Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

They need to ban that push play. It’s awful.

:tutbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was at this game!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really good time!!! I was only at an eagles game once back in 2019 against the Seahawks where we got our asses blown out as Wentz was in decline and it was cold and raining and it sucked I never even saw a touchdown.

This time I saw 3 touchdowns and tailgaited and booed the refs and drank a lot and high fived everyone near me and sang the eagles fight song and kissed my girlfriend and marveled at the fireworks and told her thank you lots (she surprised me with tix on my birthday last week) and I had the best time ever I love my girl so much 😭😭 the end was very stressful but the walk off field goal was hype. I helped a drunk dude but stumble down the stairs

Ttyl in 3 months when we get out of the parking lot

4-0!!!!!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

I was at this game!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really good time!!! I was only at an eagles game once back in 2019 against the Seahawks where we got our asses blown out as Wentz was in decline and it was cold and raining and it sucked I never even saw a touchdown.

This time I saw 3 touchdowns and tailgaited and booed the refs and drank a lot and high fived everyone near me and sang the eagles fight song and kissed my girlfriend and marveled at the fireworks and told her thank you lots (she surprised me with tix on my birthday last week) and I had the best time ever I love my girl so much 😭😭 the end was very stressful but the walk off field goal was hype. I helped a drunk dude but stumble down the stairs

Ttyl in 3 months when we get out of the parking lot

4-0!!!!!

Hell yeah, glad you had a blast. Wild game to be at. I was getting unduly stressed by a week 4 game just on my couch, the atmosphere must have been great.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

^^^ gently caress yeah the vibes were great all around. Perfect weather too.

The first touchdown. I didn't capture that much cuz besides this cuz I didn't want to live this event thru my phone.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813780968192213005/1158102421566918807/20231001_132515.mp4

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

MD2020 posted:

Then they almost did the same thing in OT before getting the yardage back after the intentional grounding call.

I was driving back home during the last minutes of the 4th and missed OT after the mclaurin incomplete catch if I'm honest so I hadn't heard yet about that but lol. NFC East divisionals are either really great games or complete poo poo fests with no in between. This sounded like a great one, too bad about the end but what can you do (besides go for 2)

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

^^^ gently caress yeah the vibes were great all around. Perfect weather too.

The first touchdown. I didn't capture that much cuz besides this cuz I didn't want to live this event thru my phone.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/813780968192213005/1158102421566918807/20231001_132515.mp4

Nah, that's the way to do it, snap a couple of pictures and a quick video to send your friends and jog your memory or whatever. Did you remember to record the game to see how it looked on TV?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*sniffles* that's my cornerback

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
pee pee doo doo what are the cowboys doing in the red zone

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The red zone thing has gone on long enough now to be called a trend/weakness.

On the plus side, Bland is stepping up bigtime in the absence of Diggs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

Ron Rivera is a huge coward for not going for 2 at the end.

Agree

Eagles Defense was tilted

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FogHelmut posted:

Its awful that it makes people sad that they haven't figured out how to stop it yet.

I'd agree if the other 31 teams could do it on the regular. But they can't.

Mind_Taker posted:

Ron Rivera is a huge coward for not going for 2 at the end.

I was actually worried he might and glad he didn't

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Outlaw QB sneaks from the 1 yard line and make it a requirement that the RB vault over the line of scrimmage Walter Payton style, IMO

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd agree if the other 31 teams could do it on the regular. But they can't.

Tom Brady QB Sneak was the most unstoppable play for like 15 years

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only problem with the tush push is people wont stop talking about a nothingburger play that's only good in situations the Eagles would prob get anyway with a HB dive

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Chargers just failed the tush push horribly

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The eagles rugby scrum is cool and rules cause it's 100% about how great the oline is at it and how hurts is a big dumpy daddy with 800 pound squat thrusts. Sorry your soft team can't do it or figure out how to stop it (the trick is good dline that can get low).

It's even better cause it's so close to actual rugby which is a way better sport than football but I can't invest myself in foreign rugby I need that hometown Philly tribalism.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
rugby sucks, sport for dancers, it's so slow and weak that they don't even need pads, lame

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AJ Brown getting a taunt but not Dotson for is some serious bullshit

And Deron Payne was also in the neutral zone when Dickerson got called for it

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 2, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tom Brady QB Sneak was the most unstoppable play for like 15 years

The other 31 teams in the league right now.

But good job going back a decade or more to find a similar example arguing for why a perfectly legit play should be banned. Since I guess two teams in 20 years or some such poo poo are incredibly successful with it and have a team/QB/coach built to execute it.

Some of you guys and many pundits act like it's a broken Madden money play or a WR pick when, in reality, it's built around what the Eagles excel at and are built to do and, god drat, what a shame that the other 31 teams in the league can't run it on the regular since it's so loving easy. YouTube it and see. Christ. I heard some dude arguing for banning the tush push say that kneel downs that run out the clock should be banned also.

If a defense knows what's coming and can't stop it anyway, that seems like football to me, you bunch of loving whining babies. Like that's ALL the Eagles run and is the only reason they're undefeated and went to the Bowl last year or some poo poo.

Here's an idea: keep the Eagles out of 3rd or 4th and short yardage. If you can.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

AJ Brown getting a taunt but not Dotson for is some serious bullshit

And Deron Payne was also in the neutral zone when Dickerson got called for it

I could go off but we won so I'll let it die.

Mostly. Let me have this one as a bit of rules trivia: I've never seen someone attempt to return a fair catch and not get called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

The returner was trying to claim he was blocking out the sun, but that would also be a penalty for invalid fair catch. You can't raise your arm above your head for any purpose except to signal a fair catch.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
One of the dumber arguments I saw came from Nick Wright (whose undeclared-but-quite-obvious hatred for Philly probably earns him a shitload of engagement) who said, essentially, "If there were a play that guaranteed a team four or five yards the way the push guarantees the Eagles one yard, the league would ban it immediately." People are just grasping at bullshit because they hate it works so well for a team they dislike.

It's not some fluke of the rules no other team could ever exploit, it's just something the Eagles happen to have the perfect set of personnel for.

Edit: And yeah I'm not gonna Go Full Euphronius or anything but the officiating today was ... really something else.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Toaster Beef posted:

One of the dumber arguments I saw came from Nick Wright (whose undeclared-but-quite-obvious hatred for Philly probably earns him a shitload of engagement) who said, essentially, "If there were a play that guaranteed a team four or five yards the way the push guarantees the Eagles one yard, the league would ban it immediately." People are just grasping at bullshit because they hate it works so well for a team they dislike.
If there was a play that guaranteed a team one yard the other 31 teams would be running it too.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Watching the Cowboys v Pats highlights and it's STILL weird to me that Dak does that "Here we go" pre snap call and then immediately snaps the ball on the next count. Seems like a good DC could time up the pass rush on that poo poo since he does it every..loving...play. And did it last year

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFJb769c60

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cooper Rush did it a couple of weeks ago also, when he came in at the end of a game.

And then I was watching some other team last weekend, can’t remember who, and their QB was doing it too.

It’s weird to me, too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bray for Cooper Rush. Hes the better QB.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The kelce swift ad campaign is all the evidence I need that the Super Bowl was fixed

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vengarr posted:

Mostly. Let me have this one as a bit of rules trivia: I've never seen someone attempt to return a fair catch and not get called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

The returner was trying to claim he was blocking out the sun, but that would also be a penalty for invalid fair catch. You can't raise your arm above your head for any purpose except to signal a fair catch.

I think they said on the broadcast that the NFL changed this rule a number of years ago.

I think the players and fans (including myself) thought this was still a penalty because it's probably been years since it was last called.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

e: wrong thread

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The only semi-decent argument I've seen against the tush push is they don't allow defenders to push other defenders forward in the name of safety so it's hypocritical to allow offenses to do it. I'm not sure if it actually is illegal for defenders to try pushing the pile the same way but if it is, that is kind of bullshit that one side can do it but the other can't when safety is the stated reason why.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm cool with the defense pushing.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Vengarr posted:

whining about a non-call that had no effect on anything hours after a win

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This unholy swift chiefs State Farm marketing borg is the probably the low point of the nfl. Really underscores how fake the league is

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
lol that people are so broke brained they can’t believe that two people could enjoy each other and want to date.

This isn’t just you, euph. Lots of people are saying this, but I think it’s silly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

She literally has a movie coming out in two weeks

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

The only semi-decent argument I've seen against the tush push is they don't allow defenders to push other defenders forward in the name of safety so it's hypocritical to allow offenses to do it. I'm not sure if it actually is illegal for defenders to try pushing the pile the same way but if it is, that is kind of bullshit that one side can do it but the other can't when safety is the stated reason why.

There's a similar rule about jumping on linemans' back to try and block field goals if I remember correctly

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol that people are so broke brained they can’t believe that two people could enjoy each other and want to date.

This isn’t just you, euph. Lots of people are saying this, but I think it’s silly.

Everything famous people do, that we learn about , is curated to make advertising dollars

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Everything famous people do, that we learn about , is curated to make advertising dollars

I choose to believe that they're just a couple and people cannot shut up about it ala Romo and Jessica Simpson.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

blarzgh posted:

As a fellow hated NFCe thread poster, I have to agree with Blarzgh.

Even IF it started organically, it's deffo being signal boosted by publicists and managers now, in the name of profit.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

blarzgh posted:

This is both true and completely unrelated to euphronius’s babble about the entire league being scripted/fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MD2020 posted:

I think they said on the broadcast that the NFL changed this rule a number of years ago.

I think the players and fans (including myself) thought this was still a penalty because it's probably been years since it was last called.

Ah, makes sense. I didn't have sound.