Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
If you live near chicago, holy poo poo this arcade is insane, Galloping Ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAFyDjGtmHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just beat Six Ages 2, holy gently caress that ending was metal.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Epic High Five posted:

Performance felt like it took a big drop though on the Switch since I last played, still very playable but I don't remember THIS many hitches when I first played it, I wonder if Doomsday introduced some kind of issue or maybe my Switch is just dying

While the Doomsday map is smaller than the main game one, the density of game objects is a lot higher per map chunk and as you have a lot of elevational variety in places, it demands more performance wise when the engine has to render more. So I think your Switch is fine.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Haha, I just realized that was the "I Fought, We Won" battle in Six Ages 2. They really managed to portray that one well.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

they’re joking with the swings on the puppet cop boss in Pinocchio. ridiculous

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1708554132234412169?s=20

How are they playing starfield on the deck?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Xaris posted:

anyways just wrapped up NG+ Liberator ending now. drat that went by hella fast comapred to my first playtrhrough, i think from start of NG+ to the end it was probably like 3 hours of playing. and yeah the Liberator bosses were loving chumps compared to the coral chick for Fires, way way easier and didn't die on any of the final missions

onto NG++ now and then back to Lies of P

Fires is for the challenge and the cool fleet mission, Liberator is for the feels.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tankbuster posted:

How are they playing starfield on the deck?

was wondering the same thing

what I can think of is if they're using GeForce Now, or Xbox Game Pass streaming, or Steam Link, but I don't know if Steam can detect the difference between running it on the device itself and streaming, and even if that still counts, that seems like an awfully high number of people taking advantage of such a thing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
apparently there are ways to do that if you drop down grafix to low.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There's a few potato computer mods, and there's some Intel xe drivers to run on integrated graphics that can do it for Starfield.

Yt search for "eta prime Starfield" has a bunch of results like that.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 12:16 on Oct 2, 2023

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

gradenko_2000 posted:

was wondering the same thing

what I can think of is if they're using GeForce Now, or Xbox Game Pass streaming, or Steam Link, but I don't know if Steam can detect the difference between running it on the device itself and streaming, and even if that still counts, that seems like an awfully high number of people taking advantage of such a thing

I think it would pop up if you were using steam’s streaming deal to play a steam copy, but I don’t think that would get picked up if you were doing anything more creative. I use moonlight to stream my computer to my deck sometimes, but I think that just comes up as “non steam game moonlight.exe” or whatever, regardless of what non-steam game I’m playing.

My guess is that a large number of nerds have a deck and starfield and tried to get it running for an hour or two each, with a small, dedicated, time-generous number of them each doing the work of ten standard people. Or they have a room full of decks tied to dummy accounts all chilling on the start screen, hard to say

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 12:30 on Oct 2, 2023

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

speaking of Stardew, https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1707155027914035542

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I hope that every single person involved in the UC faction quest in Starfield has an ending slide revealing they were summarily executed right after the quest is over.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the deck is good and can play a lot of stuff really well in docked mode

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Many people seem to like this game and I am glad for them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is kind of insane that he's still making Stardew content. That can't possibly be driving sales. I guess it's a labor of love and he's realistically gotten all the money he'll ever need out of it already. Critical support for concernedape

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stardew lootboxes

Stardew subscription that gives you bonus points toward lootboxes

Stardew as a Service

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
just sell it to microsoft for $1 billion and let them do all that stuff for you while you sit in your rotten candy mansion

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stardew but Joja is the good guys now and you get friendship points from the villagers for enabling them to access quality content on Joja Prime Streaming Video

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just sell it to microsoft for $1 billion and let them do all that stuff for you while you sit in your rotten candy mansion
No! No!!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the stardew guy could probably make millions of dollars by selling unique horse hats or letting you buy hats for villagers, but this crazy idiot is just giving away the hats for free!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I dig content but at a certain point it's just like the Terraria guys where I am like... just make a sequel. Pay someone else to do the animation, too

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Free updates while never making a sequel (yet) is still better than the Paradox model

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Stardew Valley and No Man's Sky standing strong against bullshit paid DLC business models while still enjoying strong sales after seven years

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i love stardew but i have played it for hundreds of hours on multiple platforms and i don't want to play it anymore. time to make stardew 2, where you've earned enough money to become a capitalist and your mission is to completely destroy the joja corporation by undercutting them and also killing slimes with a sword

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Scenario where you're a money launderer who's just moved to Stardew Valley and you have to wash millions of dollars in local businesses without turning the community against you before the scary cartel you work for has your family murdered.

STARDEW, COMING SOON TO NETFLIX

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I dig content but at a certain point it's just like the Terraria guys where I am like... just make a sequel. Pay someone else to do the animation, too

Stardew 2 featuring hand-drawn animated cutscenes in the style of 90s-era anime

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He's making the Haunted Chocolatier.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My Lies of P thoughts so far:

I'd heard horror stories about the unofficial prequel known as "Get Gamepass To Recognize My Dualsense Controller" but it worked without a hitch.

More games should have big ponderous opening credits like that.

I'm extremely bad at timed blocks but I'm sure this won't be a critical fundamental part of the game or anything.

The first real boss was substantially easier than that goddamned robot policeman from the tutorial.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's making the Haunted Chocolatier.

no he's not he's making stardew updates

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

docbeard posted:

My Lies of P thoughts so far:

I'd heard horror stories about the unofficial prequel known as "Get Gamepass To Recognize My Dualsense Controller" but it worked without a hitch.

More games should have big ponderous opening credits like that.

I'm extremely bad at timed blocks but I'm sure this won't be a critical fundamental part of the game or anything.

The first real boss was substantially easier than that goddamned robot policeman from the tutorial.

what does the P stand for

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

loquacius posted:

Stardew lootboxes

Stardew subscription that gives you bonus points toward lootboxes

Stardew as a Service

it’s the last one except the words aren’t poisoned by business speak. it really is a service, a good work, and concerned ape keeps it that way.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

what does the P stand for

Porgan

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
disappointing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i was hoping it would be a game about how women are deceivers

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

It is kind of insane that he's still making Stardew content. That can't possibly be driving sales. I guess it's a labor of love and he's realistically gotten all the money he'll ever need out of it already. Critical support for concernedape

its sold over 20 million copies and while I'm sure publishers and porting took a large cut of that, my man is a multi-millionaire several times over. he just likes making the game.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

i was hoping it would be a game about how women are deceivers

that is Dark Souls 1

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

its sold over 20 million copies and while I'm sure publishers and porting took a large cut of that, my man is a multi-millionaire several times over. he just likes making the game.

and imagine how validating it must feel to make basically a thing just for yourself because you love it and have it become a phenomenon that will support you for the rest of your life

it's probably the sort of thing that could short circuit your brain if you aren't fully prepared

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wasnt there some controversy over chucklefish trying to take stardew from him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol, I love that he still works on this game despite him saying he was no longer going to release updates.