Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
saw this in the Switch thread in Games lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
It's very funny to me that people on reddit keep asking questions about "this variant".

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

It's very funny to me that people on reddit keep asking questions about "this variant".
(..)

:hmmrona: Not everyone is aware that there are no new variants after Omicron turned the pandemic into a mildemic.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Well nobody at the pharmacy was masked, unsurprisingly. But at least it was very quiet and only one other customer there (also getting a COVID shot but not wearing a mask).

Though on the way out I saw a woman with two kids all wearing KN95's coming in, so maybe they had the pediatric vaccine?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The people that won the nobel prize for the COVID vaccines are clearly mentally unhinged wierdos.

https://twitter.com/KashPrime/status/1708862218735964588?s=20

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Thoguh posted:

The people that won the nobel prize for the COVID vaccines are clearly mentally unhinged wierdos.

https://twitter.com/KashPrime/status/1708862218735964588?s=20

they clearly need to see a therapist

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
ACTUALLY that photo is from 2022, before covid was over over

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
if their vaccine actually worked they wouldn't need those masks :smuggo:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

somewhere in Penn’s PR department
“so those Nobel prize winners? yeah we fired them years ago because mRNA vaccines weren’t faculty level research”
“nobody will check that. just claim their work anyway”

https://twitter.com/penn/status/1708786785877156020?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1708819627428462991?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Chef survived and came back. He was in the emergency room. Managers were trying to dissuade him from testing again and continuing to recuperate. His doctor wrote a whole letter that said "I order this man to rest."

And now the college kids are coughing up a lung. Doesn't stop them from coming to a packed dining hall. loving idiots. We have learned nothing. I feel like I make this post every three months.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Animal-Mother posted:

Chef survived and came back. He was in the emergency room. Managers were trying to dissuade him from testing again and continuing to recuperate. His doctor wrote a whole letter that said "I order this man to rest."

And now the college kids are coughing up a lung. Doesn't stop them from coming to a packed dining hall. loving idiots. We have learned nothing. I feel like I make this post every three months.

But you see this time, this time it might be different...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

somewhere in Penn’s PR department
“so those Nobel prize winners? yeah we fired them years ago because mRNA vaccines weren’t faculty level research”
“nobody will check that. just claim their work anyway”

https://twitter.com/penn/status/1708786785877156020?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1708819627428462991?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

obstructing and mocking the people who actually try to do poo poo until they finally accomplish something, and then using that moment to swoop in and try to take credit for it is an extremely academia move lol

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

Love how I was chastised by a few coworkers in February 2020 for returning to the office two weeks after I became sick with the flu. I was fine by then and was forced to attend a face to face meeting, otherwise I would have continued staying WFH. Now, we don't talk about and definitely don't get mad when someone brings COVID into the office. Not only did we learn nothing, we regressed in our thinking. Many such cases.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
wifehole's business partner and her clients all got covid at the big stupid convention they were at in Los Angeles

this is two client related events that she has noped the gently caress out of in the last month where everyone got covid. amazing luck to have a partner on mostly the same wavelength, a REAL mitzvah

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
So i got this text today because I have a colonoscopy this week.

It was telling me there’s construction at the hospital and immunocompromised patients should wear a n95 mask due to dust and debris….

Hmm, no other loving reason to wear a mask?? This is a major medical center here that held on to masks longer than everyone else.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
You wouldn't want immunocompromised people to inhale dust on their way to the procedure rooms where they perform aerosolizing procedures like endoscopies on people who haven't been tested for anything!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

It was telling me there’s construction at the hospital and immunocompromised patients should wear a n95 mask due to dust and debris….

Hmm, no other loving reason to wear a mask?? This is a major medical center here that held on to masks longer than everyone else.

this is a practical, manly reason to wear a mask not a cowardly living in fear reason, so acceptable.

Though I gotta wonder just what that dust and debris is doing to say, people with open wounds like in surgical wards. Hypothetically speaking. Or babies and children. Or people with lung conditions.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Oracle posted:

this is a practical, manly reason to wear a mask not a cowardly living in fear reason, so acceptable.

Though I gotta wonder just what that dust and debris is doing to say, people with open wounds like in surgical wards. Hypothetically speaking. Or babies and children. Or people with lung conditions.

This is XXXXX. There is construction at XXXXXX that may cause some parking or traffic delays. Plan extra travel time to get to your appointment. XXXXX also recommends that patients with compromised immune systems wear their best fitting medical grade mask (such as a surgical mask, N95 or KN95) when entering and exiting the building, due to the potential for increased dust and debris. Text, 'renovation' to, XXXXX for more information.

Don’t worry about that massive COVID wave going on right now in this area, tho. Can’t wait to get those drugs so I can stop giving a gently caress about anything for a day at least.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Since it's halloween time, it's time for a new thread title.

Thinking 'Scream Mask With N95 Filtration'

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Glumwheels posted:

This is XXXXX. There is construction at XXXXXX that may cause some parking or traffic delays. Plan extra travel time to get to your appointment. XXXXX also recommends that patients with compromised immune systems wear their best fitting medical grade mask (such as a surgical mask, N95 or KN95) when entering and exiting the building, due to the potential for increased dust and debris. Text, 'renovation' to, XXXXX for more information.

Don’t worry about that massive COVID wave going on right now in this area, tho. Can’t wait to get those drugs so I can stop giving a gently caress about anything for a day at least.

it’s probably only for legal protection

covid isn’t a business lawsuit risk, the dust is

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao 4 or 5 co-dominant variants

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Computer Serf posted:

it’s probably only for legal protection

covid isn’t a business lawsuit risk, the dust is

That’s probably exactly the reason. Unbelievable poo poo. There will be unmasked assholes in the recovery and admit area. At least before I’ll have the mask on but after, I wake up without it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

this is basically why I left academia.

there is no carrot, there is only stick

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

That’s probably exactly the reason. Unbelievable poo poo. There will be unmasked assholes in the recovery and admit area. At least before I’ll have the mask on but after, I wake up without it.

aim to be first in at o’god hundred and then pull it on as soon as you wake up/have whoever is waiting for you in the room put it on you when they wheel you in. The procedure room itself will have masked doctors/anesthesiologists and good ventilation

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Oracle posted:

aim to be first in at o’god hundred and then pull it on as soon as you wake up/have whoever is waiting for you in the room put it on you when they wheel you in. The procedure room itself will have masked doctors/anesthesiologists and good ventilation

Excuse me while I laugh until I pass out.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I don’t really see what’s funny about it :confused: Non-isolation surgical suites are all under positive pressure and push air out and away

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

:sun:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my wife's suddenly getting really bad panic attacks after going her entire life without ever experiencing a single one. i just, really, really hope this is temporary for her and is merely phenomenally suspicious timing, since she had COVID for the first time last month. dunno wtf to do if this is burgeoning LC other than curse the universe

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Oracle posted:

This isn’t my first rodeo and I was able to schedule early thankfully. Should be in and out quick hopefully.

Usually though the staging/recovery area is full, they have people in an assembly line one right after another. The nurses don’t wear masks in this area either or aren’t required to. So a lot of good it does me if everyone in the procedure room is masked but not masked outside.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
Just watched one of my apartment neighbors being loaded into an ambulance, she wasn't masked and neither were the EMTs. While lifting her in, they accidentally slammed the stretcher into the door frame TWICE, and she uttered an "ahhh" both times. They were like "sorry about that."

American Healthcare: "Sorry about that"

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Indoor Dying posted:

Just watched one of my apartment neighbors being loaded into an ambulance, she wasn't masked and neither were the EMTs. While lifting her in, they accidentally slammed the stretcher into the door frame TWICE, and she uttered an "ahhh" both times. They were like "sorry about that."

American Healthcare: "Sorry about that"

just reframe for positive thinking, that's two free chiropractic spinal adjustments

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmao 4 or 5 co-dominant variants

It's cool. Not like they'll evolve over time to differentiate from each other and carve out their own niche. It's not like our immune system can make antibodies that's gonna work against them all at once.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Extremely C-SPAM doomer threads crossover research:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-43305-5 posted:

Climate-related experiences and harms in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic: results from a survey of 152,088 Mexican youth

Abstract
The dual crises of COVID-19 and climate change are impacting the lives of adolescents and young people as they transition to adulthood in an uncertain world, yet they are often excluded from research and political discourse. We surveyed young people about their needs and experiences, critical to engaging them and designing effective programs and policies to address these intersecting harms. The 2022 round of a national online survey through the Violence Outcomes in COVID-19 Epoch (VoCes) Study surveyed 152,088 Mexican youth (15–24 years). Logistic regressions were implemented to identify characteristics associated with four climate responses (economic, work-related, receiving government support, or social network support). Overall, 8.1% of participants experienced a recent climate hazard, with major impacts including housing damage from floods, and crop/livestock losses from drought. Participants who experienced a climate hazard were more likely to have experienced a pandemic-related harm, suggesting a dual impact. Poor youth were more likely to report economic losses from both the pandemic and a climate event but least likely to receive government support. Economic effects from the pandemic are exacerbating climate-related harms, unequally threatening the poorest youth. Engaging young people in decision-making and supporting the most vulnerable youth is critical for the next generation to thrive.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

my wife's suddenly getting really bad panic attacks after going her entire life without ever experiencing a single one. i just, really, really hope this is temporary for her and is merely phenomenally suspicious timing, since she had COVID for the first time last month. dunno wtf to do if this is burgeoning LC other than curse the universe

There’s been studies on post-covid autoantibodies causing neurological side effects starting around a month after a covid infection so that seems to coincide with timing.

I’m not a neurologist or immunologist but if you are looking for tests you might be able to get a doctor to look into immunoassay panels for specific biomarkers found in these studies

https://www.cureus.com/articles/130722-a-sharp-rise-in-autoimmune-encephalitis-in-the-covid-19-era-a-case-series#!/

https://www.mdpi.com/2227-9059/10/4/774

https://ltd.aruplab.com/Tests/Pub/3006051
Apparently these were among the commonly found autoantibodies:
glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD)
voltage-gated potassium channel (VGKC) antibodies
myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody (MOG)

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I gave up on waiting for Novavax and just got a Pfizer this weekend as that’s all that was around. It was surprisingly busy, mostly elderly, and not a single mask in sight aside from my own because we live in hell, but I was glad to see people getting vaxxed at all.

No weird insurance issues and I’ve had no side effects aside from soreness at the injection site, so that’s about as good as I can hope for!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Computer Serf posted:

There’s been studies on post-covid autoantibodies causing neurological side effects starting around a month after a covid infection so that seems to coincide with timing.

I’m not a neurologist or immunologist but if you are looking for tests you might be able to get a doctor to look into immunoassay panels for specific biomarkers found in these studies

https://www.cureus.com/articles/130722-a-sharp-rise-in-autoimmune-encephalitis-in-the-covid-19-era-a-case-series#!/

https://www.mdpi.com/2227-9059/10/4/774

https://ltd.aruplab.com/Tests/Pub/3006051
Apparently these were among the commonly found autoantibodies:
glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD)
voltage-gated potassium channel (VGKC) antibodies
myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody (MOG)

Thank you!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Glumwheels posted:

Patients should not have to wear respirators because engineering controls should be used to ensure that the public is not exposed to hazardous atmospheres.

They may have pencilwhipped the world’s top infectious disease into “not an airborne hazard”, but that does not absolve them from allowing construction dust to permeate the ward.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Gunshow Poophole posted:

wifehole's business partner and her clients all got covid at the big stupid convention they were at in Los Angeles

this is two client related events that she has noped the gently caress out of in the last month where everyone got covid. amazing luck to have a partner on mostly the same wavelength, a REAL mitzvah
sounds like she missed out on seeing a lot of smiles though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
didn’t Covid make some peoples teeth fall out? we need more of that to combat “but smiles”