Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Aye, the parts where you are, just In case being a stupid oval office is contagious.

I was planning on going to Birmingham this week but what if I run into Crystal Themis? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
you don’t mean that. you are just sad because everything is terrible, everybody fun is dead and each and every day things get worse.

^that poor bastard above can’t even afford to go to specsavers

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my outstanding memories of the greater Birmingham metropole are as follows:

-deep fried everything from big johns in shirley.
-loafing around sparkhill which was rough as gently caress.
-rich people live in solihull.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kecske posted:

my outstanding memories of the greater Birmingham metropole are as follows:

-deep fried everything from big johns in shirley.
-loafing around sparkhill which was rough as gently caress.
-rich people live in solihull.

presumably since you posted this you must have managed to avoid any of the no-go zones of instant whitey death

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
moseley, kings heath, edgbaston, selly oak, harborne, digbeth … all quality places.

sparkhill might look scary to visitors but is fine. nechells can be actually scary.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Are you sure the people aren't just hostile to you because you're a stupid oval office?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm told Tower Hamlets has been a no-go zone for the last couple of weeks and they've got a MUSLIM MAYOR, so it must be because of Sharia la-

Sorry Clive, I've been informed it's because the binmen were on strike, so the place just smelled really bad for a while.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Solefald posted:

Man, you two really are unnecessarily hostile.

I mean they post badly but it is possible to scroll past it without resorting to the weakest burns imaginable.

This remains the easiest thread to troll on the forum.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Man this thread has been insufferable for the last few days. I think most of the new posters are probably alright, if not quite left enough, but people should really just stop responding to crystal. I don't even understand why it is they're here, given that they hate this site and everyone on it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I stuck crystal on block ages ago so this threads remained a breezy read to me.

I might just start blocking anyone that advocates voting for a lesser evil. Anyone that sounds a bit liberal can just gently caress off my screen.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

I stuck crystal on block ages ago so this threads remained a breezy read to me.

I might just start blocking anyone that advocates voting for a lesser evil. Anyone that sounds a bit liberal can just gently caress off my screen.

Cspam is that way.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ignore/report are false paths, you must face your posting enemies and uphold e-bushido to attain the perfect rank of forums kensei

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mate if I argued with everybody I wanted to the entire forum would be permanently unreadable.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Rugz posted:

I'll make sure to widen my stance just for you to take up even more space.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Any recommendations on a decent umbrella?

The velcro on my existing one has given up on hooking together. Sidenote: gently caress velcro. Planned obsolescence, goes all lovely and wooly after a years usage.

I want a button clasp, small enough to fit in a shoulder bag (no ridiculous golf umbrellas). Have had a look online, but every bloody one was velcro.

Cheers!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
the thread is easily "trolled" but it's also very likely to tell someone to gently caress off and why without consideration as to whether the bait is ironic or not

that's a good thing, because irony doesn't exist on the internet, and there's not a single "ironic" edgy little racist fucker that's not just an edgy little racist fucker at heart

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mourning Due posted:

The velcro on my existing one has given up on hooking together. Sidenote: gently caress velcro. Planned obsolescence, goes all lovely and wooly after a years usage.

I want a button clasp, small enough to fit in a shoulder bag (no ridiculous golf umbrellas). Have had a look online, but every bloody one was velcro.

Cheers!
I got a fulton one a number of years ago for about £40, which is expensive but it has a button on it to fire it and it's both all plastic so it doesn't rust, but still study so it still works great. It is button clasped but full size with a walking stick handle, they do smaller ones though.

You might get them cheaper from them direct as it was in a department store where I got it so it was probably marked up a lot. But it was exactly what I wanted so eh, might as well have a nice thing if I'm going to be using it.

Only issue I had with it was the rubberized coating went manky after a few years but just scrub it off the handle and it's fine.

Alternatively, could you not add a button to your existing one?

E: this one looks pretty fancy, if you've never had one that fires with a button they're great fun.

https://www.fultonumbrellas.com/mens/windproof-wind-resistant-umbrellas/489/tornado-black/

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 2, 2023

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
Debate and discuss, but only from the accepted position of Marxist doctrine otherwise please go away and leave us alone

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Mourning Due posted:

Cheers!

you can replace the velcro or change it to a button if that's all that's broken

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Seconding Fulton

The one my missus has (hurricane or tornado or something model) is velcro but has lasted years and years so far and still looks brand new (she used to kill a cheap one every year), my buddy who recommended the same one has had one for 7 or 8 years now, they are built to last and the velcro has never been an issue

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mourning Due posted:

Cheers!
If you don’t mind spending a bit Davek do some nice ones with a lifetime guarantee, though I think they do all use Velcro

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rugz posted:

Debate and discuss, but only from the accepted position of Marxist doctrine otherwise please go away and leave us alone

Theres maybe 3 actual Marxists who ever post here. The rest are just different kinds of leftie who mostly don't enjoy "debating" the same shite from drive-by tedious pricks like yourself who burst in with highly original takes like "Gypsies bad" or "trans people in loos" or "landlords good". There is just nothing there to engage with because you don't give a poo poo about your position, the position is prima facie stupid, and there's nothing new or engaging about any of it

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rugz posted:

You're the oval office who's been spamming shite this weekend, who stuck the hair up your rear end? :lol:

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

Just Another Lurker posted:

You're the oval office who's been spamming shite this weekend, who stuck the hair up your rear end? :lol:

I'm not the one telling other people to go away so I guess...nobody has?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Rich from someone with the audacity to say the ultimate bad opinion - that they don’t mind Andy Parsons!!!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rugz posted:

I'm not the one telling other people to go away so I guess...nobody has?

Practically your first "contribution" to the thread was to tell us the system was fine because the cops get to legally make black people "go away".

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

Jedit posted:

Practically your first "contribution" to the thread was to tell us the system was fine because the cops get to legally make black people "go away".

Citation please. Don't worry I'll wait.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Rich from someone with the audacity to say the ultimate bad opinion - that they don’t mind Andy Parsons!!!!

Eventually... and he does indeed put me to sleep as that is why i listen to the Mock The Week vids... tell me that isn't an incorrect outcome? :colbert:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What I've heard is that Rishi has declared Westminster as a no-Bojo-zone.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Rugz posted:

¹:gb2gbs:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

None of this bickering is important compared to the fact that I'm less than 15 miles from ALL the tories.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Here’s a nice poem about the return of Covid to lift the thread’s mood…

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Case of terminal poetic collapse there I think.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Eventually... and he does indeed put me to sleep as that is why i listen to the Mock The Week vids... tell me that isn't an incorrect outcome? :colbert:

No you’re meant to lay awake wondering what Eldritch horrors Parsons gave his soul to to be allowed a spot on telly, slowly going mad. I suppose I can forgive you though, Parsons does weird things to a person

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
while i'm in ideological alignment with most of this thread's regulars, it probably could do with a bit of a challenge now and then, and while most posters have well-functioning bad-faith radars, sometimes a couple of us could take a beat before jumping down someone's throat

but also whatever rugz' intent when they first started posting here, their posts now have as much goodwill and substance as someone posting "keith starmer lol" and are similarly as boring

just in my imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I came around on the artistic merit of poetry after my teenage "poems are lame" phase, but I did not appreciate that poem which more feels like a grauniad column with shoehorned rhymes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Actually op-ed columns would be a lot more bearable if the author was forced to adopt a meter and rhyme scheme.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

Nuclear Spoon posted:

but also whatever rugz' intent when they first started posting here, their posts now have as much goodwill and substance as someone posting "keith starmer lol" and are similarly as boring

Excellent, so I fit right in with the discussion topics I interact with.

smellmycheese posted:

Sir Keith Stumbler…

Blasmeister posted:

Time for Keith to get serious about winning the election and roll coal in a school zone

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rugz posted:

With pleasure, dogfucker.

Rugz posted:

Why? What is the purpose of bodies such as the IOPC if every police interaction defaults to a trial? Funny you mention the other side of the atlantic since the entire ACAB rhetoric that seems to be seeping through is an American import. What you seem to be advocating is an overuse of the judiciary to govern police in some sort of attempt to make amends for previous cases. So I ask you how many not guilty verdicts would you like to see returned before the UK police are free to do their jobs?

Keep killing people and getting away with it?
Mark Duggan - Lawful Killing
Dean Joseph - Lawful Killing
James Fox - Lawful Killing
Richard Davies - Lawful Killing
Jermaine Baker - Lawful Killing
James Wilson - Lawful Killing
William Smith - Lawful Killing
Josh Pit - Lawful Killing
Yassar Yaqub - Lawful Killing
Richard Cottier - Lawful Killing
Sean Fitzgerald - Under investigation
Anthony Grainger - Police found at fault
Sorry but a 'Look at the US it's a slippery slope' argument doesn't wash.

Now, I may be misinterpreting you here due to lack of clarity on your part, but it seems very much to me that you were saying "The system ruled that the police shooting all these black men was lawful, so there's nothing wrong with the system!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

but also whatever rugz' intent when they first started posting here..

If it was only just this thread... :lol: