Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

upright freezer

Hell yeah brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Nooner posted:

11 pubic foot

Oof, your poor SO

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

pencilhands posted:

Bagel noob here. I usually get thomases. How do I get good bagels

I live in western ma if that helps

If you find yourself driving into Boston in the morning, you can go to Katz Bagels for S-tier.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Nooner posted:

Went to church today to get some babby clothes and eggs and coffee creamer.

Walked out with a 11 pubic foot upright freezer for $375 after tax gently caress me

If that's the Hamilton Beach we bought one and it was a dud. Very disappointed

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

If you find yourself driving into Boston in the morning, you can go to Katz Bagels for S-tier.

noted, ty fellow goon

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Woodsy Owl posted:

Kirkland paper towels no longer come individually wrapped. While that may be good for the planet, it sucks to have paper towels get slowly moist in storage. PNW is a bitch for that.

Rather the planet take the hit on this one because it’s such a bad idea for a paper item bought in bulk and kept in storage.

I switched to Bounty a while ago anyway because Kirkland quality is poor.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Buy the big pack of costco kitchen rags.

Use those instead of paper towels. Wash them as they get dirty.

There. fixed the problem. I haven't bought paper towels in like 3 years now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We did switch to using towels and rags for a lot of things but we already have to do a fuckload of laundry so we use paper towels for pet messes and other gross things to avoid having them sit around in a hamper.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

silicone thrills posted:

Buy the big pack of costco kitchen rags.

Use those instead of paper towels. Wash them as they get dirty.

There. fixed the problem. I haven't bought paper towels in like 3 years now.

Hell yeah to this plan. Having a big pack of Terry cloth is the ideal. Dirty, wash, too dirty? Toss.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

StormDrain posted:

Hell yeah to this plan. Having a big pack of Terry cloth is the ideal. Dirty, wash, too dirty? Toss.

I use em for everything including pet messes and honestly even after like 5 years total? in use I haven't had to throw any away. I've bleached the stains out of them twice. Eventually when they do get bad enough ill use em as paint rags.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

Tiny Timbs posted:

Rather the planet take the hit on this one because it’s such a bad idea for a paper item bought in bulk and kept in storage.

I switched to Bounty a while ago anyway because Kirkland quality is poor.

Have you considered a plastic tub and a bunch of silica gel?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeusIgnis posted:

I swear, Costco intentionally designs their parking lots so poorly. It’s always like a mad chaos just to get a parking spot.

It's not the design, its the people who don't just park at available spots, and instead stop in the middle of the lane waiting for someone to load up their car.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Woodsy Owl posted:

Kirkland paper towels no longer come individually wrapped. While that may be good for the planet, it sucks to have paper towels get slowly moist in storage. PNW is a bitch for that.

As a native of the PNW, I'd say if that is an issue (and you're talking about in-house storage and not like a shed or storage unit) then I'd say you should check the indoor humidity and consider a stand-alone dehumidifier. Even in the same town I've had different dwellings be on both extremes of too damp or too dry. For the too damp places having an actual dehumidifier made a huge quality of life difference. Especially once I figured out that you do actually want some level of indoor humidity and don't set the dehumidifier to "desicate."

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I heard that costco makes a delicious pumpkin cheesecake and I'm waiting for it to come back

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This is my favorite season because I think "blumpkin" every single dang time somebody says or writes "pumpkin"

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Woodsy Owl posted:

Definitely would have preferred the toilet paper route; wrap in packs of 2 or something.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

About 50% of the time these wines that go on sale are sour. The $10 down to $5 Hook or Crook usually tastes better than these $20 bottles that go on sale for $10.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is costco bad for tires or something their tires cost an 8 piece

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Yeah they're really bad for tires..no warranty

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah they're really bad for tires..no warranty

Wrong.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

From what I'm seeing, "on paper" they cover tires for 5 years against running over a nail or the sidewall delaminating.

In practice I see a lot of people bitching on Youtube and such about how lousy the claims process is. Maybe that's just a vocal minority, or maybe the zoomers at the tire center counter are instructed to be stricter about it to save the company money, I have no idea. Any recent goon anecdotes?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MuadDib Atreides posted:

No, but the tire center might be bad where you are. It's always that, the specific tire center. Mine is quite good, but others have posted about how theirs is bad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco tire is good if you just have "an car" and just want whatever OEM tire it came with.

Anyone who has aftermarket fitment or wants more selection of performance tire brands usually go to a local shop.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Anecdata: My brother recently ran over a nail and costco patched it without complaint

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Chinatown posted:

Costco tire is good if you just have "an car" and just want whatever OEM tire it came with.

Anyone who has aftermarket fitment or wants more selection of performance tire brands usually go to a local shop.

Or, in my case, bring them loose wheels and they go "sure boss!" and put whatever you'd like on them. I absolutely do not expect anyone else to do this, but my atypical amount of tires I buy and what I put them on means I don't mind doing this at all.

Can't beat the price and can't beat the fact that it applies to my executive membership bonus. Maybe you need to buy more tires :colbert:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought tires from Costco recently and got a nail in one within a month and had to get it replaced and they charged me like 2/3 on a new price even though it was still totally under warranty or whatever because the damage was so bad they had to replace instead of patch. I would not ever buy Costco tires again just go to America's Tire Co they don't pull that bullshit

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tire shopping right now - Costco's selection is really small.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Anecdata: My brother recently ran over a nail and costco patched it without complaint

Yeah but this has a lot to do with where the nail is. Sidewall and you are hosed.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah but this has a lot to do with where the nail is. Sidewall and you are hosed.

Well, it says if you get a nail puncture they'll plug it, and if it's something they can't repair like a torn sidewall, they estimate the percentage of remaining usable tread on the tire, and credit you for the purchase price of that tire, minus the percent you wore out:

https://tires.costco.com/RoadHazardWarranty?lang=en-us

The last time I got tires it was a super deal for some continentals on Amazon (they literally just taped mailing labels to each individual tire and put them in the mail like that, lol), but I can install and plug my own tires. If you or your significant other is mechanically useless then you might want to stick with Costco.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
It really, REALLY depends on your specific Costco. Tires is one place though where Costco isn't just the automatic correct answer. Tires are tires are tires, and how they get installed is all that matters.
There are no Kirkland whitewalls.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t like how Costco tires smell.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
I was buying Bounty over Kirkland since the Kirklands became incredibly thin, but switched back to the Kirklands after Bounty started smelling like wet wood when soaked with water. Then I switched back to Kirkland. Guess it's time to switch back to Bounty. Costco is slipping.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I just had a puncture repaired at Costco under warranty. Went super smooth except I got there at open and it took nearly 2 hours. It was a nice day so I walked to a coffee shop a mile away and still had time for a leisurely Costco run I wasn’t expecting to take.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Woodsy Owl posted:

I was buying Bounty over Kirkland since the Kirklands became incredibly thin, but switched back to the Kirklands after Bounty started smelling like wet wood when soaked with water. Then I switched back to Kirkland. Guess it's time to switch back to Bounty. Costco is slipping.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Costco doesn't carry the good paper towels so that's one thing I usually buy elsewhere, like Target.

My Mom gets hers from Costco and I don't remember them smelling like anything other than mediocre paper towels, which is appropriate.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i wanna say the bounty towels they sold at costco used to be a good, super absorbent kind until right around when the pandemic started and initial shortages started hitting. theyve been thin and shoddy ever since

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My Kirkland PTs and TP has always been good, huh

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had to deal with a destroyed tire about a month ago. Sidewall completely destroyed. I wasn't driving when it broke so I don't know how it happened and I was prepared to walk in and have to buy a new tire for full price of $200, or worse a full set since these had maybe 5-10k miles on thrm. Instead I paid $45 as it was covered by warranty. Basically the cost of mounting an balancing a tire in my area with tax.

They were friendly and easy to deal with. Had a tire brought over, called me when it showed up to set the appointment. No extra charges.

They also recently decided to eliminate the seperate charge for mount and balance and just have it as part of the price of tires. Which I think is a risky business move, as people will see higher price initially but lower in the end. Time will tell.

So in short yes they have a warranty and as someone above said, the performance is likely variable from tire center to tire center. Seems line corporate doesn't have the same system of consistency as they do for the rest of the store.

I also think that people are generally ignorant about cars and unless they either work on them or are interested in the mechanics of it, they feel the entire sense of maintence to be a burden and that everyone is out to get them. Nearly everyone in America has a car so they all get an opinion when a tire blows out.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I can't even get tires from Costco for my old rear end van, but my wife and kiddo are driving around on little clouds of nitrogen from church. They even fixed my kid's TPM system.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Picked up a package of the pre-seasoned pork ribs and they were pretty good for $4.50/lb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Skip the baked mozzarella pepperoni snack bites. They are crispy and very unpleasant.