Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The clinic is someone sitting on a rock* or something.

*A clean rock or something in posh neighbourhoods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Even viewing Russia as not an enemy, but as another first-world country (...), I can't see how this whole thing will actually help Russia advance as a nation. Ideally what we all want is a world in peaceful accord, where Russia can advance as a society, free of bloodshed. But it sure seems like Putin has done nothing but set them back decades against the rest of the world. Being as unbiased as I possibly can, even if he holds this strip of land and crimea, 50 years from now it simply will not matter, and the country's history will forever be pock-marked by what will likely be a decade-long war.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1708464290015990075#m
The drone was heroically repelled by the aircraft plant.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pontificating rear end posted:

Even viewing Russia as not an enemy, but as another first-world country (...), I can't see how this whole thing will actually help Russia advance as a nation. Ideally what we all want is a world in peaceful accord, where Russia can advance as a society, free of bloodshed. But it sure seems like Putin has done nothing but set them back decades against the rest of the world. Being as unbiased as I possibly can, even if he holds this strip of land and crimea, 50 years from now it simply wont matter, and the country's history will forever be pock-marked by what will likely be a decade-long war.

Elvira Nabiullina basically said to Putin, when he launched his stupid war, that he had successfully managed to completely ruin them. A year and a half from now, her words are proving most prophetic.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Satan Overflow Error: Cannot contemplate.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

MUUUUUUH NOOOOOOOOOOKS :qqsay:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Russia will be another humanitarian crisis itself after the war is over whether they claim victory or not. There is no victory for them, at best they steal what they can and stave it off for a bit.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

zone posted:

Think of the children, that's why I propose annihilation of all life on Earth.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Sedgr posted:

Russia will be another humanitarian crisis itself after the war is over whether they claim victory or not. There is no victory for them, at best they steal what they can and stave it off for a bit.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

The nice thing about rural Russia is that they're always living in a substance state, by necessity.

Cities are going to be real problems though

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Even viewing Russia as not an enemy, but as another first-world country (...), I can't see how this whole thing will actually help Russia advance as a nation. Ideally what we all want is a world in peaceful accord, where Russia can advance as a society, free of bloodshed. But it sure seems like Putin has done nothing but set them back decades against the rest of the world. Being as unbiased as I possibly can, even if he holds this strip of land and crimea, 50 years from now it simply will not matter, and the country's history will forever be pock-marked by what will likely be a decade-long war.

You can't have your nation be pock-marked by this war if you just pay your government writers to rewrite history enough to make it that this war never lost/happened in the first place

tappingheadguymeme.png

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023

zone posted:

"Wow this medicine tastes bitter!!!"

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

zone posted:

Hmmmm if only there was a solution for all that to stop

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russian propagandists want to dial the clock back 800 years to the "peak" of the Russian empire.

Uh

Have any of these guys looked at a map

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Can someone explain wtf is a clinic in the context of Russia.
Is it an institution most citizens will engage with to get guidance and treatment on common health issues ?
Or do they get the most urgent stuff done by the local veterinarian in exchange for toilet money, and ignore the complicated issues that take expensive western machines to get a diagnosis ?

I cant wrap my head around the 1 in 2 clinics don't have water factoid.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jet Jaguar posted:

MRE chat makes me think of Tasting History with Max Miller, where he makes hellfire stew out of hardtack. That had from when he made some the previous year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVPV-15GL0

*CLACK CLACK*

I love his channel.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Russian propagandists want to dial the clock back 800 years to the "peak" of the Russian empire.

Uh

MONGOLS

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Do you prefer the term "The Golden Horde"?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

zone posted:

I'm begging people to please stop giving these fuckers attention, even if we all know they're spouting horeshit. This is exactly what they want

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Uh

Let's make it happen! :nsa:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

China is starting the process by correcting naming errors in eastern russia, lol.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Uh

IDK, I need to know more about the Sultanate of Rum and if I'm allowed to partake of all the rum.

Yeah, that map is so very wrong in many ways, I love it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

zone posted:

Nuclear ultimatum? Tosh.

The only ICBM anyone needs to worry about is Putin's very own Increasingly Clumpy Bowel Movement.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Just in time for Fall- Plaidomir Putin! (sorry, I was inspired. I should go...)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The brown will help hide the poop stains at least. The smell, on the other hand...

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Willo567 posted:

I'm begging people to please stop giving these fuckers attention, even if we all know they're spouting horeshit. This is exactly what they want

nah, this thread is free to do as it pleases and is never ever going anywhere. keep posting these freaks, will be great when the hague goes after them.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's not a pumpkin pie.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

IDK, I need to know more about the Sultanate of Rum and if I'm allowed to partake of all the rum.

Buddy,

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

zone posted:

Is the Russian word for margarita the same or nearly the same as the English word for the drink? I kinda hope it is and I kinda hope Margarita is the butt of endless tiresome jokes when her and her friends go out drinking.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:negative:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

zone posted:

It's pretty much just a catchphrase by now.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah for the record the PUCCIA poo poo is pretty unfunny and like the lowest hanging fruit of all time so I'm gonna sixer people who do that from now on. I didn't really care before because it's harmless/pointless but as soon as people start PMing me about it and I actually have to do work on an internet forum and do office politics/forum war freak poo poo then if you inconvenience me when I'm not in a Chad Gray mood, I will murder you

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

What? Yes. That's what I was saying. I was making fun of the concept of denazification and I had a throw away line mentioning that sure, there's gonna be chickens coming home to roost after the war, but that it morally behooves us to provide help to Ukraine. Someone asked me what chickens would be roosting and I explained, while coaching it in language that makes it clear it's going to happen either way so again, providing help is good.

The only reason I explained is because someone asked me to further explain about one single line from a post about how it's Nazis all the way down so lol at the apparent moral high ground of denazificiation claimed by the left. Which in retrospect feels like they baited me into this exchange in order to lead to this exact outcome where my original point has been obscured and eschewed.

Deep breaths. You're tilting at tankie windmills.

My problem is literally with your stupid "Yeah those NATO weapons are gonna go to Ukrainian Nazis, who will have to be fought later" line. That's why I asked for your clarification, because that's the dumb poo poo it sounded like. It's not going to 'happen either way', there's not going to be some big battle with Ukrainian Nazis in the future.

And my point, that you missed while rushing to condescend as hard as you possibly could, is that they already have weapons. They don't need NATO rifles if they wanted to start poo poo. Ukraine is absolutely filled with guns, and was before the war even began. Gnoman even pointed out that Ukraine has so many guns that a movie filming in Ukraine found it cheaper to just buy them from the local arms dealer than to make prop guns from scratch. So if they wanted to do some 'domestic terrorism', they could just go to the local gun seller. NATO weapons aren't a factor that matters, which is why I was so annoyed at you trying to spread that nonsense that the world is arming Nazis in Ukraine.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah for the record the PUCCIA poo poo is pretty unfunny and like the lowest hanging fruit of all time so I'm gonna sixer people who do that from now on. I didn't really care before because it's harmless/pointless but as soon as people start PMing me about it and I actually have to do work on an internet forum and do office politics/forum war freak poo poo then if you inconvenience me when I'm not in a Chad Gray mood, I will murder you

Post the PM's so I can laugh at fragile people

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Lmao someone called the forum cops?
Post the messages.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
If you check zone's latest probe you'll understand why.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Toxic Mental posted:

your mistake was admitting that you got PMs for this, because now you've turned it into yet another us vs them war. In the future just say that a thing is not allowed.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

HKR posted:

your mistake was admitting that you got PMs for this, because now you've turned it into yet another us vs them war. In the future just say that a thing is not allowed.

I get PMs from everyone about every loving thing little dude. Including a lot of stuff that's not even in this thread. Most of the PMs come from people who don't post in this thread or even GBS at all

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

HKR posted:

It was me. I broke it. It was really lame so I I PM'd Toxic (and told him it was a boring-rear end gimmick). I predict that ten minutes from now, the thread will be at each other throats with war-paint on their faces and a pig head on a stick.

Good. It was getting a lil chummy 'round here.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 1, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

like look at this poo poo lol

and that's after i gave up and stopped deleting them to keep the inbox cleaned up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Puccia was annoying, especially if you can read cyrillic (it makes no sense), but were some people offended?