Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You should be calling for it anyway
All the coaches involved in this debacle should be ceremonially sacrificed to Beelzebub because he’s a fly and they are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's just fire both coaches and get it over with

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
going for it on 4th down there was the correct call.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

He can both a) not be fired midseason and b) absolutely not be still employed Week 1 next season

I've changed my mind, he needs to be fired midseason too

You've already made the wrong kind of history with this performance, you can make the wrong kind of history with an abrupt firing. At least that one's good for the team

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Benne posted:

Let's just fire both coaches and get it over with

Can’t wait for Payton to act like beating the Bears has turned everything around and proof of his method before they continue to stink the rest of the season

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

going for it on 4th down after trying the fake out and calling a time out... was not the right call

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Denver and Chicago should go ahead and pull the trigger and start the bidding war for Bienemy

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lock Payton and Eberflus in a room with a broken pool cue.

Two HC enter, (no) one leaves

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay so I know I reserved a post and all but this thread needs to be bumped to the top and god drat stickied.

Eberflus is worse than Hackett. He’s one of the absolute worst coaches I’ve ever seen.

Bears, this is the time to break traditions. Get him the gently caress out of there.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

mcmagic posted:

It's the correct call, but it's pretty inexplicable to me how little confidence they have in Justin Fields picking up 1 yard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My only question about firing Eberflus midseason is, uh ... is there anyone in the building to replace him?

It's not like Getsy has earned a promotion, they don't even have a DC right now, and nobody else on the staff has previous HC experience, which is what cowardly owners usually value when they have to go to an interim (remember this is the McCaskeys we're talking about). I guess the special teams coordinator can keep the lights on for a few months?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benne posted:

My only question about firing Eberflus midseason is, uh ... is there anyone in the building to replace him?

It's not like Getsy has earned a promotion, they don't even have a DC right now, and nobody else on the staff has previous HC experience, which is what cowardly owners usually value when they have to go to an interim (remember this is the McCaskeys we're talking about). I guess the special teams coordinator can keep the lights on for a few months?

I don’t think it could get any worse so the real risk is that the interim is better and costs them the first pick.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Benne posted:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think it could get any worse so the real risk is that the interim is better and costs them the first pick.

Luckily the Panthers are the other incredibly poo poo team so that risk is less.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

They have Les Steckel's son Luke on their staff. Make him the coach.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Bears might really get the no 1 and no 2 picks lol

Williams and MHJ at the end of the rainbow sure is something.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

The Bears once had the 3rd and 4th overall picks, and selected Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers. They never made the playoffs.

No QB the Bears draft will ever be good and their offense will always be bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

mcmagic posted:

Williams and MHJ at the end of the rainbow sure is something.

So Williams can get ruined and Harrison can get traded 2 years later for not "fitting the culture"

Foolproof plan at Halas Hall

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Stealing this from NFCN thread

https://twitter.com/Zack_Pearson/status/1708583954087862472?t=cwFTRhxmBajv3oMm6OiI1Q&s=19

so how hot does this make his seat?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
the Bears owner should make themselves the interim coach. if I owned a team I'd always be the interim coach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/status/1708596325665677511

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Do the Bears have any retired player that's working in broadcasting they can hire to be the Tank Commander in the glorious tradition of Jeff Saturday?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know what Jay Cutler's up to, but who better?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

^ lol

Codependent Poster posted:

Do the Bears have any retired player that's working in broadcasting they can hire to be the Tank Commander in the glorious tradition of Jeff Saturday?

Jay Cutler’s gotta be free. Pass the ball, or don’t, I don’t fucken care. Anyone got a smoke?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Who's the special teams coach? I love it when they get made the interim

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Might be time for a title change, Gannon's looking decent and there's some really bad coaches asking to be fired right now.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Mega64 posted:

Might be time for a title change, Gannon's looking decent and there's some really bad coaches asking to be fired right now.

Yeah, like they'll probably be 1-3 this week but they've been surprisingly competent (even in this game) with Josh Dobbs of all people at QB.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Four games into the season, is Bienemy getting himself any closer to a HC gig?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MJeff posted:

Four games into the season, is Bienemy getting himself any closer to a HC gig?

He's without a doubt the top candidate

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Codependent Poster posted:

They'll bring back Ditka again

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's without a doubt the top candidate

Disagree with this. Ben Johnson is the top candidate. EB has gotten like 19 interviews and no jobs..... You have to think there is a reason for that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

mcmagic posted:

Disagree with this. Ben Johnson is the top candidate. EB has gotten like 19 interviews and no jobs..... You have to think there is a reason for that.

he's black op

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hate this mf staley

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
There was also the question of how much credit Bieniemy was due since he was working with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes, although both were very vocal in supporting him and saying he should have gotten a chance to be a head coach. If Washington's offense and/or Sam Howell make consistent noise over the course of the season, that'll probably be a big boost for him for potential openings next season. Hell, depending on how the season plays out, he could potentially replace Rivera.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

he's black op

But the NFL put "end racism" logos everywhere!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I hate this mf staley

Obviously there aren't enough black coaches or GMs but Ryans got a job pretty quickly, no? I think there is something to EB not interviewing well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a neat cape posted:

I hate this mf staley

Herbert is so good and this dude is an anchor around his throat. It's rough.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

mcmagic posted:

Obviously there aren't enough black coaches or GMs but Ryans got a job pretty quickly, no? I think there is something to EB not interviewing well.

When people say a coach "doesn't interview well" it usually means "doesn't tell the owners what they want to hear."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

When people say a coach "doesn't interview well" it usually means "doesn't tell the owners what they want to hear."

for instance, Frank Reich apparently interviews amazingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I hate this mf staley

All my homies hate Staley