Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Samovar posted:

...idgi.

He's old and his body breaks at the first excuse, while the young and spry can shrug off anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Spirit Circle

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

The Bugle Call: The Sound of Dreams

The Bugle Call: The Two Grand Towers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The bugle adventure seems like its going to be a really long rear end series. How far does it go?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Squidster posted:

The Bugle Call: The Two Grand Towers.

I'm guessing there's a phrase meaning both common sense and common knowledge that didn't survive translation.
Panel 4 there is neat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Pope Dimmadome

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

No post yesterday because I was at MICE (micexpo.org) but:

School of World

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

I'm going to be honest, I've fallen off of school of world. After a while seeing it pop up my heart would sink at the thought of having to read it. The premise ran thin a long time ago.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:bahgawd: You lesbians think you're better than me?! well you are, but you still love titties! YOU LOVE TITTIES!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Samovar posted:

...idgi.

You will in about 10-20 years

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

:bahgawd: You lesbians think you're better than me?! well you are, but you still love titties! YOU LOVE TITTIES!

The author appears to be a very outspoken lesbian talking about her own preferences.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That was my attempt at a "joke", I don't in fact hold that all lesbians share the same tastes.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Synthbuttrange posted:

The bugle adventure seems like its going to be a really long rear end series. How far does it go?
There's twelve installments so far, and they're all pretty beefy! So far it really is tracking the entire war between the two dominant towersover several years.

Edit: actually, I think the time frame is shorter. I will say that Ryuka does grow a lot as a character once he's surrounded by peers who aren't warcrimes hobbyists. The relationships between him and the other Rami are the emotional core to the series.

Squidster has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Oct 1, 2023

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 11-18, 1942)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Stretched on a rack with barely a scrap of cloth to cover him, by now I'm certain quite a lot of the readers were only into it for masturbation fuel.
which is fine, society was incredibly repressive.
also that was when gladiator/ whatever bare chested men films were getting big, no?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Bikini Bottom Horror

KennyMan666 posted:

Chapter 2, Vengeance and Blood

Chapter 3, A Turning Tide

Sandy lives! After being knocked uconscious [sic], Sandy awakens from a strange dream to find herself in a horrifying situation.

Patricks everywhere! Sandy reunites with an unlikely hero.

Squidward has survived and reveals a surprising weapon.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By popular demand posted:

Stretched on a rack with barely a scrap of cloth to cover him, by now I'm certain quite a lot of the readers were only into it for masturbation fuel.
which is fine, society was incredibly repressive.
also that was when gladiator/ whatever bare chested men films were getting big, no?

Next to last panel: “Put him on the rack, that I may tickle his armpits!” growled Horsa ominously

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: The signal for the chariot race will be the moonlight piercing the clouds! Wumuu explains a bit about the rules of the race, namely that for each lap, a single weapon will be placed on the pillar at the opposite end of the track! The first lap's weapon will be a two-handed warhammer! Jos3ph knows he's already at a disadvantage, and letting Wumuu get that hammer could be the end--on the other hand, if he grabs it, he could use it to conduct heroin and extend his reach!

Read right to left:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

KennyMan666 posted:

The Bikini Bottom Horror

This stuff is kind of wild.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

cant cook creole bream posted:

This stuff is kind of wild.

no, this is patrick

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

It's yucky and scares me :ohdear:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 18: Sympathy for the Heavens

The dominoes are all lined up, it's just about time to knock the first one over...

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated
Volume 3 covers, cast, contents:

Note that the list of names in the contents page is pointing at the title page for this chapter.

chapter 14: Of Returning Home

Sceptical.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Lord of the Rings

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

quote:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I see what you mean about Haraiso having a different flavor than Uramachi Sakaba. I appreciate that it seems to really get into the postapocalyptic setting more instead of using it as set dressing for a bar sitcom.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Just one page, because these are getting really wordy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lol "getting"

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TEN
EARTH
SHATTERING
BLOWS

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Last time, on Vigils for Friends:

Today: Death to all nerd- oh wait, he already is. Hmmm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/AsterShock/status/1705049658936983938

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

you can take paint95.exe out of my cold dead fingers

speaking of which

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#257: Maximum Clonage - Megarland

#258: Maximum Clonage - Sound Effect Overload

#259: Maximum Clonage - REVEEEENNNGGEEEE!!!!

I like that the evil clone is accidentally messing things up just by being too earnest

MS Paint Masterpieces
#260: Maximum Clonage - Call Waiting

#261: Maximum Clonage - Magnet Beam Sucker Punch

#262: Maximum Clonage - Big Guns Solve Everything

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

STRANGE TALES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO

THE TINY HUNTING DOG

Moral: Always research on your prospective pets' dietary needs before adopting them, regardless of how cute they are.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What is the onomatopoeia of the dog barking in Mandarin(? Sorry, I can't remember which language the comic is in, specifically)? I ask because I know in Japan the character sounds like 'Wan Wan'.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Between Aragon noticing an invisible Frodo, Pippin noticing an invisible Bilbo, and literally everyone noticing an invisible Smeagol, the most powerful magical item ever forged is coming across as pretty poo poo at actually doing the one thing it's renowned for doing

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bug-eating dog story reminds me of a similar thing in a manga I read ages ago: a village of hidden sorcerers protecting the world from an infinite swarm of magic bugs, some of them accomplish this by turning into dogs and eating them. With lots of mayonnaise.

I wonder if the idea is related? Source is Ran and the Grey World, by the way.

Unrelated comment: This is kind of a me problem, but I guess I was kind of hoping Bugle would be a little more grounded when I first read its blurb. I'm not going to stop following it for now, but I don't think it really matches what I remember it was pitched as. Like I said, an expectations problem. Gerhard getting his head knocked off for no good reason though, that's just mean and pointless. Not a fan of that bit.

Edit: Also I'm betting the Pope is wearing the whistle helmet because he's got the longest horns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whybird posted:

Between Aragon noticing an invisible Frodo, Pippin noticing an invisible Bilbo, and literally everyone noticing an invisible Smeagol, the most powerful magical item ever forged is coming across as pretty poo poo at actually doing the one thing it's renowned for doing

Frodo was no longer invisible when Aragorn noticed him, Pippin noticed Bilbo putting on the ring and turning invisible, and Smeagol's neighbors saw stuff floating down the street and somehow knew that Smeagol was the person with that power. How they figured that out is unexplained in the book as well.