Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m happy everyone in WWE is getting a paycheck to wrestle there the same way that I’m happy that everyone on SA is getting a paycheck to post here

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m happy everyone in WWE is getting a paycheck to wrestle there the same way that I’m happy that everyone on SA is getting a paycheck to post here

I'm just happy to be here! :haw:

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Didn’t see a GDT for nxt no mercy but the intro on the pre show was themed on the video game which is neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4suO052_4

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tony offered to bump me up but he was just trying to sell me drugs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mons Hubris posted:

Why be happy for anyone for anything tbh

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im sorry but banging trashcans to cheat is the lamest way to do it and that the mlb is so inept they just let the astros walk into a world series while doing it is funny but also sad, and astros fans are sad little goblin people

[this post brought to you by the Honorable Braves Gang, a franchise that there is nothing wrong with]

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

One of the rising NXT stars just did the Overdrive on the preshow:laugh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

im sorry but banging trashcans to cheat is the lamest way to do it and that the mlb is so inept they just let the astros walk into a world series while doing it is funny but also sad, and astros fans are sad little goblin people

:agreed: completely

Power Windows posted:

One of the rising NXT stars just did the Overdrive on the preshow:laugh:

:rip: johnny

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

boxcarhobo posted:

[this post brought to you by the Honorable Braves Gang, a franchise that there is nothing wrong with]

im just saying as a reds fan that it’s bullshit that pete rose hasn’t being reinstated but the astros get to just skate

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Astros are scumbags and a complete disgrace to the sport and them and their fans being forever mad that everybody correctly hates them is funny. gently caress you.

'Cept Verlander, he's a perfect angel and has never done anything wrong in his life.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

im just saying as a reds fan that it’s bullshit that pete rose hasn’t being reinstated but the astros get to just skate

they should be stripped of all titles and sent back to triple A, its the only way Justice can be achieved

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MJeff posted:

The Astros are scumbags and a complete disgrace to the sport and them and their fans being forever mad that everybody correctly hates them is funny. gently caress you.

'Cept Verlander, he's a perfect angel and has never done anything wrong in his life.

Folks, where's the lie?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The ring will stand forever no matter how mad people get :getin:

Much like when tape reveals that Eddie hit the chair against the mat

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

0konner posted:

Didn’t see a GDT for nxt no mercy but the intro on the pre show was themed on the video game which is neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4suO052_4

that was cool but i was hoping for a remake of the no mercy intro video

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

there's a developmental ppv today i guess

I already got what I wanted from reading the results :rubby:

https://twitter.com/SKWrestling_/status/1708275653521379488

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

he looks like that leonard nimoy game fish

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

he looks like that leonard nimoy game fish

Baron Seaman

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

that's hosed up Ricochet

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Patriots and Astros and Benoits should lose all their titles if ncaa teams can get decades negated for taking a recruit to dinner.

No gods no masters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

weekly font posted:

Patriots and Astros and Benoits should lose all their titles if ncaa teams can get decades negated for taking a recruit to dinner.

No gods no masters

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

weekly font posted:

No gods no masters

You cheat in the NCAA because the rules are stupid as gently caress.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chris James 2 posted:

lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
Bring back "Red Lobster shift manager" Baron Corbin

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Bring back "Red Lobster shift manager" Baron Corbin

Bring back broke and miserable Baron Corbin, that was his best character.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Suplex Liberace posted:

that was cool but i was hoping for a remake of the no mercy intro video

Same

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/luigiwvideos2/status/1708309657876303944

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

boxcarhobo posted:

astros fans are sad little goblin people

PAC and Mei Suruga resent this sentiment, Astros fans dont deserve to be called goblins

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MJeff posted:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tiffany Stratton vs Becky Lynch was pretty good. Some people may like Ilja vs Carmelo 2 but something didnt click for me. maybe because Ilja was beating the poo poo out of Carmelo most the match so it felt pretty one side for a match they were selling as an epic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Tiffany Stratton vs Becky Lynch was pretty good. Some people may like Ilja vs Carmelo 2 but something didnt click for me. maybe because Ilja was beating the poo poo out of Carmelo most the match so it felt pretty one side for a match they were selling as an epic.

I liked them both.

Becky vs. Tiffany was better though, yeah.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dragunov is a really good wrestler

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Happy for Jade

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy for Ilja but not even 6 months seems pretty abrupt unless Carmelo's getting a call-up

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1708304222226096314

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The talk about money reminds me of everyone praising battle royales so that people would get a wrestlemania bonus. Just give them the money anyway please, so Zack Ryder can buy a green N64 and I also don’t have to have another hour of wrestlemania

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can you imagine Carmelo showing up on Smackdown next Friday and going face to face with The Tribal Chief

on a step stool

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ilja Dragunov is one of the highlights of the company right now. Dude wrestles like he's the bus from Speed. From what I understand Carmelo's push to the top was a slow burn so that does feel sudden, taking it off of him now. Looking forward to Ilja potentially putting on some barn burners though.

I wonder if, if they hadn't fired Ali, he was set to win the title from Dominik considering Trick Williams won, but at the same time I wonder if Trick only won because Carmelo lost. I don't feel like putting more thought into this than the company did but eh. Show seemed fun enough.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Mild Sauce Trick Williams?!?!?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Anyone time I see the name Trick Williams I think it's Treat Williams. Maybe Trick Williams should do a zombie cop gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Chris James 2 posted:

Happy for Ilja but not even 6 months seems pretty abrupt unless Carmelo's getting a call-up

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1708304222226096314

At the very end of the show, they cut from Becky celebrating to Carmelo in the back, talking to Williams. It did seem like he was leaving from their interaction.