Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

quote:

X, formerly known as Twitter, has signed a first-of-its-kind deal with celebrity Paris Hilton centred around live shopping and other exclusive content, as chief executive Linda Yaccarino attempts to revive the platform’s fortunes.

The two-year deal required the American socialite to work with X to create four original video programmes per year including for its nascent live shopping space, the company said. Hilton would also produce content on other X mediums such as its Spaces audio feature, it added.

A revenue-sharing agreement had been struck between Hilton’s 11:11 Media company and X, the social media platform added, describing the financial arrangement as “attractive” for both parties.

On Thursday, Yaccarino is set to meet bankers at Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Barclays, MUFG, BNP Paribas, Mizuho and Société Générale — the lenders that bankrolled Musk’s takeover of the platform — to lay out her vision for the company.

Social media groups including TikTok have recently invested in live shopping features in the west following success in Asian markets. However, Meta and YouTube’s experiments have met with only limited success as western consumers remain unfamiliar with the format.

X, when still called Twitter, made a foray into live shopping in 2021 that gained little traction, and now has a product allowing users to watch, talk, and shop all in the same window. The company said that while watching a livestream with Hilton on X, users would be able to browse a catalogue of products and then click through to the site selling the goods to make a purchase via its in-app browser.

X said it would work to help Hilton secure brand sponsorship for each of her programmes on the platform, including the live shopping. Her regular videos would focus on topics such as Halloween, music, motherhood and cooking, X said, while Hilton would also help the company promote new consumer products and feature releases.

snipe

maybealabia posted:

You have 37 pages of posts itt lol

what about idiot king don't you understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow, Paris Hilton

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ben shapino posted:

Considering who some of the mods tried to "gently caress with" in the past I'd say it's a huge improvement

this is an aatrek joke, right? if so, lol

shyduck posted:

Wow, Paris Hilton

genuinely surprised x has enough clout to get a d-list celebrity

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The one way to stop the man who spent 42 billion dollars on Twitter: sue him and win a small fraction of money

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bip Roberts posted:

The one way to stop the man who spent 42 billion dollars on Twitter: sue him and win a small fraction of money

Got any other ideas, genius? Be specific.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

shyduck posted:

Wow, Paris Hilton

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

*infinitely long wet fart sound*

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i would tell that dude's lawyer to shut the gently caress up and stop posting so much

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i would tell that dude's lawyer to shut the gently caress up and stop posting so much

and that's why you'd lose

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

music?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

don't doubt her vibe

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Cheering Paris Hilton to complete the hat trick after killing Von Dutch and NFTs through her endorsement

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

With her finger on the pop culture pulse you would never believe Linda is 59 years old

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol I like the direction this thread has taken, let's get the goons!

Also is elon really that bad guys? I mean cmon!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol I like the direction this thread has taken, let's get the goons!

Also is elon really that bad guys? I mean cmon!

no, he's good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I love a launchpad for new initiatives

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

webcams for christ posted:

snipe

what about idiot king don't you understand?

Wow 4 whole videos per year? From Paris Hilton herself?? Reactivating my account right now

Linda Yaccarino ftw

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

doubt it'd come to anything but if the lawsuit is responsible for any significant reputational or financial damage to musk, it was caused by the doge designer twitter account

https://twitter.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1708859864871489822

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

even at the absolute height of her relevance paris hilton was not 'queen' of any of these things why does yakko think she is anywhere even close to one in 2023

this some real 'hello fellow kids' poo poo

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

even at the absolute height of her relevance paris hilton was not 'queen' of any of these things why does yakko think she is anywhere even close to one in 2023

this some real 'hello fellow kids' poo poo

you're allowed to say things even if they're not true. you even get paid to do it if you're CEO. Linda stays winning in 4 inch heels, standing room only and the energy was real.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

doubt it'd come to anything but if the lawsuit is responsible for any significant reputational or financial damage to musk, it was caused by the doge designer twitter account

https://twitter.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1708859864871489822

At least this person didn’t retain Lynn Wood.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shyduck posted:

I love a launchpad for new initiatives

hopefully this one works out better than the one that sprayed concrete chunks all over a wildlife preserve

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
#Sliving

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Three cheers for Elon Musk! Hip-hip hooray!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

He's trying to butter up the GOP to keep them running interference for him. "Keep launching investigations into people I claim are wronging me and I'll promote your bullshit political narratives", that kind of thing.

Additionally in Texas the state Republicans have been heavily targeting anything power-related that is not oil an natural gas, and that threatens Elon's "giant battery that only sometimes explodes" project that would print money on the underregulated independent Texas power grid. He's probably working the refs to try and get them to exclude his battery projects from the crazy fees that they are placing on solar and wind.

Or it could just be his completely inscrutable political beliefs that are a complete mystery to everyone.

Putting way too much thought into it - he's a dumb guy who believes dumb vile things and wanted to look like he was part of the final solution to an imaginary problem.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

whomever wrote this for her really managed to capture the no doubt vibe, and it almost sounds good, if only theyd hired a better shadow singer. i 100% believe paris is doing her best milli vanilli impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mj776YiPCU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There is a sliver of hope this will all be extremely hilarious

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

shyduck posted:

There is a sliver of hope this will all be extremely hilarious

They'll just settle out of court. The wording makes it clear that the case hinges on Musk tweets having a large influence, and I just don't see Elon wanting to have that be scrutinized in court.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

The fact that Paris Hilton has released more full-length albums than me is for sure my greatest shame.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Modal Auxiliary posted:

The fact that Paris Hilton has released more full-length albums than me is for sure my greatest shame.

in your defence, you probably cant afford to hire top-tier writers, producers, musicians, and singers to do all of the hard work for you

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Aramis posted:

They'll just settle out of court. The wording makes it clear that the case hinges on Musk tweets having a large influence, and I just don't see Elon wanting to have that be scrutinized in court.
I agree with this but I'm talking about more the possible blowback on that Doge Designer creep. There's a possibility that Elon will unfollow him and that guy will have a meltdown

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I'm aware of Hilton's discography but Yacc calling her "The queen of ... music" needs to be posted far and wide into the Beyoncé & Taylor Swift fandoms lol

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

shyduck posted:

I agree with this but I'm talking about more the possible blowback on that Doge Designer creep. There's a possibility that Elon will unfollow him and that guy will have a meltdown

im not unconvinced that doge designer isnt a sockpuppet

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/samsheffer/status/1708691918795001930

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Hey whaddya know, still looks like dogshit.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Love how starkly handprints show up on the doors

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

rotinaj posted:

Love how starkly handprints show up on the doors

there's a whole-rear end group of people who own DeLoreans that ended up painting them because the upkeep on the stock finish is insane

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

#Sliving

Guys. We're sliving.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

there's a whole-rear end group of people who own DeLoreans that ended up painting them because the upkeep on the stock finish is insane
I knew a guy who owns one and outside of maybe a few times a year it lives in a garage under a car cover