Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Inaccurate video because the Saints fan would also be talking about that time we won the Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Inaccurate video because the Saints fan would also be talking about that time we won the Super Bowl

Well we would also both be taunting Falcons fan.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Well we would also both be taunting Falcons fan.

Yeah, like I get that the point of the joke is that Saints/Falcons is the REAL rivalry, but a more accurate ending would be the Saints fan and the Bucs fan teaming up to mock the Falcons fan. Perhaps by quoting a particular score...

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Atlanta Falcons currently showing an international audience how we do things in the NFC South

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol:

https://twitter.com/ArthurJ7/status/1708494207483089098

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

its super cool that ridder is the worst QB in the league. worse than mariota wouldve been

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Are we tanking?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

holy poo poo lmao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Atlanta Falcons can't win in Andy's room.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta is who we thought they were.

I am now supportive of Atlanta tanking. Mediocrity would mean that they'd still keep plugging along with a terrible line and QB who has already hit his ceiling. I'm all for embracing awfulness, as I'd like to toss Arthur Smith too.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
What did Panthers fans do to deserve having to watch CJ Henderson cover Justin Jefferson 1:1 for an entire game? This is cruel and unusual.

Edit: Good thing it's Kirk Cousins throwing to him.

three fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 1, 2023

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Atlanta is who we thought they were.

I am now supportive of Atlanta tanking. Mediocrity would mean that they'd still keep plugging along with a terrible line and QB who has already hit his ceiling. I'm all for embracing awfulness, as I'd like to toss Arthur Smith too.

Winning the first two was nice but this is the Desmond Ridder Tryout Year. Defense looks better, lines need help (O line especially:whitewater:), blah blah blah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

winfield dpoy who says no

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Saints getting booed at home. Things you just hate to see.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Saints getting booed at home. Things you just hate to see.

More boos for the boo god. Let’s get Allen fired.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was asleep. I see we are having another offensive explosion today.

lol Carr missing a long throw drew boos. The first half must have been an atrocious performance

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 1, 2023

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

*sigh*

three
Aug 9, 2007

Bryce refuses to throw a pass that doesn't have 10 yards of separation by the WR.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

three posted:

Bryce refuses to throw a pass that doesn't have 10 yards of separation by the WR.

Also refuses to stop fumbling the ball in the open field.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

three posted:

At least ya’ll didn’t take CJ Stroud, his slow processing and inability to improvise is clearly holding him back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

At least ya’ll didn’t take CJ Stroud, his slow processing and inability to improvise is clearly holding him back.

If you think Stroud would look good in this offense i have a head coach to sell you

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Alaois posted:

If you think Stroud would look good in this offense i have a head coach to sell you

He wouldn’t, but I doubt Bryce would look as good on the Texans. Really though taking Bryce over CJ was a big red flag for the coaching staff.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

This is gonna sound bad but I miss Riverboat Ron.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He wouldn’t, but I doubt Bryce would look as good on the Texans. Really though taking Bryce over CJ was a big red flag for the coaching staff.

I would definitely love to know if the ultra conservative game plan is on the coaching staff trying to get out in front of Young getting destroyed, or if it is Bryce himself just being Teddy B 2.0

Saul Kain posted:

This is gonna sound bad but I miss Riverboat Ron.

It was time for Ron to go, but I will say with certainty that I miss a time when David Tepper didn't own this loving team. I don't long for Jerry Richardson, but the team has been a mess since Tepper took over ownership.

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 1, 2023

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

im personally glad the panthers mortgaged the future on a leprechaun

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I want to die

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Tiny hands can't hold footballs good

three
Aug 9, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

I would definitely love to know if the ultra conservative game plan is on the coaching staff trying to get out in front of Young getting destroyed, or if it is Bryce himself just being Teddy B 2.0

It was time for Ron to go, but I will say with certainty that I miss a time when David Tepper didn't own this loving team. I don't long for Jerry Richardson, but the team has been a mess since Tepper took over ownership.

Easy answer. Bryce is a coward. We have proof by looking at the 1 game without him:

34/58, 361 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

From what I saw, it was Tepper who wanted Bryce, Reich wanted Stroud, and welp.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Tepper doesn't get nearly enough poo poo. The Panthers have been consistently one of the worst teams in the league since he bought them

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 1, 2023

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm not doing this anymore

three
Aug 9, 2007

My favorite part is that Reich refuses to stop calling plays but had 4 plays he personally screwed up by not getting the play in on time.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm not doing this anymore

Sure is going to be sweet giving away a top 5 (at least) pick away in the 2024 draft

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

im kinda fine with just winning 3 more games this year and getting allen fired and the team rebuilt.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Sure is going to be sweet giving away a top 5 (at least) pick away in the 2024 draft

Only consolation is that the Bears will absolutely waste it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Baker is the best QB in the NFCS and it’s not close

Faint praise I know but I said what I said

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

From what I saw, it was Tepper who wanted Bryce, Reich wanted Stroud, and welp.

Tepper doesn't get nearly enough poo poo. The Panthers have been consistently one of the worst teams in the league since he bought them

Of course it was. Every single goddamn thing this team has done since Tepper bought it has been to turn a quick profit and to try to do it overnight. Let's bring in Matt Rhule because he turned Baylor around really fast! Let's fix it with Teddy Bridgewater! Let's fix it with Sam Darnold! Let's fix it with Deshaun Watson! Let's fix it with Matthew Stafford! Let's trade up and fix it with Matt Corral! Not to mention turning the field into fake turf and endangering his players' long term health so he can host Kenny Chesney concerts.

But this year is the coup de grace of poo poo. After setting up a coaching staff that is built for the long haul, with the skills to develop any QB, what does Tepper do? Goes out and trades the future to draft the one guy that already hit his ceiling because he'll be able to "win now."

edit: oh and baker! How did I forget Baker?

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 1, 2023

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Only consolation is that the Bears will absolutely waste it

Oh I think that's absolutely a given, and something that I take solace in.

If any of these tanking teams get the number one pick, then Caleb Williams decides to go back to school, I will never stop laughing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Baker is the best QB in the NFCS and it’s not close

Faint praise I know but I said what I said

He's also really fun to watch

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

He's also really fun to watch

I loving love Baker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i was pretty mad the bucs didn't even make an attempt to get carr in the offseason but i'm quite happy with how this has played out