Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Testekill posted:

Bring back broke and miserable Baron Corbin, that was his best character.

they should let him be UUDD Corbin, that guy is surprisingly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sad Corbin did have the career highlight of getting shot in the dick by Shotzi's tank for no reason after begging Kevin Owens for $200 so that was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpZCNibtJz4

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Suplex Liberace posted:

that was cool but i was hoping for a remake of the no mercy intro video

My thoughts exactly.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

At the very end of the show, they cut from Becky celebrating to Carmelo in the back, talking to Williams. It did seem like he was leaving from their interaction.

They had Carmelo staring at the title too much, I guess they're gonna have Carmelo turn on Trick out of jealousy. There's a handful of people like Tylre Bate, Breakker and the Creed Brothers who should have probably been called up by now as they've done pretty much everything in NXT but there really isnt that many newer talent coming up from developmental to move the more over nxt acts over to the main roster.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 1, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ilja is such a great and unique wrestler. He just wrestles like he's going to legit destroy you.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE doesnt have enough big bastard wrestlers for them to properly beat the poo poo out of Ilja in NXT. Dudes so good at fighting from under too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Becky kicks rear end that is all

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My head hurts 😭

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Becky kicks lass that is all

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol I just remembered when they released that shirt that just said lasskicker on it with zero context

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ilja v Darby is my masochism dream match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE doesnt have enough big bastard wrestlers for them to properly beat the poo poo out of Ilja in NXT. Dudes so good at fighting from under too.

Honestly, Ilja being the guy to finally beat WALTER for the IC wouldn't be the worst idea. Or are people still deluding themselves into thinking they're actually gonna pay off the Gable thing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*GUNTHER

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, Ilja being the guy to finally beat WALTER for the IC wouldn't be the worst idea. Or are people still deluding themselves into thinking they're actually gonna pay off the Gable thing?

This would be perfect but I can’t see them having the patience to keep the title on Gunther long enough to get Ilya up to the main roster now that Gunther’s reign has the record length.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They shouldn’t pay off the Gable thing he’s small and goofy and his kids crying was the payoff and quite satisfying. Walter rules

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Important:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwD-C8lwVUA

Baron Corbin is the new American Badass

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't think I've ever seen a man more uncomfortable on a bike in my life

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Julio Cruz posted:

He walked the bike around the ring so slowly. It's impossible to make it look cool when they do it so why not park it at the end of the ramp?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Is his name "Burn the Ships" Baron Corbin now?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Julio Cruz posted:

they should let him be UUDD Corbin, that guy is surprisingly funny

This is good and true.

Baron Corbin, just pissing about having fun with his video game playing mates is surprisingly charismatic, charming and fun.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
did baron corbin join atomwaffen

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I was ringside for Ilja vs. Walter vs Bad Bones at 16 Carat Gold in 2018 and it was the best thing I've ever seen live. They should just do Ilja Walter until one or both dies from internal injuries sustained in beating the poo poo out of each other.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

projecthalaxy posted:

Important:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwD-C8lwVUA

Baron Corbin is the new American Badass

lol this poo poo is so pathetic.

It's just like vince101 that some guy tries to be a loving BAD rear end BIKER and looks like a complete clownshow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's cool

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

I have. In a mirror.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

baron corbin the half-cut hero

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ties into Jade's public comments (and private insistence) that it wasn't about the money, she was going regardless because she dreamed of Mania (and supposedly Hollywood, which this gives her a better opportunity at)

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1708735765453414794

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Corbin rules but there's only one good biker-wrestler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdK4vaeLBIQ

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Ties into Jade's public comments (and private insistence) that it wasn't about the money, she was going regardless because she dreamed of Mania (and supposedly Hollywood, which this gives her a better opportunity at)

Everyone knew she was vincebrained from the start

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jade looks like a good fit for WWE. I have no problem with her getting as much money for doing the least amount of work. Hell I would if I could. Kevin Nash knew.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jade loving rules and on paper she should be perfect in WWE, but it's inevitable that Dunn or Hayes complains to Vince that she's too muscular and then the wheels fall off entirely. And she seems 100% like someone who Charlotte would politic against backstage. I hope she gets the booking she deserves but everything about the internal workings of WWE when Vince is involved makes me think this is going to fall very hard eventually.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jade loving rules and on paper she should be perfect in WWE, but it's inevitable that Dunn or Hayes complains to Vince that she's too muscular and then the wheels fall off entirely. And she seems 100% like someone who Charlotte would politic against backstage. I hope she gets the booking she deserves but everything about the internal workings of WWE when Vince is involved makes me think this is going to fall very hard eventually.

It doesn't help that Vince is himself both very racist and very sexist, with a clear preference for how he wants women to look. Jade looks amazing by any sane person's standards, but unfortunately a sane person isn't in charge of WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol I did not think Tony raised his offer to her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Bianca is black and jacked and she beat Becky clean for the women's title and held it a long time. I read that her reign wasn't considered great and I will never argue against Vince's racism or sexism but there's at least a precedent now

My biggest concern for Jade is that she'll just be treated like Bianca 2

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know why but I get the feeling Jade is going to be one of those exceptions and booked well for WWE - someone like AJ or Sami and Owens are now.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE, well known for its total support and lack of interference when it comes to their Independent Contractors looking for film roles

like even Roman only got twenty seconds of screen time in a movie with Dwayne

Shard posted:

I don't know why but I get the feeling Jade is going to be one of those exceptions and booked well for WWE - someone like AJ or Sami and Owens are now.

could be a rerun of the 99 Jericho debut. "look what we could do for you over here" effect

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Jade looks like a good fit for WWE. I have no problem with her getting as much money for doing the least amount of work. Hell I would if I could. Kevin Nash knew.

She’s actually getting less money since Tony offered more.

All the “be happy for people making more money” hand wringing from 2 days ago was for nothing!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whoolighams posted:

could be a rerun of the 99 Jericho debut. "look what we could do for you over here" effect

Buried by the rock immediately and then sent to midcard hell?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

She’s actually getting less money since Tony offered more.

All the “be happy for people making more money” hand wringing from 2 days ago was for nothing!

WWE might have matched the increased offer, you never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Jades just looking into Hollywood which isn’t a bad decision to get your foot in the door through WWE. But unless all she wants to do is star in a WWE production of the Marine 20, she needs to take some acting classes.