Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Isn't there like a Title or something for that final tier of the journey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah, cormonds ally or something

of course it’s better to make it Cormond’s Imp

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I will never take off my 'potential trash' title. Unless they make 'the problem' possible.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I don’t see changing off of Sweaty Eater. I also didn’t feel like doing a RNG 1shot Lilith build more than a couple times.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I will never take off my 'potential trash' title. Unless they make 'the problem' possible.

Maybe a Swiftie class will be in the expansion

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

External Organs posted:

Maybe a Swiftie class will be in the expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1188GO4p1E

Despacho
Mar 22, 2023

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm just "The Trash"

Also, to complete the last chapter you need to complete 6 objectives right? Can't see myself getting to level 100 or killing Lillith.

Despacho fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 2, 2023

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I swapped out "potential rubbish" for "rabid gardener" and haven't looked back

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I keep thinking I should log in and grind out some more, maybe finish the season but then I don't because lol goddamn.

Has there been any news about what is coming in S2? Any interesting mechanics or cool poo poo or reason to do it at all?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The firesides are this week aren't they? A lot of QoL is expected and the new season looks like "vampire buffs instead of malignant buffs" but more than one boss. I'll believe the associated questline is interesting and we aren't getting "blood soaked tunnels" when I see it. We don't know yet if they're showing off new gameplay loops, incentivizing all the utterly abandoned content that NMD makes obsolete, or if those bosses are new and interesting encounters with meaningful rewards or they've managed to set up spawn points for Astaroth, Duriel and Andariel, which at least are interesting encounters. The new "meaningful end game activity" is planned for S3, devs words.

So the game will be better but we're waiting to see if it'll still be "hit 70 and lol." I hope they can at least figure out keying glyph XP to whispers, tides, legions, strongholds and world bosses. And that the new pass doesn't use the awful ash system. And ad nauseum the hundred little things wrong with the game.

Loot 2.0 likely can't occur until the first expac but that's already due in 7-8 months. :)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 2, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
First stream is Oct 4th (mostly about season 2 features and QoL changes).

Second stream is October 10th (mostly about character balance changes and unspecified mechanics/system changes).

So we'll probably have a good idea of what season 2 is specifically about on the 4th.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Cyrano4747 posted:

I keep thinking I should log in, but then I don't because lol goddamn. Any interesting mechanics or cool poo poo or reason to do it at all?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

trash/rubbish titles are reddit tier

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mines Brave Vandal.

Go vandals.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

oh hey Diablo 4 patch out early

https://youtu.be/WA82FPpRknE?si=ozXhRWwYqHVJ9oPI

wait this looks different

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

victrix posted:

oh hey Diablo 4 patch out early

https://youtu.be/WA82FPpRknE?si=ozXhRWwYqHVJ9oPI

wait this looks different

I don't get it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What does everyone want to see from these vampiric powers? I know the meme is they're gonna just be the malignant hearts with different graphics, but they must have something else up their sleeves, right?

Maybe a secondary vampiric powers skill tree?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Enemies that, when killed, come back in an empowered vampiric form after a short 5-second animation

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ehud posted:

What does everyone want to see from these vampiric powers? I know the meme is they're gonna just be the malignant hearts with different graphics, but they must have something else up their sleeves, right?

They said it has something to do with modifying existing skills/adding new skills for each class.

Probably a series of "Change X or Y about skill - choose one" for each skill and maybe one new class-specific vampire ult.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tiny Timbs posted:

Enemies that, when killed, come back in an empowered vampiric form after a short 5-second animation

:shuckyes:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Blizz says that the first stream QoL updates are what is launching on day 1 of season of 2, but they are also announcing new major changes and revamps on the second stream and at Blizzcon:

quote:

There is a line in the blog that I've seen some questions on that I want to clarify:

"The Developer Update livestream also details many quality-of-life updates arriving throughout Season 2."

This was being interpreted as if we have quality of life changes coming throughout the season only and not at the start. I will say we have a significant amount of changes coming at the start of the season and we will be talking about that on October 4th. But we are also committing to a bunch more in subsequent updates all throughout Season 2 as well and will share the first one of those on October 10th with that stream and more at BlizzCon.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

exquisite tea posted:

If Sanctuary was filled with rails and half-pipes for your character to grind on instead of the lame horse then all would be forgiven.

Tony Hawk/Diablo crossover

*Tony Hawk*: Build me a skate park Marius, and all is forgiven.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Field Mousepad posted:

I've been a "cutting florist" the whole season.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

An internal 2.0 alpha hit the download servers today:
https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-2-0-on-cdn-hints-at-diablo-4-expansion-335300

At least S3 and the expansion at Blizzcon with a late Spring release?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Have they given any indication for how significant these expansions are going to be and what the price will be?

Because there’s no way they have a significant expac in the pipes this early, but on the other hand I don’t want to pay $30 for a meh dlc.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Yer gonna go kill a prime evil and get set items lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Because there’s no way they have a significant expac in the pipes this early, but on the other hand I don’t want to pay $30 for a meh dlc.
Great news! it'll be $40 and poo poo

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The reason the original game was barebones is so they can stretch out "extra" content over these annual expansions.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

flashman posted:

One for each prime evil and another one to tag team Belial and Azmodan.

Belial and Azmodan up first for obvious reasons. Hope you like face time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am excited to click on them demons

Hauki
May 11, 2010

flashman posted:

are you saying they might include the game's titular villain?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Alphonse Diabolos will probably show in the last xpac, reversing the trend of Diablo never actually being final boss

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

We're gonna make a soul stone for Diablo. Seeking to end humanity, Imperius takes it and jams it into his face. Cue boss music.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Ehud posted:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They said it has something to do with modifying existing skills/adding new skills for each class.

Probably a series of "Change X or Y about skill - choose one" for each skill and maybe one new class-specific vampire ult.

I'd be very impressed if their system allows such flexibility without it being tied to equipment in some way.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ehud posted:

I can't wait for it to be removed by the end of S2, whatever it is. Seriously, removing season content from the game is just absurd. I was kinda rubbing my eyes in disbelief when I read that they are doing it, and it looks like that's what they will actually be doing. Its quite unbelievable, I can't even wrap my head around it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'd like to see more choice than "here's 80% of this system that's a total placeholder, the 19% you'll think about and just keep in your gear at all times so you can't take new gear that doesn't have the matching gem slot, and the one free win we didn't even remotely try to balance." I was pleasantly surprised by some of the functionality of tier one placeholders like +healing under X% of health but I never considered for a second actually slotting in different gems and design like the Barber is a bad joke.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Temporary seasonal gimmicks are fun and can add a little bit of variety to the typical ARPG flow, it just doesn't make much sense to close the book on them when the game itself isn't all that mechanically interesting rn.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Temporary seasonal gimmicks are fun and can add a little bit of variety to the typical ARPG flow, it just doesn't make much sense to close the book on them when the game itself isn't all that mechanically interesting rn.

Theoretically, what they ought to do with Seasons is introduce systems and then implement them into the game permanently (like PoE, a completely f2p game)

What they actually will do is use the system removal "feature" as an excuse to create the most dumb, inch deep and uninteresting systems which noone will actually like, or miss.

That is why I believe Eternal realm is going to be the best realm in the long run.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PoE keeping all the seasonal mechanics is one of the barriers to me enjoying that game. I feel like I'm constantly being introduced to new systems and mechanics and it overwhelms my tiny brain and I just give up.

And then people tell me, "Just ignore that. That's from the season of animal wrathdom. you can tame creatures and fight them in this arena and then enchant your weapon with bevies of necromancy. but if you don't like the necromancy, you can reroll it for a new incantation which you can break down and sprinkle on your boots for movespeed. But you don't need to do that, just ignore it." but then I don't understand the benefit of having all that poo poo in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah it's a dumb decision that a year from launch you'll still be playing vanilla d4 except with whatever 1 milquetoast season addition they add