Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

big fuckin news ya'll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFx7woWkZbc

took seven years but they got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

alarumklok posted:

your mother isn't in the game

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hello I made a thread in the halloween forum for clearing horror games this month come revel: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4043186&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post534965864

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

evilmiera posted:

So what was the reason given for not letting you import your character wholesale from the first part of the ff7 remake?

I don't think the devs have ever really talked about it, but there wouldn't be much room left for mechanical growth or cool poo poo to find in 2 if they did. A lot of stuff got pulled forward to make a cohesive 30-hour game with satisfying (yes, yes, I know, 9999 is a brainworm) endgame numbers out of a five-hour extended tutorial, and it has to either go back away to be found again, make even your first play a NG+, or be replaced with stuff that doesn't squeeze the nostalgia gland.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

holy poo poo

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i didnt really make a spec build in Cyberpunk 2077 i just kinda just put my points in everything but intelligence nethacking is for nerds

crouched sprinting is S+ tier tho

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BONGHITZ posted:

From heaven, TJ"Henry"Yoshi looks down and nods in approval.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I don't know if that person is dead or not.

EDIT: after some investigation, it looks like they are alive. Not going to edit my original post.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

my god

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BONGHITZ posted:

I don't know what this is

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

https://youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A?feature=shared

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

https://twitter.com/Specificsoyz/status/1702029597791953158

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just passed a DC18 Religion check that informed me the symbols on a door in the Temple of Bhaal were in honor of Bhaal

Glad I nailed that roll on the first try, imagine using inspiration on that lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I got nothing from this. sorry

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Mr Hootington posted:

That's mqrio

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Finally got to tier 4 quick hacks and that's when you finally become a cyberwizard that just explodes people by looking at them.

That's also the tier where you get like three different "make the target kill themselves" spells.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RealityWarCriminal posted:

finished up Evil within 2 last week. it was extremely mid

fonv: dead money is up next

wtf. Evil Within 2 loving owns bones. not quite as good as RE4 but it's my favorite RE4-like after the king itself

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways just wrapped up NG+ Liberator ending now. drat that went by hella fast comapred to my first playtrhrough, i think from start of NG+ to the end it was probably like 3 hours of playing. and yeah the Liberator bosses were loving chumps compared to the coral chick for Fires, way way easier and didn't die on any of the final missions

onto NG++ now and then back to Lies of P

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BG3 chat:

Well I killed Orin. The Temple of Bhaal is a pretty apt endgame zone, to the extent that I'm still mad at her for essentially forcing me to beeline her by kidnapping Lae'zel. Welp at this point no reason not to just run around doing sidequests for a while before trying Gortash.

Her loving neverending Unstoppable gimmick was really annoying and also seemed thematically inappropriate for a chosen of Bhaal tbh. I ended up just casting Hold Monster on her and spamming high-level Magic Missiles on her every turn to use up all her unstoppables so I could focus her down without wasting spell slots trying to AOE the sanctuary guys. That was a fun method. Gotta make sure you stock Counterspells too though. At the end you still have to AOE the little guys since they turn invisible, it's just easier because they clump up more that way.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've actually completely ruined an endgame boss using Hold Monster in an IRL tabletop D&D game too, it's a super OP spell

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I played the new Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor demo. it's basically Vampire Survivors/those isometric single-stick autoshooter games with rpg-loot-relics but DRG themed with drg-stuff. it seems cool and fun so far, though I've got some issues with it rn. will definitely get it when it launches.'

i do think it shouldn't have been an auto-shooter, it should be a twin-stick game, kinda like Helldivers: DRG would have been cooler/better. autoshooters have their place in particular games like VS but not sure this is an application that it's ideal for

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

BONGHITZ posted:

:catstare:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

in cyberpunk 2.0 are you still limited to stealth killing everyone with your hands instead of the badass cyber sword you're wielding?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

more games should embrace hitman thought w/r/t stealth instead of it always boiling down to murder or murder (non-lethal)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

friendzoned by Panam :sad:

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Just came across confirmation that Dysmantled was made by Finns in game:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Scarabrae posted:

friendzoned by Panam :sad:

owned lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Well I'll have to advance the main story to fully 100% either DLC on this playthrough, I can say that Dysmantle remains a kickass game and both the DLC are super worth it. This latest one especially felt a lot more substantial than the Underworld one which I was happy with for $9. Doing them as early as you can is what I recommend, after you get the bat and baseball card ideally. You'll get super strong and it unlocks traveling to campfires and to towers from your map which on the MUCH larger main world map is just delightful. Also the first one has an item that makes the Ark quests 10x less annoying.

Performance felt like it took a big drop though on the Switch since I last played, still very playable but I don't remember THIS many hitches when I first played it, I wonder if Doomsday introduced some kind of issue or maybe my Switch is just dying

edit - I also recommend going early because if you save it to the end it'll be too much of a breeze, and there's too much weird new stuff to just blow through it

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Oct 2, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The co-op survival RPG they're making in basically the same engine with the same assets is going to be an all timer, it's just the perfect setup for that kind of thing

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I've killed like 5k people in cyberpunk but the most brutal thing I've done was not raising my hand in the scene where river's niece asks "raise your hands if you think v should date river" when you're eating with his family

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

edit - I also recommend going early because if you save it to the end it'll be too much of a breeze, and there's too much weird new stuff to just blow through it
oh drat, i think I might pass then. I already beat the original game and probably not feeling up to starting a new save from scratch. was hoping it was most post-game or alt-game.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

oh drat, i think I might pass then. I already beat the original game and probably not feeling up to starting a new save from scratch. was hoping it was most post-game or alt-game.

Eh I'd still recommend it, you can have a character with bat in hand in like an hour probably and you never need to go back to the world map for any reason so it can still be all new stuff

I can say that with Doomsday, the final boss at least is going to be hard as hell at any level. Don't want to spoil more than that tho because man it's also funny as gently caress

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED
If you swing the sword fast enough they die without yelling and you keep stealth

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

was only going to play for an hour or two, but finished pentiment in like three and a half hours tonight. great game. I got all teary at some parts, which is not surprising for me, but still. out loud said "no, no, no" when Andreas said that Caspar went back inside and never came back out. god drat it, I convinced that kid to go back to salzburg. quite impressed at moments like sister amalie's writing going purple and the reveal that the title screen, the tab screen, etc have been in the rathaus all along - hah, and as the credits end and I'm back on the title screen again, I see that the background is now lit and I can see the mural, though it seems it's not the scenes I chose. I'm still mourning the death of ZA/UM but josh sawyer's dreamy embrace comforts me. eager to go mousing over lots of spoilers in the games thread and so on

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

If you swing the sword fast enough they die without yelling and you keep stealth

welcome to Advanced Stealth

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Always Be Throwin' Knives At Guys.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Get a pair of gorilla arms and throw guys.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
finally got to uncover what Operation Kraken is in Sniper Elite 5 and it's Alberich anechoic coating for U-boats, which threatens to allow Kriegsmarine subs to foul up the D-Day invasion by letting them stalk the invasion fleet while being undetectable by Allied sonar.

with SE3 it was the Maus tank, and with SE4 it was the Fritz X proto-cruise missile. It's an interesting way to frame these campaigns because with hindsight we know that these weapons were not anywhere near enough to turn the tide of the war, but in the moment, the Allies may have certainly believed they were, and it allows for the narrative to play out in such a way that you're raiding increasingly well-guarded Nazi weapons development sites and bunkers, without devolving into Wolfenstein-style hypotheticals where the Axis have mechs and lasers (or zombies and magicka).

one other "secret weapon" that does come up in the game is the Vampir night-vision scope for the StG 44, which starts showing up on soldiers to represent more challenging guards that can zero in on you even if you might be well hidden. But the upshot is that if you can take out one of these balaclava-wearing elite Jager infantry, you can take the weapon and use it for yourself, with devastating results. Wielding one of these feels like the final act of Schwarzenegger's Eraser (1996).

EDIT: another thing I wanted to add is that it's possible to mod the M1911 with a 2x scope and a stock, making headshots doable at ranges as far as 50m despite hold-breath/bullet drop compensation not being available for pistols, as opposed to the earlier games where the Welrod was always suppressed, but forced you to use iron sights. This is critical because you can put a suppressor on the M1911 far earlier than subsonic rounds become regularly available for the rifle. In a number of ways it's more useful than the sniper rifle itself since the game loves dropping you into situations where you just don't have the room to pick off targets at a 150 meters and the loud crack of a gunshot is going to have everyone in the area zero in on your position.

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Oct 2, 2023

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

unbelievable.

It took this long for Shigeru Miyamoto's true vision to finally be realized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
omfg I finally beat the king in Lies. jesus loving christ that took probably about 50 tries and only saved by my summon