Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/inzyrashid/status/1708590495281070102

:stare:

Multiculturalism has failed....

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

Another old tree down, this time a yew in East Sussex.

More likely to be "thing happened while press is in tree mode" than connected, but I wonder which developers stand to benefit.

Farmers really hate nature and animals, they're a bunch of weird freaks and Alan Partridge was 100% right with those things he said.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clearly this is revenge for Operation Yewtree

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Ianbarnes2001/status/1708804461026513341

https://twitter.com/a_toots/status/1708816770931347627

:allears:

e: And here is an ex PM promoting GBNews in her speech

https://twitter.com/hewitson10/status/1708808160645931400

Truss: "We need more economics journalism and we need more GBNews challenging the orthodoxy..."

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 2, 2023

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1708797707370832294

It's the only event I've seen posted that has had a queue like this

I bet the next leadership election will end up with her vs Cruella, and of course the Tories will end up voting for the white candidate on principle.

This might be just doomspeak, but I can kinda see the pieces of this coming into play in the next year.

Truss has already been pushed back into the media to make her a talking point, despite being a colossal failure.

The coverage is actively avoiding bringing up how she gave the economy the equivalent of a hemorrhage.

The tories know they're on the way out. Everything they're doing now is loot and run on turbo mode and ignoring what the mass public clearly want.

From Hancock doing the D list celebrity TV rounds, humiliating himself marginally for hundreds and thousands of pounds, to Sunak and others cosying up to those destroying the environment clearly to set himself up with a future.

Basically, I expect Sunak to be out within the next 6 months. Truss to be put back in. Then we'll see whatever policies put in place to speedily transfer as much money as possible to the 1% happen before the tories are gone.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lol Liz truss is not going to be the prime minister again

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The funny thing is, she actually very easily could be PM again

The racist Tories hate everything there is about Sunak, and I can easily see him booted out before the next election, and then Liz taking the reigns for a few months to set fire to the country before handing it to Keith.

We're on the hell timeline remember.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I can see Truss as Conservative leader but not as PM. Even on a timeline with the tiniest of trains I can't imagine her reinvigorating the Conservatives in opposition.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My idiot brother in law voted for Liz Truss, said she was the 'best person for it' didn't state his reasons.

He grew up in South Africa make of that what you will.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kin posted:

Basically, I expect Sunak to be out within the next 6 months. Truss to be put back in. Then we'll see whatever policies put in place to speedily transfer as much money as possible to the 1% happen before the tories are gone.
I mean we thought that last time, there's no way Boris will be voted back in after the scandals, his mismanagement, austerity deaths etc. The tories are only being so nakedly evil because they know they're not going to get back in. And then they did.

Never underestimate the ability of the establishment to whitewash their own in the leadup to an election.

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
Labour ascendant with a bland, pragmatic leader. Rumblings in Kosovo. The Blairites are back in town baybee, time for a generation of European children called Kerstam.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

NotJustANumber99 posted:

After Liz2 Boris2 will come as a relief

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean we thought that last time, there's no way Boris will be voted back in after the scandals, his mismanagement, austerity deaths etc. The tories are only being so nakedly evil because they know they're not going to get back in. And then they did.

Never underestimate the ability of the establishment to whitewash their own in the leadup to an election.

I agree about Boris Johnson but I think Alexander de Pfeffel stands a chance

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I agree with mr Nosnhoj.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1708808154492870886

MGBA!
MGBA!
MGBA!

I've seen a load of suited tories wear blue caps. I bet they have this on them.

Skull Servant posted:

I can see Truss as Conservative leader but not as PM. Even on a timeline with the tiniest of trains I can't imagine her reinvigorating the Conservatives in opposition.

If Sunak goes before the next GE, then they aren't going to call an early GE if they have a chance of setting fire to everything and stealing the family silver. Liz would be the perfect person for such a job, as she'll sign any piece of paper put her way by her handlers.

The Tories know they are probably now unelectable for a generation, so it's a case of grabbing as much loot while they can while loving it up for everyone else.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Being fair Boris did, in fact, fail to get back in.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

The Tories know they are probably now unelectable for a generation, so it's a case of grabbing as much loot while they can while loving it up for everyone else.
This is just vibes, but I really feel like we're going to get one Starmer government (possibly a lib/lab coalition) that will change nothing, the Tories will make up a bunch of lies and the press will back them up, and they'll be back and fashier than ever at the next election.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hung parliament, Starmer has to make a concession to the Scottish Government (maybe on the Gender ID bill) press will spend a year crucifying him, his government will collapse, then Truss is back baybee.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is just vibes, but I really feel like we're going to get one Starmer government (possibly a lib/lab coalition) that will change nothing, the Tories will make up a bunch of lies and the press will back them up, and they'll be back and fashier than ever at the next election.

I think the issues both parties have is fundamentally neither of them are willing to actually fix the problems. And I'm skeptical of how much penetration the weird fashy stuff will have when it's combined with "deregulate and privatise everything to feed the growth machine" and also when that has the opposite effect.

I think they're both going to be tremendously unpopular for the forseeable future. But of course we still get one of them anyway.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Honestly even expecting them to lose at the next election if they boot sunak out first and go into it with basically anyone else feels too optimistic.

Remember this is the thread that was convinced Corbyn could get the job done and we all know how that story went.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

At least there's no hope being dangled in front of us with the next general election. It's just different levels of the same austerity that we've all known to accept, but now with an accelerated speedrun of fascism being fuelled by all sides. Add to that a nasty economic collapse, our very controlled client media network and the erosion of our rights and protections.... yeah....

:toot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I do think the tories are in a death spiral at the moment and I'm not sure how they recover. Starmer's cuntification of Labour is apparently successfully pulling old school conservatives away and I don't think the dregs still left in the tory party can win an election.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Honestly even expecting them to lose at the next election if they boot sunak out first and go into it with basically anyone else feels too optimistic.

Remember this is the thread that was convinced Corbyn could get the job done and we all know how that story went.

I think by late 2019 we were more or less resigned to getting out heads kicked in, but kept hoping for a miracle anyway because what else was there?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There was a lot of hope going in to 2019 but the way the press circled wagons about Jeremy Holocaustbyn vs Saint Boris the Perfect soon made the outcome pretty undeniable.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If it's Starmer vs Truss somehow then at least I'll have my election night party snacks sorted: wet eggs and lettuce. It'll be quite healthy actually.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was going to say this, but with a Labour majority at the next election, then speedrunning Blair Brown and getting a hung parliament with the Tories as the biggest party and something with plastic bags and libdems.

Basically the same thing over and over again, but faster and stupider each time.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I recall everyone being pretty optimistic about how positive the public was about all of Corbyn's policies, except Brexit. Boris was actually getting a ton of poo poo before the election and when he was hiding in a fridge to avoid having to speak to journalists it really did look like he had no chance.

Unfortunately, his strategy of hiding was actually successful since all anyone voted for was "getting Brexit done" and nothing else about him was open to scrutiny.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How many more elections do we get before Capital decides we can't afford to change government every two years?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Worst result prediction from an idiot: one term of Starmer / libs, one term of lib / con, then conservatives again forever.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Nephthys posted:

I recall everyone being pretty optimistic about how positive the public was about all of Corbyn's policies, except Brexit. Boris was actually getting a ton of poo poo before the election and when he was hiding in a fridge to avoid having to speak to journalists it really did look like he had no chance.

Unfortunately, his strategy of hiding was actually successful since all anyone voted for was "getting Brexit done" and nothing else about him was open to scrutiny.

There was definitely a lot of hope. That election night ended up being one of the worst of my life; not just defeat, but utter annihilation. John McDonnell having to keep it together on live TV as the exit poll came in... Man. I've never had my dreams just crushed like that before.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Be this the whetstone of your sword. Let grief Convert to anger. Blunt not the heart, enrage it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunately I have not yet discovered a way to convert pure hatred into making people's heads explode.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol this is how the beeb opens their article on it

best known for his popular books, mr irving's views on modern history have led to him being accused of antisemitism

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus Christ Lol

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1708805123261055112?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Was the attack close to miiiiidnight, by any chance?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a deep one.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sex attackers using Big Head Mode from Goldeneye 64.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Chris Pincher made anime real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just found out that there are no go zones for black pensioners

https://twitter.com/Shiikane/status/1708778202544386521