Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I get where Soul-Glo is going, but (A) Some of Tannehill's bigger faults have been him looking cooked, maybe a fresher arm and fresher eyes would get a few more plays and build some chemistry with these guys, and (B) Let's be real, Willis and Levis are going to suck, so might as well prove that and move on instead of holding on to some fake hope.

Outcome's probably the same either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I get where Soul-Glo is going, but (A) Some of Tannehill's bigger faults have been him looking cooked, maybe a fresher arm and fresher eyes would get a few more plays and build some chemistry with these guys, and (B) Let's be real, Willis and Levis are going to suck, so might as well prove that and move on instead of holding on to some fake hope.

Outcome's probably the same either way.

i just want some entertainment. The team is going nowhere with tannehill and I'm tired of watching the same poo poo product. at least a new QB is interesting

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Billy jeans

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just heard a stat that last year Dennis Daley (9 starts, 15 games) gave up 12 sacks.

Through three games, Andre Dillard has given up 6.

I just. You signed this man to a three year contract? You drafted a qb in the second round?!

:supaburn:

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 26, 2023

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Soul Glo posted:

Just heard a stat that last year Dennis Daley (9 starts, 15 games) gave up 12 sacks.

Through three games, Andre Dillard has given up 6.

I just. You signed this man to a three year contract? You drafted a qb in the second round?!

:supaburn:

We drafted OLine first round, and he’s been out the last two games. In theory they addressed the line. Turns out they just adjusted the titanic seating chart.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dillard's contract is literally nothing lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

enigma105 posted:

We drafted OLine first round, and he’s been out the last two games. In theory they addressed the line. Turns out they just adjusted the titanic seating chart.

No yeah I know Skoronski’s appendix exploded but we had more immediate needs than a quarterback who is not going to play a snap this year is my point. Should have spent multiple picks on OL imo.

NPF going out for gambling also hurts even more now. Three more games before he’s back, would not surprise me if this team is 1-5 by then.

Metapod posted:

Dillard's contract is literally nothing lol

There’s a cap hit of 7.7m if they dump him after this season, and handed him 10m guaranteed. It’s not back breaking but it’s still throwing good money into the shitter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dillard was a decent gamble that didn't pan out, it sucks but not the end of the world if the team can adjust things.

Titans went like 2-5 the year they reached the AFCCG, not gonna yell it's a lost season yet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hello AFC South thread where the division is led by the Indianapolis Colts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

No yeah I know Skoronski’s appendix exploded but we had more immediate needs than a quarterback who is not going to play a snap this year is my point. Should have spent multiple picks on OL imo.

NPF going out for gambling also hurts even more now. Three more games before he’s back, would not surprise me if this team is 1-5 by then.

There’s a cap hit of 7.7m if they dump him after this season, and handed him 10m guaranteed. It’s not back breaking but it’s still throwing good money into the shitter.

Yeah those numbers aren't really anything anymore. Lines typically take some time to gel to start the season so hopefully things get better now that they aren't playing all pro pass rushers. Definitely need to prioritize finding a real Lewan replacement next offseason.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Codependent Poster posted:

Hello AFC South thread where the division is led by the Indianapolis Colts.

Have to give Steichen credit, I think he has that team playing a lot better than I expected.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

b0ng posted:

Have to give Steichen credit, I think he has that team playing a lot better than I expected.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We should take a deep breath after 3 weeks. We are in a soft rebuild we knew this coming into the season and we have the same record as the jags lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the houston texans will win the division, and super bowl

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

I’m actually pissed off because I was hoping he would be another Irsay turd.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

b0ng posted:

It's hilarious to see this team and then look at the Panthers and they have the same problems as the Colts did when Reich was the coach.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Yeah, I always thought Reich was a good coach who just had trouble getting a quality quarterback, even up to his firing in Indy, but honestly, considering how bad the Panthers are doing, I've come to the conclusion he's just very mediocre.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

I think we have a bunch of average guys now so they aren't going to stop a Mike Williams but aren't going to do some horrendous play. They'll do their assignment and allow the big 4 time to pressure which has been nice so far

This post aged badly. I’m legit out here hoping Fulton gets benched for Caleb Farley when he’s back from PUP list lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This post aged badly. I’m legit out here hoping Fulton gets benched for Caleb Farley when he’s back from PUP list lol

Is Caleb Farley even able to go right now

He was put on PUP because he was dealing with that explosion/his dad dying and it didn’t use up a roster spot like putting him on IR before the start of the season would have (apparently), and I would wager, the Titans couldn’t publicly get away with cutting him due to the tragedy.

I really doubt that dude plays another snap for the Titans.

Titans did add Justin Murray for the OL this week from the practice squad. Also signed Shi Smith to the practice squad.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He was on PUP before his dad got blown up at the megalomart.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Mason Kinsey and says Burks might’ve torn his MCL today

lol, lmao, lmbo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That sucks rear end

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Mason Kinsey and says Burks might’ve torn his MCL today

lol, lmao, lmbo

somehow the AJ Brown trade keeps looking worse by the day

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Burks did not practice today. Injury report should be out in a couple hours, hope the local rumor mill was just wrong!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

Burks did not practice today. Injury report should be out in a couple hours, hope the local rumor mill was just wrong!

But if it is true then I get to say,

I know a goon who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows Mason Kinsey and says Burks might’ve torn his MCL today.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The titans may have lost last week BUT deshaun Watson is injured and will not be playing this week as a result of an injury sustained during that game. So really I think that counts as a win. Titan Up

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Jags look to be getting right today.

E

Welp. Atlanta on the board now as I type that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The titans may have lost last week BUT deshaun Watson is injured and will not be playing this week as a result of an injury sustained during that game. So really I think that counts as a win. Titan Up

If DTR beasts out and ends Watson's career it'll be worth the L.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BiggerBoat posted:

Jags look to be getting right today.

E

Welp. Atlanta on the board now as I type that.

Well, that went well. Nice convincing win for Jax.

Defense has been better than I expected. Josh Allen with 6 sacks through 4 games in a contract year plus two picks. This o-line is still an issue though. Even though I liked the pass/run ratio playcalling this week, the blocking up front is a problem so getting Cam Robinson back next week vs Buffalo is nice and hopefully they can rearrange the front 5 to get some push up front and help with pass protection.

Trevor was efficient this week and didn't force things a lot. Good win, even if it was against a weak team with a lower tier QB.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Jaguars are gonna go exactly as far as their offensive line can take them this year. So far they've looked real bad both getting push in the run game and buying time for Trevor. There was one play today where Trevor had to bail to the right because LT Walker Little lost against a pass rusher, and the exact moment Trevor had to turn to run, Christian Kirk pulled wide open on the left side for what would have been an easy touchdown, and if the line had held that block for half a second longer he would have been able to see it. Feels emblematic of the o-line's performance as a whole.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tj watt is going to get at least 15 sacks today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Line was holding up pretty well until those last couple plays lol. Tannehill looks good tho

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
God drat what a play for aas

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Hopefully it stands. Titans seem to get hosed on every one of these incompletions/fumble calls

e: djkhaledanotherone.gif

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Surprised they didn’t flag it as a facemask. Overturned

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow