Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

I want to keep believing that while just forcing a dps regardless of weakness will take the top tier guys, matching weakness will keep your old guys relevant. At least if it's balanced like Genshin. Sure Blade might not be able to force against a fire weak side, if he's against wind weak he'll be fine regardless of the shiny wind hunt that just got released. I hope. I am not as confident in this as I was when the game came out because it really does look like they are just going to make two new chars per patch forever at this pace. :ohdear:

Off element damage is usually like 20% damage resistance plus another 10% damage reduction for the enemy having toughness (and you never being able to break it). You're still encouraged to match elements unless you're mega invested in someone like Daniel Heng.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

10% damage reduction for the enemy having toughness (and you never being able to break it).
i assume they mean 'forcing a dps' (via silver wolf)

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

I want to keep believing that while just forcing a dps regardless of weakness will take the top tier guys, matching weakness will keep your old guys relevant. At least if it's balanced like Genshin. Sure Blade might not be able to force against a fire weak side, if he's against wind weak he'll be fine regardless of the shiny wind hunt that just got released. I hope. I am not as confident in this as I was when the game came out because it really does look like they are just going to make two new chars per patch forever at this pace. :ohdear:

This is also true for Honkai Impact for a good while at least. Herrscher Of Thunder released in August 2020, stayed meta a while before dipping out a bit and then until getting a weapon that single handledly put her back in the running for electric in general and on top for Psychic/Electric in June 2022, and is just now getting properly power crept in her niche next update. An update that also comes with a weapon that brings Herrscher Of Sentience (March 2021) back on top for physical DPS after already staying relevant as a top physical support until last update.

I certainly hope Star Rail characters who aren't named Jing Yuan will have that kind of staying power.

--edit: next update as in "a few weeks from now," not as in "the update after her new weapon dropped"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
And hell, Jing Yuan and Topaz should brutalize together.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As someone who only rolled supports outside of Kafka, the bar for clearing Moc 30/30 stars is extremely low with bad relics (my problem was more survival than damage with natasha requiring a 2nd sustain to lower my dps until Fu Xuan). So the game is very much "roll for whoever" like Genshin.

And unlike Genshin, Star Rail gives a hell lot more variety of gameplay to actually use your shiny toys outside of MoC like various Simulated Universe events or occasional weirdo ones like the Story Teller that doesn't require straight up DPS, sometimes it requires the "weaker" units that use more unique mechanics.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they can probably go pretty slowly with power creep if they want to add more bosses with >20% resists like cocolia and gepard have and a good mix of aoe vs single target encounters (though maybe they already made some of the non-standard banner dps characters way too good in both situations lol.) topaz having an SU specific passive as well gives them some more room to just add characters that do unique stuff in that mode to make them appealing vs just purely making MoC harder and harder.

all that being said though im expecting there to be a bit more power creep than genshin.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

So 7 paths in Swarm V done.
So am I suppose to just spam Propagation, use the cheat roll to teleport to the boss room in lv1 Swarm and pick my path answer, exit and repeat like 80 times?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

GateOfD posted:

So 7 paths in Swarm V done.
So am I suppose to just spam Propagation, use the cheat roll to teleport to the boss room in lv1 Swarm and pick my path answer, exit and repeat like 80 times?

in essence yes, rerolls can get it as well obviously. and you can keep going to get more possible answers, not sure if quitting is good or bad.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Oh good, Tingyun is back with Jingliu. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time compared to Jing Yuan

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I think I’ll need to raise the gambling machine before I can do propagation V, I’m having no luck.

Also how the hell do you keep Pela alive in hard content? She’s wearing hp/def stats, I bring her in with Gepard and Luocha, and she implodes at the first mean glance from a boss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

coolusername posted:

I think I’ll need to raise the gambling machine before I can do propagation V, I’m having no luck.

Also how the hell do you keep Pela alive in hard content? She’s wearing hp/def stats, I bring her in with Gepard and Luocha, and she implodes at the first mean glance from a boss.

Does she have over 3.5k HP?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
4.3k hp and 1.1k def, she gets wiped out so easily by enemy AOE. Once Gepard’s shield isn’t up she’s a goner in the first half of the fight in higher MoC.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

preservation and elation hidden trails done.

did I and II and somehow got first time award for that...guess i never done them?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

GateOfD posted:

preservation and elation hidden trails done.

did I and II and somehow got first time award for that...guess i never done them?

Yeah the tutorial makes you think it's I/II but it's not.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

after farming couple of ice relics for days, I have decided jing liu can live with quantum relics for now.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I have an absolutely killer Ice set all ready to go, and no hope of actually getting Jingliu cuz I blew my entire stash getting FX.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I've been farming fire/light relics to gear up my Super Dan and Yukong and start getting the gear for Topaz, and I've gotten 3 absolutely godly light relics with double crit stats plus another offensive stat and every one of them has rolled purely hp or def upgrades up to +15.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

coolusername posted:

4.3k hp and 1.1k def, she gets wiped out so easily by enemy AOE. Once Gepard’s shield isn’t up she’s a goner in the first half of the fight in higher MoC.

You might need a tank with more speed & uptime.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Also give gepard e-rope

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Yeah none of my tanks have speed or e-rope stats really, I’ll work on that and Fu’s traces so I can use her properly! Thanks :toot: I want to be able to remembrance swarm v without losing her real quick.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

For the life of me I can't get past the 2nd boss in Remembrance V. I feel like I need to build up more disassociation buffs but RNG has been unkind to me lately.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Trying to balance having enough atk on my tinygun, energy regen and speed and trying to squeeze in hp is tough.
3.3 hp and like 1.1k defense for a harmony with destruction aagro is annoying

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Moved my speed boots off Blade and my ER rope off Bronya onto Fu Xuan and… suddenly I comprehend :stare: watching her get knocked down to 60, full healing for 7k, getting knocked down and then full healing AGAIN awoke something in me

She’s not even fully traced and she has a 4 star un-superimposed LC and unoptimised gear and she still face tanked a swarm onslaught

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao, I finally got my Fu leveled up and near max relics and while her trace levels is a bit lacking, I finally tried her out in Swarm.

Completely made it a total cake walk.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

They make money by selling people new characters. I hope this helps.

It's easier to forget now, but Back In The Day nearly all gacha games had almost no plot to speak of and were just some rudimentary gameplay attached to JPEGs. The DBZ gacha is a good example.

(Those games still exist, but just don't seem quite as prominent now compared with stuff like Genshin Impact)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the dbz dokkan game made the second most amount of money last month among asian gacha games tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats because its dbz tho

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

the dbz dokkan game made the second most amount of money last month among asian gacha games tbh

Yeah, they still make a ton of money, but they don't seem to be as prominent in the "fandom."

The DBZ one is a bit baffling to me, though. I get that it's a popular franchise, but there are other games that have so much more meaningful content. I imagine in many cases it's just years of sunk cost + FOMO (which basically applies to all these games, but builds up over time in the older ones).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the people love goku

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Team Welt is cracked. 60k plus on his skill, and I've hit over 100k on his ult without a trotter being killed. Yukong and Bronya and their lcs make him work. When everything lines up, he has 90% crit and almost 200% damage.

I'm still trying to optimize Team Quinque. With Pela and SW, she's only putting out about half the numbers as Welt. Broken Keel sets for those 2 would help, but I still need another 15 points of crit to activate her Rutilant set. Also, I don't think SW or Pela have effect res in their traces? I have to check.

Edit: They don't. I'm thinking Solsatto might be better for Quinque? It doesn't activate often, but I'm already over 50% crit.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 3, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

All those charts you see rarely count PC, China android market or even skip China altogether so they're kind of useless to anyone that knows better. Most people dont though. The only ones I even kind of take seriously are Sensor Towers monthly reports that are actually done by their staffers and maybe that one by the industry analyst guy in China that works in Netease financial dept and posts his estimates in BiliBili videos on the 11th of every month that try to break down all regions and platforms and uses AppAnnie, Sensor Tower, PSN, Bilibili subscribed user data in his calculations.

Charts that leave out entire regions and platforms in these discussions just seem kind of worthless IMO. That goes for Genshin Lab, the Reddit charts etc. Basically the gap between Hoyoverse and other gacha games is so much bigger than it appears to be which explains their higher than EA and Bethesda type profit margins in 2022 that would not be plausible if we're just looking at those red/green mobile sans China revenue estimate charts that are all the rage on reddit. All that person is doing anyway is copying Sensor Towers Public Side user revenue estimates which are auto generated as far as I can tell anyway, rounded off at the million mark and are likely off the mark by hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Frankly many people are unqualified to talk about this stuff and use faulty data sources. Hell I'm not even qualified to really talk about it like a data analyst at Sensor Tower or working in the industry like the BiliBili guy, but at least I recognize when I'm looking at incomplete data....

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 3, 2023

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Walla posted:

Team Welt is cracked. 60k plus on his skill, and I've hit over 100k on his ult without a trotter being killed. Yukong and Bronya and their lcs make him work. When everything lines up, he has 90% crit and almost 200% damage.

I'm still trying to optimize Team Quinque. With Pela and SW, she's only putting out about half the numbers as Welt. Broken Keel sets for those 2 would help, but I still need another 15 points of crit to activate her Rutilant set. Also, I don't think SW or Pela have effect res in their traces? I have to check.

Edit: They don't. I'm thinking Solsatto might be better for Quinque? It doesn't activate often, but I'm already over 50% crit.

Guessing the easy answer you don't want to hear is Fu Xuan bringing along 12% crit rate with her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I actually just pulled Fu Xuan because I'd rather her over Lynx. I just got her yesterday, so I still need to build her.

I'm wondering if it's worth bringing her and Lynx to MoC and just have 4 Quantum characters.

I'm also considering putting Fu in the Healer set because Quinque wants those skill points.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Walla posted:

I actually just pulled Fu Xuan because I'd rather her over Lynx. I just got her yesterday, so I still need to build her.

I'm wondering if it's worth bringing her and Lynx to MoC and just have 4 Quantum characters.

I'm also considering putting Fu in the Healer set because Quinque wants those skill points.

I wouldn't bring Lynx with Fu Xuan unless you are actually dying without her. I don't have her but I don't imagine that would be necessary in MoC. Just bring Pela, or some other support character that matches enemy weaknesses if you're worried about Silver Wolf weakness implants.

I don't think 1 SP for the entire battle is worth missing out on other bonuses. I'd probably do 2 Longevous Disciple for hp and 2 Guard of Wuthering Snow for damage reduction.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Genovera posted:

I don't think 1 SP for the entire battle is worth missing out on other bonuses. I'd probably do 2 Longevous Disciple for hp and 2 Guard of Wuthering Snow for damage reduction.

This is what I do and she's almost invincible, even with bad subs

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I decided I wanted Fu Xuan, figuring that DPS were a dime a dozen and she would immediately replace FMC for a clear upgrade rather than a situational one like another DPS, but ended up getting Himiko (after 80 rolls to add insult to injury). Now I am not sure if I want to spend the rest of my rolls (~70) trying to get her or just toss in the towel. I kind of wanted Topaz, but not sure if it is feasible to get both. I don't want it to be a Luocha situation where in hindsight a lot of people regretted not getting him.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Even if you missed Luocha, you're fine. Strong characters are good, but using what you get is entirely sufficient and Natasha + Lynx will get you to beating MoC. That said, Fu absolutely slaps and I'm glad I got her E1. She's also versatile and can slot into basically any team. And her animations are good even if I think her fashion aesthetic is mid. Pull for toys, not for tools imo

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 3, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

That's the actual plan. I just already have a good Healer set for Lynx, but I'm also only missing a HP chest piece for the Guard set for Fu.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm just using bronya over lynx with my seele party right now for moc.

Fu Xuan makes it viable to not take a healer there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I finished leveling Qingque and completed Swarm V Propagation, which was my last one. I probably could have managed with my existing units but it was fun to watch her crush it, and now I have a good quantum DPS built up. She still needs like 5% crit to activate Rutilant Arena, because substat rolls are being stubborn, but otherwise she's in about as good a shape as the rest of my units.