Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordiceius posted:

Genuinely hilarious how quick it is to level blue mage now with the Tempest Leech/Clionid method.

I was intensely grateful for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mordiceius posted:

Genuinely hilarious how quick it is to level blue mage now with the Tempest Leech/Clionid method.

What method is this? I'm still working through the last few levels of BLU, a shortcut would be welcome.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cleretic posted:

What method is this? I'm still working through the last few levels of BLU, a shortcut would be welcome.
Tag a leech, run it to a clionid, you get the experience for the leech dying when it gets eaten.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Sunday Morning posted:

https://zhu.codes/paissa?world=93&tenants=4&sizes=0

There's going to be about 40 smalls available on Excaliber next window, which is about normal for the server. Don't know where you are, but if it's similar it's best to get whatever small you can before playing the medium/large lotto. At least then you have something to play around with and transferring to a better place if you luck out later is rather painless.

The first time I ever bid for houses, I looked for a spot on there and bid against a few other people and lost. Second time, just found a house that wasn't listed on that site, no one else ever ended up bidding on it, and won a small. The competition is pretty minimal on Excalibur it seems, or maybe I just got lucky!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the secret is there's spots that have pretty high competition, and spots basically nobody wants. these dont necessarily correlate to the in-game pricing tiers. theres more competition for the smalls near the beach in the mists than a lot of goblet mediums.

the way i did it was look around for houses that are open, write them down in a .txt doc, then the day before bidding closes go around them again and see which ones have 0-1 bids. dont get fixated on the ideal location, be willing to settle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

People also angle for mediums more than smalls, my house in the Mists is literally right in front of the entrance aetheryte and next to the bell and market board with a great view of the ocean and only like three people were in the lotto with me.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't know if this varies between worlds and DCs, but if you just want any house you can get, the Goblet always has the least interest. I guess people don't like the scenery? I got Goblet smalls without competition on both my main and my alt, although the alt might not count because that was on Marilith, which seems dead even by Dynamis standards.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cleretic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA0DajXSHg8

Takes 30-40 minutes to from 70 to 80.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Antivehicular posted:

I don't know if this varies between worlds and DCs, but if you just want any house you can get, the Goblet always has the least interest. I guess people don't like the scenery? I got Goblet smalls without competition on both my main and my alt, although the alt might not count because that was on Marilith, which seems dead even by Dynamis standards.

I upgraded to a shirogane medium on Marilith and I was the only bidder. I've been on the server since march and there's always plots available everywhere and wards 26-30 aren't even open for purchase yet

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I still don’t know what the atomos thing is all about. Mechanics are for cars

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

a lot of goblets houses have a scenic view of a bunch of brown rocks, outside of the ones near the hot springs.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Endorph posted:

a lot of goblets houses have a scenic view of a bunch of brown rocks, outside of the ones near the hot springs.

Consider: some people like brown rocks

(My main has a house like that, out in the middle of nowhere, but I honestly find the desert cliff view nice? Also it's directly next to an aethernet node and market board. My alt got a plot by the hot springs since Marilith is, as mentioned, dead as hell.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i definitely prefer the canyon walls to the houses in the lavender beds that randomly have ps1 texture rock walls right on the plot for some reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://gametora.com/ffxiv/housing-plot-viewer

oh also this site is a good place if you just wanna see pictures of every plot

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I also think a factor with the Goblet might be that it's not adjacent to any particularly good activities or community hubs. Ul'dah's only really heavily populated on the RP worlds, and even there people would prefer to make their own RP hub than move in near the Quicksands.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

No one on my server wants to live in Ul'dah. Those houses only get a couple bids. Even the mediums in the Goblet get fewer bids than smalls anywhere else.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ul'dah unpopularity is weird to me, it's always been a fun place to ride around and enjoy the architecture.

And of course the Crystal server Quicksands. :cheeky: But I genuinely like the fantasy gaudy Vegas stonework design and cozy private corners between stone walls and desert cliffs. So naturally I won a spite bid I made in Ishgard after 6-8 months of losing bids including a loving 50/50 small in the most abandoned corner in Ul'dah I could find.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

the secret is there's spots that have pretty high competition, and spots basically nobody wants. these dont necessarily correlate to the in-game pricing tiers. theres more competition for the smalls near the beach in the mists than a lot of goblet mediums.

the way i did it was look around for houses that are open, write them down in a .txt doc, then the day before bidding closes go around them again and see which ones have 0-1 bids. dont get fixated on the ideal location, be willing to settle.

speaking as someone who got a house three or four housing cycles back, this is 100% what I did. try and fall in love with some aspect of every potential location and you won't be sad (unless you lose the lottery)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maintenance is tonight! Make sure you got all your gear and all your mogtomes!

MSQ:
Starting point: Seeking the Light, Radz-at-Han, Meghaduta
Required ilvl: Lunar Subterrane - 620, Abyssal Fracture - 625

Alliance Raid:
Starting point: The Heart of the Myth, Deryk, Mor Dhona (23.9, 9.1)
Required ilvl: Thaleia - 625

High End Content:
Abyssal Fracture (Extreme): ilvl 640, completion of Abyssal Fracture
Singularity Reactor (Unreal): ilvl 560, completion of Fantastic Mr. Faux

Capstone Mount Quest:
Starting point: Wings of Hope, Singingway, Old Sharlayan (11.5, 10.3)

Custom Deliveries:
Starting point: A Request of One's Own, Theopauldin, Old Sharlayan (13.8, 15.0)

Island Sanctuary
Starting point: The Sweetest Thing, The Curious Courier, Unnamed Island (12.4, 28.7)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I still have to finish the Eden raids. I know it'll probably only change like two lines but still

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finish the Eden raids cause they own

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Waffleman_ posted:

Maintenance is tonight! Make sure you got all your gear and all your mogtomes!

MSQ:
Starting point: Seeking the Light, Radz-at-Han, Meghaduta
Required ilvl: Lunar Subterrane - 620, Abyssal Fracture - 625

Alliance Raid:
Starting point: The Heart of the Myth, Deryk, Mor Dhona (23.9, 9.1)
Required ilvl: Thaleia - 625

High End Content:
Abyssal Fracture (Extreme): ilvl 640, completion of Abyssal Fracture
Singularity Reactor (Unreal): ilvl 560, completion of Fantastic Mr. Faux

Capstone Mount Quest:
Starting point: Wings of Hope, Singingway, Old Sharlayan (11.5, 10.3)

Custom Deliveries:
Starting point: A Request of One's Own, Theopauldin, Old Sharlayan (13.8, 15.0)

Island Sanctuary
Starting point: The Sweetest Thing, The Curious Courier, Unnamed Island (12.4, 28.7)

Hmm, probably going to do custom delivery then island sanctuary then alliance raid. I have mild interest in the turn ins they're adding to island sanctuary.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finish the Eden raids cause they own

Ehhh, eden 1-8 completely rule but that last tier is probably the worst they'd done since A1-4. would still recommend doing them though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
E12N is like one of the worst fights to get in trial roulette because it's both not that fun with lots of downtime and also everyone forgot the mechanics by now since they aren't seeing it every week like they did in ShB, and also i think the boss itself looks dumb

i think i mostly like every other Eden fight though

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Countblanc posted:

E12N is like one of the worst fights to get in trial roulette because it's both not that fun with lots of downtime and also everyone forgot the mechanics by now since they aren't seeing it every week like they did in ShB, and also i think the boss itself looks dumb

E12N is one of several end of tier fights where I feel the presence of a door boss means normal mode doesn't feel like it has a proper "final boss" feel.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its time to end the door boss experiment

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Door boss! Please, I beg you! We're wiped! You're a genuine dick suck!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mainwaring posted:

E12N is one of several end of tier fights where I feel the presence of a door boss means normal mode doesn't feel like it has a proper "final boss" feel.

It's the most Final Fantasy Final Boss this game had until the EW MSQ final boss.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I cannot dislike E12n too much because I love Promises to Keep. To me, it has such a fantastic mix of both desperation and triumph.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's the most Final Fantasy Final Boss this game had until the EW MSQ final boss.

Ehh, it felt more like the Bizarro Sephiroth to the Safer Sephiroth of final bosses on normal: impressive, but you’re left with an impression of “no way is this all there is, there’s gotta be one more form”

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

While understandable why it didn't happen I'm sad E9-12 didn't get a remix of Premonition and Maybe I'm a Lion to get a complete set of the FF8 final boss themes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Endorph posted:

And since I grew up on the edge of a canyon in mountain/mesa territory, that's exactly what I want.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Another 2 months, another full zone clear in Endwalker. I like all the content but this pacing is murder. I feel like I'm six full zone storylines deep and my current level tag is 87... I don't anticipate doing EW patch content any time soon but I do feel the drive to enjoy it before Dawntrail hits.

Unlocked Ktisis Hyperboreia. It took awhile to get going but the writers nailed a time travel plot AND a satisfying reveal to "Why Apocalypse?" Great stuff. Even when that drat kid made me do four chases in a row it was worth it for the details of the report.

I wonder what'd happen if the FF14 team made a pure horror title.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

And since I grew up on the edge of a canyon in mountain/mesa territory, that's exactly what I want.

I get this. My town feels like it's in the middle of a forest in the spring and summer, that's why I love the Lavender Beds!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

I would go with a Yakuza crossover.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alliance raid where half the bosses are Majima

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
pokemon feels like the easiest answer, so i'll give something funnier and say Gitaroo Man. let soken cover The Legendary Theme. and give us the gitaroo man outfit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the answer is to put G-Warrior in Super Robot Wars

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Countblanc posted:

Dude's got like 12 coconut tits and thighs made of muscle men.

I like the idea of Drawing and Junctioning for the fight but the whole mid-section, while being cool cinematically the first time, isn't challenging and just breaks the flow of the entire fight.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mordiceius posted:

Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

I would go with a Yakuza crossover.

I can't think of a videogame IP that they didn't already do, though I'll say Xenogears just so we can have more fun with mechas.

I'd like to see a Fairy Tail crossover, but that's anime and also just because I'm a fanboy for that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
WoW.

Let the content creator's comment sections burn.

Edit: Serious answer, Vampire Survivors. How? No idea.