Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Doomykins posted:

Another 2 months, another full zone clear in Endwalker. I like all the content but this pacing is murder. I feel like I'm six full zone storylines deep and my current level tag is 87... I don't anticipate doing EW patch content any time soon but I do feel the drive to enjoy it before Dawntrail hits.

Unlocked Ktisis Hyperboreia. It took awhile to get going but the writers nailed a time travel plot AND a satisfying reveal to "Why Apocalypse?" Great stuff. Even when that drat kid made me do four chases in a row it was worth it for the details of the report.

I wonder what'd happen if the FF14 team made a pure horror title.

I think there should be enough time since DT is out in Summer 2024 and most of the EW content is almost done with the final AR out soon along with the variant dungeon area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It wouldn't be a specific crossover, but I still kind of like the idea of a Blue Mage Battle Royale.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

I did this method this morning, it is as quick and easy as advertised AND I got 1.5 levels on my chocobo. Thanks for sharing it! Do recommend tank mimicry + mighty guard as the chip damage isn't trivial.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Gundam. Give me a fuckin gundam as a mount. I would probably hate it because I kinda hate the cruise chaser mount, but I don't care. Lemme fly a gundam.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Mordiceius posted:

If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Waffleman_ posted:

Alliance raid where half the bosses are Majima

Yakuza themed variant dungeon with Majima as the midboss so you fight him with different mechanics on every path.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Chrono Trigger. More Monster Hunter with like a trio of heavy hitters(Zinogre!!!) ... Mario. Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi. :getin:

Me, An Idiot: Time to push MSQ in mid point Endwalker I hope nothing sad happens.

Finished Ktisis Hyperboreia. I sure am sad about how this story of a being of empathy turned out.

Alder posted:

I think there should be enough time since DT is out in Summer 2024 and most of the EW content is almost done with the final AR out soon along with the variant dungeon area.

Yup, time for me to stop finishing two zones of story and feeling like I played an entire smaller game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mordiceius posted:

Yakuza themed variant dungeon with Majima as the midboss so you fight him with different mechanics on every path.

Somehow have it cross over with the Ninja quests so we can get Majima and Karasu

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Regalingualius posted:

Ehh, it felt more like the Bizarro Sephiroth to the Safer Sephiroth of final bosses on normal: impressive, but you’re left with an impression of “no way is this all there is, there’s gotta be one more form”

Given how plain and not-abstracted hosed up the actual second form is it feels way more like Safer and the bit is they're swapping the order.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Onean posted:

WoW.

Let the content creator's comment sections burn.

Edit: Serious answer, Vampire Survivors. How? No idea.

Kingdom Hearts or WoW is my answer, as the Alliance Raid for the expansion (or a Bozja style zone for WoW where the Actions system is WoW spells).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

lines posted:

Ghost Trick. Missile minion and Sissel's outfit and hairstyle(!).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

lines posted:

Ok, Ace Attorney would be loving dope. Especially if the WoL gets their own :objection: *proceeds to crack the case* sequence with the dramatic music and desk slams.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I want a The World Ends With You crossover

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RME posted:

At worst you should get a second chance to redeem mogtomes when it rolls around again right, you just can’t earn anymore

You'll be able to redeem them until the launch of 7.0, but you won't be able to earn anymore.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the_steve posted:

Ok, Ace Attorney would be loving dope. Especially if the WoL gets their own :objection: *proceeds to crack the case* sequence with the dramatic music and desk slams.

I want to see Briardien again.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kheldarn posted:

You'll be able to redeem them until the launch of 7.0, but you won't be able to earn anymore.

They roll over too, in a manner of speaking. Every mogtome event has a section to use the previous tomes for previous rewards. Only the very previous one, it doesn't let you go back any more than that.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Kingdom Hearts

Does anyone have that surfcage art of Mickey calling Emet a dramatic fella? Spoiler it if you need, I think emet might have been saying spoilery things in it. I can't find it!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 1, 2023

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mordiceius posted:

Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

Etrian Odyssey or Shiren the Wanderer.

Shiren just for the hat. Just give me the big Shiren hat.

Etrian has all kinds of anime glam potential though and they could add a Yggdrassill variant dungeon or something.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Absolutely crazy suggestion: Shadow Hearts. Let Joachim Valentine meet Hildebrand and get into a flex-off/wrestling match.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

YggiDee posted:

I want a The World Ends With You crossover

Including a NEO TWEWY reference to remind people that it exists :negative:

Introduce more people to “SO ZETTA SLOW!”

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

They roll over too, in a manner of speaking. Every mogtome event has a section to use the previous tomes for previous rewards. Only the very previous one, it doesn't let you go back any more than that.

Almost every time. They didn't once, and it was a special event anniversary mogtome like this one. Since this one ends with the patch it might be in the system properly, but I'd buy things today just in case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if they'll introduce Diamond and Emerald glowies this patch. Those are the only Trial weapons not from EW left, right?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if they'll introduce Diamond and Emerald glowies this patch. Those are the only Trial weapons not from EW left, right?

They haven't added Warrior of Light weapons yet have they?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

OddObserver posted:

Ghost Trick. Missile minion and Sissel's outfit and hairstyle(!).

Like this game needs to make the players cry even more often.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

Hades

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Oh you are right

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think I've confused myself. Are we getting a new treasure dungeon, new items in existing ones, or nothing?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bruceski posted:

I think I've confused myself. Are we getting a new treasure dungeon, new items in existing ones, or nothing?

New items in existing ones, did not see mention of a new dungeon in the patch notes.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

They should make your entire body glow like enemies in the Hero's Gauntlet.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

took all my mogstation gear out of the dresser

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Monster Hunter again

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HackensackBackpack posted:

They should make your entire body glow like enemies in the Hero's Gauntlet.

That would rule, but is probably too cool to be implemented for crafted weapons.

Anybody happen to know why the island recommendation is to disable pasture automation before maintenance? I guess I'm not seeing what mechanism would cause that to provide you with more island xp than just letting it run.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

I would go with a Yakuza crossover.

Not a video game, but Saki with an "eat taco" emote at the end of it.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Thundarr posted:

That would rule, but is probably too cool to be implemented for crafted weapons.

Anybody happen to know why the island recommendation is to disable pasture automation before maintenance? I guess I'm not seeing what mechanism would cause that to provide you with more island xp than just letting it run.

You get xp by manually feeding them, and none if the mammets do it for you. Same for harvesting crops. It's not a large amount cause it doesn't scale, but free exp.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mordiceius posted:

Implausible answer: Xenoblade, I think it'd just work really well, the games have the same sense of style.

Plausible answer: Mega Man, do it Yokai Watch style where every job gets a weapon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wily Stage 2 by Soken

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You Will Know Our Name by Soken

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Mordiceius posted:

Given we're getting Fall Guys, I say that they should reach out to Gaggle Studios and get a Goose Goose Duck crossover. (Gaggle produces so much more quality content than Innersloth does with Among Us.)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

You Will Know Our Name by Soken

That bridge might be burned too badly. But the Primals rocking out a live version would be amazing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mordiceius posted:

Fate, mostly because you could easily get multiple cool glam weapons just from the sheer amount of characters and their weapons. Even tried to map them over who could get what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingdom hearts.