Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Bloons week was great at heathcliff. Looking forward to next weeks then. Pugs perhaps based on today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft, in which Ed takes some time off from killing colleagues for some yardwork.

I'm just gonna say it: Crankshaft handles fall yard work with a lot more grace than Ted Forth old-man-yelling-at-leaves.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The field is rigged to collapse! I better collapse it!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Green Intern posted:

The field is rigged to collapse! I better collapse it!
[wisely] if the people who want to gently caress with my friends die in An Accident in public and you can't prove I did it that means we both get to eat their corpses and we now have less enemies in the world.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/9-11/51

Archie 4/22-24/48

You have to admire Montana's efficiency in getting six days worth of gags out of "Archie has to wear an oversized baseball uniform."

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Selachian posted:

Pogo 7/9-11/51

Ten cents {10¢} in 1951 is $1.18 today.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I solved Wordle in one guess once. I guessed FEAST on Thanksgiving.

Catchin' up.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Flash Gordon

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

At this point this is just bizarre.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 18: Maggie's Party Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Looks like a piece of vintage Rotastak there, bit of class. I always thought Rotastak was a bit tight on size for a proper hamster. Fine for a little one. But that was the 1990s. Perhaps they’ve got bigger. Like cars have. Aren’t cars BIG these days? And don’t policemen look young?

The magazine in question actually appeared in Steeple 14:

Also it's probably just me, but wouldn't it be kind of offensive to go to a witch convention dressed up as a stereotypical witch in greenface?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I missed a day because work sucks.

Scary Go Round (June 30-July 4, 2003)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Can't wait to be invited to a lemon shark party.

quote:

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

:lmao:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is that what the kids are calling it these days

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

my thoughts exactly.

that is still one of the best scenes. that and Quagmire wanting to get online to show people his cat, and he has to get online NOW because he doesn't want to be the second dude ever to post pics of his cat online.

Ugh Marla in Retail is loving annoying sometimes. I wish the strip was more about Lunker.

gently caress I wish Gill was around still.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for September 29, 1927! Welcome freshmen! Here's some John Held Jr. art while you get settled.

Herb Roth:

Russell Patterson:

Ned Hilton:

LJ Holton:

And one from a guy who's usually working the theater beat, Robert Benchley:

He's not a cartoonist, but boy howdy is he ever a sketch artist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAzXL4Kr320

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

The_Other posted:

Also it's probably just me, but wouldn't it be kind of offensive to go to a witch convention dressed up as a stereotypical witch in greenface?

Do what thou wilt!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Weird Crabgrass coloring today because the usual source didn't update.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe

Powered Descent posted:

To help out anyone who's confused, a popular videogame engine called Unity recently changed its licensing terms to "go gently caress yourself with a cactus" (paraphrased only slightly) so now there's a surge of interest in a competitor, an open-source engine called Godot, which was named after the famous play "Waiting for Godot".

I always appreciate it when a writer does a joke despite knowing that 99% of the audience won't get it, and even that 1% will have to think about it for a second until it clicks. MST3K did this all the time.

Rae the Doe is getting a decent amount of flak lately, some of it deserved, but I will say that the MST3K comparison is pretty spot on when it comes to describing the sense of humor. For better and for worse.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Shoulda ended with "I like stars."

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

By pulling your head out of your loving rear end?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*holds out fist* continue to abuse your wife, Shortie!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Strontium posted:

Dark Side Of The Horse

:hmmyes:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 10/1/03

Brenda Starr 10/18-20/51

Smokey Stover 2/24/57

Everyday Movies 10/28/36

"Don't get yourself so excited, Henry. Sometimes those politicians exaggerate things."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/16-18/42

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

davidspackage posted:

*holds out fist* continue to abuse your wife, Shortie!

Yeah, that part was nuts. I can get Winnie Ha hating his dad who abandoned him and his mom or Two-Guns finding his ex off-putting for parking herself in his old home and assuming he'll marry her. But everything we've seen with Hardy and his marriage was awful that telling him to double-down is just one big :wtc:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Krazy Kat(January 20, 1918)

Bit of a copying error. I managed to fix the bottom panel, (the black bit didn't fill in all the way so I had to touch it up) but there should be a 'no' in the caption.
The next several strips seem fine, even with large black regions, but I'll have to maybe go over and either retouch or re-scan some pages depending on what requires the least effort.
If I must, I can scan in grey-scale, but I really like how the strip looks in black and white.

The Rectangle(Gasoline Alley)(November 24, 1918)

Wikipedia implied that multiple artists worked on these, but I'm only seeing Frank King's signature. Maybe there were multiple pages and each artist had their own page?

Oh God! They don't talk normal! They don't talk normal at all!(June 16, 1907)

Dear god why!?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Can't believe Scarlet finally took a L. :ohdear:

And yeah Hardy's story is some old fashioned oof. Really wish he left the woman who snubbed him at the altar, a "women be gold diggers" would be less awkward than this spousal abuse angle.

Glad Winnie isn't going to give his lovely dad the time of day at least.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Why did she push the button

Greta why did you push the button

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 19, 1959)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Medenmath posted:

Why did she push the button

Greta why did you push the button
People were about to rush onto the ground, which would have collapsed under the combined weight, so she pressed the button to collapse it immediately so they'd stop and not fall in.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Kill Copper Ma on the field of battle baseball

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Green Intern posted:

Kill Copper Ma on the field of battle baseball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

Rae the Doe is getting a decent amount of flak lately, some of it deserved, but I will say that the MST3K comparison is pretty spot on when it comes to describing the sense of humor. For better and for worse.

Rae has all the worst design and motion of any other webcomic, and there's always a Patreon link when it's posted.

For Demons, I am still trying to figure out how a few months of Demon training will equal the years our boys have been away.

edit: Copper Ma can't be killed by any Demon. He needs to fall from a heart attack or something.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 2, 2023

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

complaining that a patreon link gets posted with a comic is maybe the most baffling thing i've ever seen in these threads. god forbid artists get money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
This poster is making extra effort to help an artist! :mad: