Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Who's giving people jobs? This is useful information in this economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat posted:

Well, it finally happened. We reached peak wrestling twitter. Elon, shut it down, it's not getting any wilder or funnier than this.

The Young Bucks packing the trains full of our favorite WWE Superstars. :(

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yes. Tony Khan is just like Stalin and Hitler. 100%. You nailed it. You don't care about this too much at all.

Edit: oh he was actually talking about Matt Jackson.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Nick Jackson is history's greatest monster

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Say what you will about the Bucks, at least they made the church buses run on time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Telling Stalin to read it and mother effin' weep as the invasion starts

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Telling Stalin to read it and mother effin' weep as the invasion starts

challenging Hitler to a singles match, then having the entire Elite gang up on him backstage and beat the stuffing out of him

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1707774995890631133

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/MrEddieGillette/status/1707779173538766965

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I am entirely convinced that Jobber doesn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. It's not that he's saying things he knows to be untrue, it's that he's just saying any old poo poo for engagement.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

It doesn't count for alliterative points if you just redundantly repeat words.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lamuella posted:

I am entirely convinced that Jobber doesn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. It's not that he's saying things he knows to be untrue, it's that he's just saying any old poo poo for engagement.

Yeah that framing just feels like cheap engagement fishing, especially with the ending.
All the really bad engagement bait ends with "do you agree?" or "discuss" these days.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There are entire Facebook pages I'm served up that are exactly that, constantly posting hot takes with signed posts that exist to bait as many comments as possible.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There are entire Facebook pages I'm served up that are exactly that, constantly posting hot takes with signed posts that exist to bait as many comments as possible.

These are the same pages that say that The Miz, a 20 year veteran who struggles to run the ropes, is underrated and may even be the GOAT.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lamuella posted:

Wasn't there videos by him that felt sincere, but mentally unhinged? I might be confusing him to someone else.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah the most annoying part is those engagement bait FB pages almost all have multiple admins who post as the page not their main accounts, so you'll even see the page argue with itself in the comments or just back to back contradictory hot takes on your feed from the same page.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
One of the worst of Elon's many dumbass decisions was paying people to make the dumbest engagement-farming bad faith posts you've ever seen and then making the algorithm force them to the top of your feed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

This is exactly what he does

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

One of the best ways to get social media engagement is being wrong on purpose

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is he going to fight the unofficial NJPW guy?

bartok
May 10, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Alfred Konuwa was once sent a "dope rear end" charcuterie board (his words) by the WWE because they thought his articles for Forbes meant he was a distinguished writer or something.

It was the highest quality cured meats and cheeses from Kroger's Private Selections brand I'll have you know!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

a Cagematch review of the N-1 final posted:

It reminded me of a parody of the American classics for most of the match, which they are trying to sell to the audience, expecting a fierce slaughter from two of the most status wrestlers of the promotion, who went through hell to be in the finals. I say "parody" because it didn't catch at all and had no charm, they were still Japanese wrestlers who slowly moved towards each other, and didn't hide at all that this part doesn't matter at all, and when they need to advance to the finals, they will just leave it, pulling out their typical things starting to play already on them. I think I've explained enough why most of the match was a complete failure for me, and why I watched it without feeling anything. When they moved on to the big moves, I still didn't feel that this was the final of the tournament, the physical interactions were soft, the moves weren't serious with a minimum of impact, it was like I watched Ibushi and Naito's match at Wrestle Kingdom once again, but a less impressive version, at least because of the lack of charm. Less than three minutes later, they started making their finishers, returning to the "hard" strikes, when an attempt to finish the match ahead of time failed. Kenoh hits painfully, and Shiozaki, with the face of a man who doesn't know what he has forgotten here, endured, then losing his strength, then restoring them again, before winning in the most random and unimpressive way. Everything was bad here, starting from the acting of these two, ending with the script of this match as a whole, where it was clear that according to their plan, the audience was obliged to yell after each of their movements, but they were just bored, like me. This rating, of course, leads me into endless perplexity, although it makes me laugh to think that this rating is higher than any Muto's match since 2001, although if Muto had shown such a match, it would have been the lowest-rated big match in the new history of NOAH, but since Shiozaki and Kenoh are young, they are forgiven for everything, pretending that it's not all the consequences of either limitation or lack of imagination, but this is the plan, and the match is at least good, and not an empty and boring gum. Shiozaki, in my opinion, is in a really disgusting form, I have not liked any of his matches since his return, and instead of trying to use his other advantages, or reinventing them, he tries to follow the old scenario, looking absolutely unimpressive, and here it reached its peak. In fact, this is probably one of the worst matches I've seen. It's still not an Omega-Swann level disaster, but I feel about the same (-*).

mainly posting this because it is incredibly hard to read

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

All the really bad engagement bait ends with "do you agree?" or "discuss" these days.

"what say you?" Is the one that annoys me way more than it should. Just sounds so conceited, like they're some arbiter of discussion.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Semi-related but there's now like several accounts that reply to every single wrestling news tweet with a DUB OR L? poll and it's so obnoxious

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

These are the same pages that say that The Miz, a 20 year veteran who struggles to run the ropes, is underrated and may even be the GOAT.

A 20 year veteran with exactly zero matches I can remember or worth remembering. This doesn't matter to the idiots saying it though because the wrestling isn't important to being a wrestler and they'll umironically compare Miz to Hulk Hogan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bangbangchannel/status/1707961818034151535

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Owes loyalty."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Assemble_Show/status/1708209724984901961

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

w2c

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

eaverr

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

AGW

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly it looks like Kane with hair which is disturbing

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

congrats to Alex Hammerstone on his new contract and hair transplant

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

That just looks like Hangman to me

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

for eaverr

for eaverr

for eaverr

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Venomous posted:

mainly posting this because it is incredibly hard to read

this must be translated from German, right

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/390491682408540/posts/911509510306752/?comment_id=912605716863798

from The Old Place for a change just to remind that there are still people who use this to dispense their memorials

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/CricketSatire/status/1708141188543557646?t=URQYqy3fVY-a9NXs_zQghA&s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

this must be translated from German, right

if so, they should've just posted it in German lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

We can’t all be The Franchise.