Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oldpainless posted:

I’m not. My life is pretty great. Nothing much to be sad about

More like oldpainless

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^
:argh:

oldpainless posted:

I’m not. My life is pretty great. Nothing much to be sad about

More like oldpainless.

And the first one of these to really solidly hit for me:

Oof ouch right in the feels :(

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
"nothing much to be sad about" is precisely WHY many people need antidepressants. It's not to make actual sad things go away. Jesus

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m “recovered” and haven’t needed any in about a decade now. Gotta stay aware of your mental state and so on and so forth to keep on top of things, but that’s not a one size fits all sort of deal.

Takes No Damage posted:

And the first one of these to really solidly hit for me:

Oof ouch right in the feels :(

That’s just being a parent my dude

Warbird has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Oct 1, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Warbird posted:

That’s just being a parent my dude

Well then someone must have stolen my sperm and made a kid I don't know about.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lobok posted:

Occurred to me the other day that someone just up and decided to combine "electro" and "execute" to make a specific word for killing somebody with electricity and how we don't have to stop there.

You could drown someone and call it an aquacution. Brain them with a 2x4? Lumbercution!
I believe it was Edison, in his attempt to smear AC power.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

:same:

Zereth posted:

I believe it was Edison, in his attempt to smear AC power.

Old timey inventors were real salty bitches. See also: Bell patenting the telephone.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

I'm pretty sure this is a real photo, but for some reason it's hitting the uncanny valley really hard for me.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Probably the way oversaturated colours

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lobok posted:

Sorry, I thought it would be funny but I didn't think about how annoying kids are. Do you want this kid? I'm donating them to Goodwill if you don't want them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

praxis

also praxis

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Animes. Lots and lots of anime.

For his son.

Allegedly.

That clip of Tony soprano sighing at AJ but it's osama bin laden.

Freemason Rush Week posted:

He bled like a stuck pig!

What's this ref?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:haw:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:spooky: SPOOPY TIME BOTCHES! :witch:

https://i.imgur.com/QmAuEQ4.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/iNgwI8J.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ePPr1G4.mp4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's the breast idea I've heard all day.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

freeedr posted:

Is everyone here except me on antidepressants
Have you tried playing Pathologic 2 yet?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJROKaZJgbI

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

CopperHound posted:

Have you tried playing Pathologic 2 yet?

Lol

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol his peen

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Where did you find a picture of my spouse?

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's this ref?

It's a non sequitur Gwar lyric, just like the post I quoted

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Lobok posted:

Occurred to me the other day that someone just up and decided to combine "electro" and "execute" to make a specific word for killing somebody with electricity and how we don't have to stop there.

You could drown someone and call it an aquacution. Brain them with a 2x4? Lumbercution!

You're thinking of that group that did the Barbie Girl song; the word you were looking for is "noyade".

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS00xWnqwvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUmiB30Q8A

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lol so random

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I love memes XD

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLgXJ_zXcrQ

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

lmbo

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I simply didn’t eat lunch at school through the fifth grade. Literally even when we were super poor. I was like “I’ll eat three plain saltine crackers when I get home” and I would do it and save the rest of the sleeve to last throughout the week rather than eat even a bite of our school food.

The local news did an exposé on our local district’s food and how it was often spoiled and much worse than what they had at the area jails, etc

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
My school food was uninspired but fine

Elementary school rectangle pizza was great

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

maybealabia posted:

My school had these with unlimited pickled jalapeños and you bet I built a tower

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

maybealabia posted:

This is my clearest and fondest memory of elementary school

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

maybealabia posted:

My school food was uninspired but fine

Same. Thought other kids would get really excited about King Chicken day which was confusing to me because the King Chicken literally looked like hot vomit.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

1stGear posted:

Same. Thought other kids would get really excited about King Chicken day which was confusing to me because the King Chicken literally looked like hot vomit.

I don't know what King Chicken is but I brought my own lunch when the published menu said "American Chop Suey"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I always just got a plate of fries. Surprisingly they actually deep fried them, as you would expect a no-effort school cafeteria to just bake em.

In junior high here there was a weird period where everyone was going insane for caesar salad. Like, every kid in the school wanted it for lunch. There were fights when the cafeteria would run out of caesar salad. At one point the principal had mentioned that local suppliers didn't have enough lettuce for the crazy demands the school had on it. Never quite got that one. Teens as a group get hooked on a type of music, or a certain style of clothes, but... caesar salad?