Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bianca is black and jacked and she beat Becky clean for the women's title and held it a long time. I read that her reign wasn't considered great and I will never argue against Vince's racism or sexism but there's at least a precedent now

My biggest concern for Jade is that she'll just be treated like Bianca 2

"The exception that proves the rule" seems like it's a pretty appropriate statement here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

Buried by the rock immediately and then sent to midcard hell?

Jericho was the first Universal champion or whatever it was called the first time they unified the WWE and WCW belts

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"The exception that proves the rule" seems like it's a pretty appropriate statement here

That's fair

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

undisputed champ. it was pretty cool they let him beat rock and austin in the same night but then he was the third wheel in his own feud because it was mostly hhh against stephanie

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm cautiously optimistic for Jade. She looks and acts like a star. It would be difficult to mess her up unless she all of a sudden stops improving in the ring or they deliberately screw her over. Both are possibilities.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bianca is black and jacked and she beat Becky clean for the women's title and held it a long time. I read that her reign wasn't considered great and I will never argue against Vince's racism or sexism but there's at least a precedent now

My biggest concern for Jade is that she'll just be treated like Bianca 2

Has a pretty good run with Vince gone, drops the belt a little while after he gets heavily involved in tv again. Wins the belt again only to drop it on a cash in 90 seconds later. Takes extended leave of absence.

I mean, it could be a coincidence. Or it could be usual Vince bullshit.

WWE loves to gently caress with people. Especially people of color. They get off on making people do dumb poo poo just to prove they have power.

Jade is an incredibly strong black woman whose partner made over $100 mil playing baseball. She doesn’t have to take even the smallest amount of poo poo and she’s in a company that loves giving tons of poo poo just because it can.

I really hope it works out but I have like 2% reason to think it will.

Also, the worst thing you can do if you’re a WWE talent who wants to do movies is say that you want to do movies because now they won’t let you do poo poo and they’ll bury you because they’re afraid you’ll pull a Rock/Cena.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think my new cope is that dana or emanuel or someone will see how much of a star jade is and force vince to not be vince about it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Jericho was the first Universal champion or whatever it was called the first time they unified the WWE and WCW belts

What does that have to do with his debut

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

undisputed champ. it was pretty cool they let him beat rock and austin in the same night but then he was the third wheel in his own feud because it was mostly hhh against stephanie

That's what I mean when I say booked well for WWE. I don't think WWE thinks they ever booked Jericho poorly. To them they are like he main evented wrestlemania, he was first undisputed champion what more do you want. And the more we wanted was be the focus lol.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

What does that have to do with his debut

You said he got immediately buried in the midcard and he did not

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he debuted in '99 and spent 2.5 years feuding with chyna and jeff jarrett

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

his debut was in August 99

his undisputed title win was in December 2001

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I mean you dont even have to go that far. He debuted by owning the rock and then less than one human week later was evenly feuding with Sweatpants Road Dogg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are you confusing “immediately” with “permanently” or something?

He eventually made good but right off the bat he was hosed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol why did they have Jericho go psycho by kidnapping Chyna and breaking all her fingers and then they teamed up later?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Jericho's 1999:

August 9: debuted
SummerSlam: not booked
Unforgiven: lost to X-Pac by DQ
Rebellion (UK-only PPV): pinned Road Dogg
No Mercy: not booked
Survivor Series: pinned by Chyna
Armageddon: beat Chyna by submission

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 2, 2023

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

One thing to keep in mind with Jericho. He’s real fuckin good and could power through all the bullshit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
WWE has a very long list of people from over the years who were widely viewed as can't miss, obvious stars in the making, that they proceeded to completely drop the ball with every single time. Jade is no different in that regard; even if she gets a big push upon her debut, sooner or later Vince is going to cool on her for whatever reason and then she'll be consigned to parity booking hell (or worse).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Jade video package that aired on Smackdown said a “Storm was brewing” or something along those lines, so I think Jade as Storm is the ultimate goal for Jade/WWE.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle her. Cody got pushed harder than most of the roster after returning. If they book Jade harder than most of the women it really could send a message to the locker room that they need to make themselves a star elsewhere before WWE will care.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

You did not watch anything between his debut promo and his undisputed title win, huh

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
WWE could bungle Jade's booking from the start and WWE fans would still insist it's good and better than her time with AEW. So who cares really.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when natayla farted

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

WWE. So who cares really.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has there ever been a fart wrestler? Not a farting wrestler, but an actual fart.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has there ever been a fart wrestler? Not a farting wrestler, but an actual fart.

Pete Gas.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gavok posted:

Future Hall of Famer Pete Gas.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

Pete Gas.

hahahaha drat right off the dome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

that little fucker in AEW

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gavok posted:

Pete Gas.

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Otis had a farting gimmick but he left it in a wwe netflix show

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gonna have to narrow it down

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams posted:

gonna have to narrow it down

Probably Nick Jackson, he's the most hosed fucker

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You’re all elite?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Remember when nia jax broke her hole

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

rotinaj posted:

Remember when nia jax broke her hole

That truly was a MOMENT

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

That truly was a MOMENT

Where did it fall on the top 100 WWE OMG moments

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

You’re all elite?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Buried by the rock immediately and then sent to midcard hell?

Also interrupts a really boring, nonsensical promo that involves motorcycles, cannibalism, lizard boots and snake ties, yet is somehow inexplicably boring as poo poo, and then gets told off for it?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A quote from Kevin Nash about whether HHH is on the outs.

Big Sexy Hooonk hooooooonk posted:

My phone blew up because I guessed it must have come out around three or 4:00. My phone blows up. And I'm thinking, Oh, God, who died?.... Wrestling news or whatever, I'm opening it up. I haven't talked to Paul in a week. So I'm thinking like, well, I don't know. I'm pretty sure if the divorce was considered to be filed, it might have been something we talked about. I guess that was more important at that point, So I texted Paul. I said, ‘You okay? Everything all right? I’m here if you need anything.’ He’s just like, ‘What’s happening in my life?’ I said, ‘Social media says that you’re splitting with Stephanie and you guys are getting a divorce.’ He responds to me, ‘F**k it, I wish somebody would have told me that before I get dragged to this JV football game and my girls’ f***ing cheerleading!'”

He says, ‘I just love to find out about what's going on in my life through the internet.’ And I'm sure that probably that would upset me because he finally probably has a day off where he's it's family time and it's just like, ‘No, man.’ It's like some trolls got to gently caress with you on your on your off day. He's going to see his daughter in the game. Cheering in the game. Steph, probably that morning, said, ‘You're going to go into that shithole today. Are you going to come to the game, Paul?’ And yeah. And then you got to deal with life in the public eye, right? I mean, what are you going to do?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Why wouldn’t he go to his daughter’s game if he was divorced? Sounds like Paul is dodging the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Jade has star power but Tony also bent over backwards to make her look good, even through bizarre missteps. WWE could get entirely behind her, but they could equally just decide to give her a random gimmick change, or a This Is Your Life segment, or choo choo noises as she runs around the ring.

AEW was willing to build a bubble around her for years, I think WWE will put her in an environment where she’ll have to overcome looking like a chump. She could do it but people will declare her done along the way.