Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Jedit posted:

With pleasure, dogfucker.

Rugz posted:

Why? What is the purpose of bodies such as the IOPC if every police interaction defaults to a trial? Funny you mention the other side of the atlantic since the entire ACAB rhetoric that seems to be seeping through is an American import. What you seem to be advocating is an overuse of the judiciary to govern police in some sort of attempt to make amends for previous cases. So I ask you how many not guilty verdicts would you like to see returned before the UK police are free to do their jobs?

Keep killing people and getting away with it?
Mark Duggan - Lawful Killing
Dean Joseph - Lawful Killing
James Fox - Lawful Killing
Richard Davies - Lawful Killing
Jermaine Baker - Lawful Killing
James Wilson - Lawful Killing
William Smith - Lawful Killing
Josh Pit - Lawful Killing
Yassar Yaqub - Lawful Killing
Richard Cottier - Lawful Killing
Sean Fitzgerald - Under investigation
Anthony Grainger - Police found at fault
Sorry but a 'Look at the US it's a slippery slope' argument doesn't wash.

"The system ruled that the police shooting all these black men was lawful, so there's nothing wrong with the system!"

Might want to do a quick race check on those people before saying 'all these black men'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

a quick race check

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Break out the Pantone swatches and get back to me :smuggo:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I came around on the artistic merit of poetry after my teenage "poems are lame" phase, but I did not appreciate that poem which more feels like a grauniad column with shoehorned rhymes.

It's like the great william mcgonagall never left us.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Actually op-ed columns would be a lot more bearable if the author was forced to adopt a meter and rhyme scheme.
The meter in that poem

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rugz posted:

Might want to do a quick race check on those people before saying 'all these black men'.

It's OK, someone already did and said one of them was white.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

josh04 posted:

a quick race check

Roll a d20

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DrFrancesRyan/status/1708745154830442958

quote:

Ask an official, and they’ll likely describe the site as a “former care home”, but you’d be hard-pressed to find much care. There are no grab rails in the property. No changing beds for incontinent residents or commodes for those who can’t make it to the toilet. Bathrooms don’t have shower chairs to enable people to wash.

The centre has security guards but no trained care workers. Instead, disabled residents are left to fend for themselves. One young man from Pakistan with cerebral palsy is paralysed and unable to speak, but has not been given a carer. His mum is with him in the centre and does all she can, but she needs knee surgery herself. Buckled by the strain, she’s started to use her son’s walking frame. “His mum sobs and cries all the time,” says Maria Wilby, from the local charity, Refugee, Asylum Seeker and Migrant Action. “A few weeks back, she begged for help on the floor.”

quote:

Try the food in the Essex accommodation and it’s tellingly prison-like: a falafel squashed in a slice of white bread, or a pile of beans in a polystyrene box. I’m told, three residents have become diabetic since arriving at the centre– one has lost two toes.

One woman in her 70s has lost 4kg since she arrived. She’s been boiling instant food in a kettle but with only £8.24 a week for expenses, she can only afford out of date produce. “She’s now knocking on doors [in nearby houses] begging them to cook for her,” Maria says.

The entire article is depressing as gently caress :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They really should bring back hanging for politicians, christ.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

They really should bring back hanging for politicians, christ.

:guillotine: in public for the Tories and make it mandatory that all the others watch :guillotine:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Somewhat says something about how heinous we are as a country that refugees fleeing persecution and death are then being tortured by the government to appease those in our society who would have welcomed the Nazi regime had it come in 2023.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
Thanks for the shiny avatar. I paid it forwards and upped my donation to Barnardo's since you apparently have better things to do with your own money.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jedit posted:

It's OK, someone already did and said one of them was white.

The majority of them appear to be white.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
High velocity slide down the soil pipe continues.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I just pointed out that the "at fault" one was white.

Anyway it's pretty clear trolling you all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I forget what is fox actually mad about? Like generally I know he got in trouble for being a weirdo about a woman on the television but I can't actually remember what his main thing he's mad about is.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1708738228902134036

Guavanaut posted:

High velocity slide down the soil pipe continues.

LMAO, this is great. He'll be on the Alex Jones show by the end of the month.

e: I guess he needs his fix to be on a show with rapists, now he's no longer at GBNews?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I happened past Frances Barber's twitter last night and she was saying Laurence Fox is a good lad who's made some bad choices while Billy Bragg is a dyed-in-the-wool woman hater.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Rugz posted:

Thanks for the shiny avatar. I paid it forwards and upped my donation to Barnardo's since you apparently have better things to do with your own money.

- goon who paid 10 bux to make these posts

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I forget what is fox actually mad about? Like generally I know he got in trouble for being a weirdo about a woman on the television but I can't actually remember what his main thing he's mad about is.

He was never going to better than Inspector Morse... nor Lewis... nor Rose Tyler... face it, he's a sad failure from beginning to end.

edit:

Microplastics posted:

- goon who paid 10 bux to make these posts

Got him on Ignore, what he get?

Well... that's apt. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 2, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Weans. She's turned them against us.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Covid has given me hour+ long repeated bouts of hiccups and they’re driving me loving crazy

They’re worse than the maxed out cold/flu symptoms and the full body ‘10 rounds with Tyson’ ache at this point

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I nice bit of Monday morning schad:

https://twitter.com/ICanSeeForever1/status/1708740095245783536

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

That certainly brightened up my morning after the last link you posted

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
We should exile the Landlords to pitcairn island and then nuke it. Debate me goons convince me why not.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DreddyMatt posted:

That certainly brightened up my morning after the last link you posted

I'm going to have to post a lot more schad/funny links to balance out that article about the care home. I'm a mostly-retired disability activist, so I'm all too aware of the final end plan for people like me if the Tories get their way, but seeing it in black and white like that really punched me hard. The Tories want to make people like this suffer even more than they currently are, hence the push to decimate human rights.

It'll be interesting to find out how much the Tory contractors are being paid to house them. I bet it'll be the same, if not more than it would cost to house them in actual care homes that provide actual care.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

We should exile the Landlords to pitcairn island and then nuke it. Debate me goons convince me why not.

I believe there are puffins on Pitcairn and I don't want to nuke puffins.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Setting off nukes in the Pacific is how we end up with kaiju monsters, and Japan doesn't deserve that.

Use the Shetland isles instead

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

I believe there are puffins on Pitcairn and I don't want to nuke puffins.

i've seen the documentary that's where the terrorists do their plotting

glass the bastards angings too good for em

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Appreciating that anyone who hasn't seen Four Lions would be extremely confused by my post, and that's funnier to me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Where would people live without landlords? Who would you ring when the tap broke? Whose mortgages would we pay?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Terrorist messenger puffins does seem like something the mail would come up with.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Terror Puffins: On Our Shores

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1708797707370832294

It's the only event I've seen posted that has had a queue like this

I bet the next leadership election will end up with her vs Cruella, and of course the Tories will end up voting for the white candidate on principle.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guy in the clerical collar frantically googling "how to exorcise brain worms"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Must be great to be Liz Truss and experience abundant confidence in your abilities and no sense of shame.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This thread needs an IK with a psychotic attachment to the Banhammer like the ones in Trump and Musk. Debate me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Wonder how many of them are just their for the entertainment.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/hoffman_noa/status/1708508656252199268

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Another old tree down, this time a yew in East Sussex.

quote:

It comes after national outrage at the felling of Sycamore Gap tree near Hadrian’s Wall in Northumberland on Wednesday.

Mr Lawrence said: “The yew is in line with some oaks which are in the 700 year old age range. I know there was an ancient hedge row there.

“This is an ancient marker of an old woodland, this keeps happening and no one seems to do anything.

“I tried contacting Rother District Council and tree officer but they do not seem interested.

More likely to be "thing happened while press is in tree mode" than connected, but I wonder which developers stand to benefit.