGO.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

found a cool looking skin that seems to consistently drop in price pretty often so i just put in a cheap buy order for it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
being able to troll refu in an entirely new engine... ah, i knew there was a reason to keep on living

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

UnknownMercenary posted:

if they release a new operation. I'm surprised we didn't get one with the CS2 release.

I'm surprised they didn't put out anything new for it. No new stickers, Cases, Operation, Maps, anything.

hello internet posted:

I assumed 99.9% of the player base either played official ranked matchmaking or custom servers. I'm genuinely surprised how many people are complaining about "things missing"

This has been baffling me all week as well. I think a lot of it is the server browser not working. I bet most of those people just want a retake or good DM to warmup on.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Unbound posted:

I'm surprised they didn't put out anything new for it. No new stickers, Cases, Operation, Maps, anything.

counter strike is an "esport" so i imagine the esports crowd wouldve gotten pissy if they changed the game too much in regards to maps and poo poo like that. people are already mad about having to re-learn lineups on italy iirc

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Do you mean Inferno? Because from what I've seen, people have been nerding out about learning new Inferno. Like Valve literally made more changes to smokes to counter some of the nerd poo poo people were pulling off in the beta.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Unbound posted:

I prefer Valve devoting their resources in the move to CS2 rather then divide its attention. There are still missing maps and game modes from CSGO and launching an operation when the game still has less content than its predecessor would be a bad look.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

UnknownMercenary posted:

Do you mean Inferno? Because from what I've seen, people have been nerding out about learning new Inferno. Like Valve literally made more changes to smokes to counter some of the nerd poo poo people were pulling off in the beta.

thats probably what im thinking of yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

this game is fun. but it reminds me of this game called valorant for some reason.