Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1708590411831226406

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1708517242776776844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The people running the Bears clearly think that everyone else is as stupid as they are.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/shawnemerriman/status/1708620381752557677

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the bears loving rule

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I legitimately feel bad for Justin Fields as a football player

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Papercut posted:

That throw to Aiyuk on the final drive was so ridiculous, he threw the ball like 3 strides before Aiyuk even started to turn around, perfect anticipation

There were a couple like that. I'm looking forward to having a drink and watching the highlight reel later.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

sirtommygunn posted:

As much as I love the idea of coachageddon, somebody has to win the games (see broncos/bears). The bad and underperforming teams will play each other and a few will end up with decent records by the end of the year, even if none of them actually improve.

Or this may occur... :getin:

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

This is straight up pr malpractice lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

haljordan posted:

Did Pickett only get drafted by the Steelers because he went to Pitt?

yeah lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The pick they traded for Chase Claypoool was 17 spots higher than the pick Chase Claypool was originally drafted at

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

sharknado slashfic posted:

Same, hopefully he goes to a non trashfire franchise before the bears completely break him

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
This felt the entire way through like one of those NFC East games the Eagles inexplicably drop. It happens at least once a year. But instead, they get a comeback win, which rules. And Hurts still looks off, but he's also starting to make some of the impressive sorts of throws he was making last year.

There are still tons of miscues on both sides of the ball and the defense outside of the DL is ... questionable ... but I'll take the team being 4-0 while playing B-/C+ ball. They've gotta hammer out some of these things before the middle third of the season, though, because they could easily find themselves back down near .500 in no time flat.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

he should sue the bears

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kalensc posted:

This probably only results in like 4 coaches fired. Lots of first year coaches on that list and then guys like Tomlin and Belichick who have probably earned enough rope to survive a bad year.

Getting to three wins for the Bears also seems impossible.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1708631464152064380

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/itsbostoncream/status/1708589196229951945

The Patriots suck and God is good

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jerryjeudy/status/1708591521757384774?t=58b_Ioletfxxd8TElexfag&s=19

lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

kalensc posted:

Even in this reality the Bears end up with the first pick :lmao:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad the titans won today. I think we should be able to handle the colts next week and the jags are worse than expected by all the media dorks. Welcome back to the winners circle

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

haljordan posted:

Did Pickett only get drafted by the Steelers because he went to Pitt?

They had flashbacks to not drafting local boy Dan Marino.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sono posted:

They had flashbacks to not drafting local boy Dan Marino.

They'll both end up with the same number of rings

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This probably only results in like 4 coaches fired. Lots of first year coaches on that list and then guys like Tomlin and Belichick who have probably earned enough rope to survive a bad year.

Getting to three wins for the Bears also seems impossible.

Home vs Carolina, Week 10
Home vs Atlanta, Week 16
Home vs Arizona, Week 17

I agree that after seeing the Bears implode today I would set the O/U for those 3 games at 1.5 wins max.

However I also saw the Panthers and Falcons play, and the Cards are surprisingly almost-decent but their game vs the Giants was quite similar to the Bears today.

Anyways I was thinking less about the # of coaches being fired, and more about the number of teams that would be essentially eliminated by the first week of December. Spread the misery around.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

haljordan posted:

They'll both end up with the same number of rings

grim lol

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708571444911763907?s=20

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Cowards!!!!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Jesus, that's gorgeous. And with barely more than a flick of the wrist. Yikes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Chiefs are frauds

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1708679868630630438

Gotta love when the refs swallow a whistle on a very blatant rear end holding.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chiefs aren't losing another game this year. Sorry yall gotta bring in those swifties.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Saleh should've punched that worthless poo poo rear end ref right in the mouth

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like that game might have been the Chiefs' Patriots-like heel turn in the eyes of the football world

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

haljordan posted:

Saleh should've punched that worthless poo poo rear end ref right in the mouth

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Mahomes is an ugly man with a full diaper

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Glad Detroit beat the Chiefs before all of the Swifties lent the team their power.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift's relationship was entirely manufactured for the sole reason of getting people to watch this game, the NFL knew the ratings would plummet after the Aaron Rodgers/Pat Mahomes showdown went down the tubes and had to come up with something quick

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

AndrewP posted:

I feel like that game might have been the Chiefs' Patriots-like heel turn in the eyes of the football world

nah, not even close. The Patriots had all their "Patriot way" bullshit that the team and media would absolutely not shut the gently caress up about (The Chiefs have nothing remotely comparable to that), plus a fuckton of getting caught cheating they kept getting caught on and the general existence of Boston sports fans/media, when they turned heel.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chiefs do not look very good this year. They have roughly one good receiver, they unlocked Zach Wilson's hidden ki power, and their defense is at best average. However, they are in the AFC West.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Name Change posted:

Chiefs do not look very good this year. They have roughly one good receiver, they unlocked Zach Wilson's hidden ki power, and their defense is at best average. However, they are in the AFC West.

Cue Mahomes "nobody believed in us" super bowl speech for the 2nd year in a row

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Chiefs defense looked actually good when Zach Wilson wasn't a pass placement god for that drive and a half. I'm not super worried about it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I really like good football plays that are bad gambling breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Shindragon posted:

Chiefs are frauds

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1708679868630630438

Gotta love when the refs swallow a whistle on a very blatant rear end holding.

The call on Gardner was pretty weak but that's not a hold by Donovan Smith. He's just engaged in the block