Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Stare-Out posted:

I have a guarantee and enough pulls to get whoever I want next, Furina is an obvious one solely because she can, at least for now, walk on water which immediately makes her valuable, but Wriothesley is just cool as hell because I want more punching. If he's compromised on damage I may pass on him though so I'm half-hoping that's the case.

And of course they're putting an Itto banner out there between the two and I have to just sit by and watch him slip through my fingers again. :argh:
The damage isn't really his issue. It's his self-damaging+self-healing mechanic is too much self-damage damage and not enough healing at C0, and unlike neuvillette Wriothesley loses damage if he's at 50% HP. It's almost manageable until you put furina in even though furina should be a character that synergizes with his HP fluctuations!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

The damage isn't really his issue. It's his self-damaging+self-healing mechanic is too much self-damage damage and not enough healing at C0, and unlike neuvillette Wriothesley loses damage if he's at 50% HP. It's almost manageable until you put furina in even though furina should be a character that synergizes with his HP fluctuations!!!

I hate all the HP loss mechanics. It's been dumb since Hu Tao, especially in a game that doesn't have regenerating health outside of combat. That sounds like it really sucks for Wriothesley and they seem to be hell-bent on making every Fontaine character have some kind of a health loss gimmick and it's just the worst. Maybe just pairing him with Kokomi for a freeze-punch team or something? I don't know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I thought shorter characters swam faster and was wondering if there might've been another minor buff to character types like that. My b.
tall women are the fastest swimmers. but again, that's not an intentional statistical buff, its just a function of how the models interact with the environment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

I hate all the HP loss mechanics. It's been dumb since Hu Tao, especially in a game that doesn't have regenerating health outside of combat. That sounds like it really sucks for Wriothesley and they seem to be hell-bent on making every Fontaine character have some kind of a health loss gimmick and it's just the worst. Maybe just pairing him with Kokomi for a freeze-punch team or something? I don't know.
You can just run Wriothsley with a healer quite easily. Pretty much every team he'd want has a viable one. Mono Cryo can be Wriothesley/Diona or Charlotte/Shenhe/Flex, Hyperbloom + Freeze can use Kuki or Yaoyao, you can run him with Bennett in a national team, etc.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Fortunately for my primos, I'm skipping Wriothsley because he's a cop.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

LeastActionHero posted:

Fortunately for my primos, I'm skipping Wriothsley because he's a cop.
He's not a cop. He's Diluc except the winery uses prison labor.

That might actually be worse.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
if you skip cops i have bad news about all of the Archons

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

all Gods are bastards

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

You can just run Wriothsley with a healer quite easily. Pretty much every team he'd want has a viable one. Mono Cryo can be Wriothesley/Diona or Charlotte/Shenhe/Flex, Hyperbloom + Freeze can use Kuki or Yaoyao, you can run him with Bennett in a national team, etc.

Yeah but it's weak that he pretty much needs a healer, just enough with the HP drain crap already for real. I guess Shenhe is something of a must-have for his team for the massive Cryo DMG boost/Crit rate buff from resonance so that leaves two slots for hydro of choice like Xinqiu/Yelan/Kokomi and a flex for Kazuha maybe to swirl hydro not unlike for a typical Ayaka team?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would gladly be forced to run a healer in exchange for a free 36% crit rate. i guess as a cryo he could run blizzard strayer even if he didnt have the hp drain but then hed be locked to having a hydro in his team so itd be basically the same end result.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is it just cops or anyone in a governmental position like Ayaka and Ayato too?

Still leaves you with a great selection of characters regardless: Diona, Noelle, Diluc, Barbara, Rosaria, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Shenhe, Chongyun, Beidou, Kazuha, Kirara, Collei, Tighnari, Yoimiya, Itto, Kuki Shinobi, Heizou, Wanderer, Baizhu, Qiqi, basically every 4* besides Bennet, Fischl, Kaeya, Lisa, Kujou Sara, Mika and Thoma.

Also Aloy.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Endorph posted:

i would gladly be forced to run a healer in exchange for a free 36% crit rate. i guess as a cryo he could run blizzard strayer even if he didnt have the hp drain but then hed be locked to having a hydro in his team so itd be basically the same end result.

Yeah, though at least he's pretty compatible with a lot of catalysts even if his team and artifacts are pretty set in stone.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Stare-Out posted:

I like HP scaling, but the Fontaine mechanic of caring about hp yoyoing is just not something I care about it. It's slightly less forced than the stupid pneuma/ousia poo poo that I hate even more, but in some ways this is worse in that it's not something I care about using. Rizzley is like Hu Tao only Hu Tao only cares about keeping her hp below a threshold, while he has to keep it within a boundary and that's just much more annoying.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Heizou's a detective and Sara and Wanderer are directly subordinate to their archons (and Sara is absolutely a cop)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

wait, is loving Childe the real Hydro Archon? he's Hydro-element, has some kind of connection to a god-like whale like the one we saw at the end of the last Archon quest, he's disappeared in Fontaine at the same time that Furina's legitimacy is being called into question, and the Fatui clearly already suspected that she wasn't the real deal

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Is it just cops or anyone in a governmental position like Ayaka and Ayato too?

Still leaves you with a great selection of characters regardless: Diona, Noelle, Diluc, Barbara, Rosaria, Xiangling, Xingqiu, Shenhe, Chongyun, Beidou, Kazuha, Kirara, Collei, Tighnari, Yoimiya, Itto, Kuki Shinobi, Heizou, Wanderer, Baizhu, Qiqi, basically every 4* besides Bennet, Fischl, Kaeya, Lisa, Kujou Sara, Mika and Thoma.

Also Aloy.

Technically it's a "no gods, no kings, no war criminals*" policy, but there's a lot of uncomfortable cases.

It has led me to resolutely skip Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden, as well as related ones like Ayaka and Ayato who are far too rooted in power-by-inheritance :guillotine:

*Except Klee I don't have Klee because I don't like how she plays.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Eimi posted:

I like HP scaling, but the Fontaine mechanic of caring about hp yoyoing is just not something I care about it. It's slightly less forced than the stupid pneuma/ousia poo poo that I hate even more, but in some ways this is worse in that it's not something I care about using. Rizzley is like Hu Tao only Hu Tao only cares about keeping her hp below a threshold, while he has to keep it within a boundary and that's just much more annoying.

My main issue really is with how healing is handled by the game. If you don't have a healer in your current team you have to resort to the food gadget, or worse yet, going into the inventory to use food to heal just because you wanted to actually use a character to do damage. Or just pop over to your local statue of the seven to get healed up I guess but if you have Hu Tao on your team you're putting yourself at a disadvantage by doing that, plus it's limited for some reason too. It's just so messy and feels like they didn't think it through at all. Like Hu Tao, if built right, has her HP around the same levels as any other character for her to do most damage but it's jank as all hell to have to manage that with what the game can do.

The pneuma/ousia stuff is super tacked on and completely pointless to the point where it just becomes an inconvenience because they clearly had to take into account the fact that you might not have those characters in your party at all so hey, there's always a pick-up nearby that completely negates the mechanic if you can be bothered to look around a corner or climb up a wall or whatever.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
If anyone is having trouble with the seahorse in 12-1 like I was, Ayaka freeze gets rid of it super fast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had more trouble with floor 11 than floor 12 because those loving spectres were bullying Neuvillette

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LeastActionHero posted:

Technically it's a "no gods, no kings, no war criminals*" policy, but there's a lot of uncomfortable cases.

It has led me to resolutely skip Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden, as well as related ones like Ayaka and Ayato who are far too rooted in power-by-inheritance :guillotine:

how does your brain get like this

Kale
May 14, 2010

Leraika posted:

Heizou's a detective and Sara and Wanderer are directly subordinate to their archons (and Sara is absolutely a cop)

Sara, Cyno and probably Jean are the most cop characters in the game IMO. Maybe Clorinde too, but haven't really gotten a total bead on her yet, but anybody who's job it is to duel and kill you on behalf of the state and the man when it's probably your only real option of getting out of whatever charges are stacked against you kind of feels like a part of the system.

LeastActionHero posted:

Your gonna have a rough time of it with this game and miss out on some of the better 5 star characters and storylines if you don't like gods, nobles or people in any position of authority. That's like a quarter of the characters in the game basically.

Endorph posted:

how does your brain get like this

It's that whole leftist D&D poster mentality that sometimes gets taken and applied to an extreme on this gay dead comedy forum. It's like how I figured Topaz in Star Rail was gonna have at least that one guy that strongly objected to her being a mercenary debt collector basically. I can't imagine not wanting to play Ayaka, Ayato, Kazuha, Yae or Raiden at all just because their characters are rooted in Shogun era Japanese political power structures that the whole nation of Inazuma is based around. Ditto Eula and Jean who have been in my Mondstadt themed team forever. Diluc I can kind of do without these days however.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

all Gods are bastards

Scum of the Earth that Nahida. Should have just kept her locked away. Happy Birthday :commissar:

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 1, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is there any video of Furina gameplay out there yet

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

is there any video of Furina gameplay out there yet

Some but honestly there's not much gameplay to her. You hit her skill once every 30s, and the summons just wander around hitting stuff and doing their thing. That's it. That's what she does.

https://streamable.com/q9b52g

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

LeastActionHero posted:

lol cool there's one here too now

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kale posted:

Scum of the Earth that Nahida. Should have just kept her locked away. Happy Birthday :commissar:

Disco Elysium but it's Nahida and the voices in the Akashic Records

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Some but honestly there's not much gameplay to her. You hit her skill once every 30s, and the summons just wander around hitting stuff and doing their thing. That's it. That's what she does.

https://streamable.com/q9b52g

what a terrible loving demo, why doesn't he attack or use her ult

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Aren't Tighnari and Collei cops? I mean they're like park rangers or game wardens. Are park rangers cops?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

LeastActionHero posted:

how do you feel about the dogs who run the lost & found in animal crossing

this is rhetorical, please stop

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

amber, sucrose (I think?), albedo, kaeya, lisa, mika are all knights of favonius who are mondstadt cops

eula is not only a knight but also a noble which is like cop++

noelle isnt a cop but wants to be

ningguang, keqing, ganyu, yelan are all part of the liyue qixing and therefore (probably corrupt) government officials

beidou isn't part of the qixing but all signs say she's in bed with their leader which is close enough

candace is probably fine though you can make a team with her guilt free

Nakar posted:

Aren't Tighnari and Collei cops? I mean they're like park rangers or game wardens. Are park rangers cops?

they're tree cops

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Leraika posted:

I haven't done Heizou's hangout but I could've swore he was freelance? I was saying that you can't use characters like Sara, Bennet, Lisa, etc, because cop, Adventurer's Guild and Knights of Favonius.

Thankfully my brain's been ironed by many years of watching cartoons now that I can roll with a police/military force that spends less than 78% of it's time and budget harassing minorities and homeless people. The dragons, homunculi, androids, basically magic and lack of an American setting while in a fictional one really helps that effort.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

RareAcumen posted:

I was saying that you can't use characters like Sara, Bennet, Lisa, etc, because cop, Adventurer's Guild and Knights of Favonius.

woops, I misread then (but it gave me a chance to ponder just how loving cop Sara is and lol gently, so that was nice at least)

in other news, the sumeru cake is very cute

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

what a terrible loving demo, why doesn't he attack or use her ult
furina's attacks are useless before c2.

her burst is just a passive effect applied to the party.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Speaking of Tignari, tossed some rolls on the Neuv banner and got him instead, a cursory look at his builds suggests pairing him with Fischl as a must have and getting at least one more dendro and/or one more electro for resonance. How big a deal is getting resonances for him, and what're good teams for him that don't involve Nahida?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wow they made a bad archon...hosed up

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Machado de Assis posted:

Speaking of Tignari, tossed some rolls on the Neuv banner and got him instead, a cursory look at his builds suggests pairing him with Fischl as a must have and getting at least one more dendro and/or one more electro for resonance. How big a deal is getting resonances for him, and what're good teams for him that don't involve Nahida?

Tighnari / Yae / Fischl / [your choice of support] works pretty well. electro resonance is much more important than dendro resonance for this team so if you want to put e.g. Zhongli in the fourth slot that's fine. i mostly use Baizhu or Yaoyao because they offer other benefits and dendro resonance isn't wasted here either, but IIRC the diminishing returns on EM for aggravate teams kick in pretty early

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kit her out in EM and put her on my Nilou team

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

it kind of sounds like Furina is Hydro Yae and while that's not that different from the bajillion other rapid, semi-passive hydro applicators a lot of them are really annoying to manage and one who's just "press button every 30s" sounds rad to me

reminds me of Baizhu where people were completely underwhelmed by him because he wasn't flashy enough or something but "healer with gigantic numbers who heals off-fielders and in all respects Just Works" was great for my teams

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 2, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it kind of sounds like Furina is Hydro Yae and while that's not that different from the bajillion other rapid, semi-passive hydro applicators a lot of them are really annoying to manage and one who's just "press button every 30s" sounds rad to me

reminds me of Baizhu where people were completely underwhelmed by him because he wasn't flashy enough or something but "healer with gigantic numbers who heals off-fielders and in all respects Just Works" was great for my teams

Every new off field hydro applier is really just one less team Xingqiu needs to be reserved for.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I rolled on the weapon banner and got...Freminet?

Ok sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Leraika posted:

woops, I misread then (but it gave me a chance to ponder just how loving cop Sara is and lol gently, so that was nice at least)

in other news, the sumeru cake is very cute

in my headcanon it's a tiranaramisu :3: