Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

helta posted:

Don't know if it got posted:

Yes Theory produced a documentary with Grusch:

https://youtu.be/kwsWAQ9sJZE

I haven't watched, but people are saying there isn't a ton of new information. Apparently better then the last thing that got put out with Grusch.

i tried last night, but it's padded to hell with footage we've all seen ten times before. i get the impression they didn't get much out of grusch but still wanted a big hour-long doc/interview. or they have an editor that's way too eager to add cuts every ten seconds. i found it pretty annoying and uninteresting and shut it off ~20 mins in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Inspector Hound posted:

I'd be a valuable addition. The Jack Ryan of cannabis and mushrooms, I'll do all the most dangerous ones the other agents can't hack

insisting that you're an analyst, not a field agent, but being secretly jazzed that you keep getting sent into the field to test the new funky stuff

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I have found a new creative outlet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

poisonpill posted:

there’s an airshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Ila2GGkF4

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Hooplah posted:

i tried last night, but it's padded to hell with footage we've all seen ten times before. i get the impression they didn't get much out of grusch but still wanted a big hour-long doc/interview. or they have an editor that's way too eager to add cuts every ten seconds. i found it pretty annoying and uninteresting and shut it off ~20 mins in.

It's because it's not really anything new. The previous Grusch thing that got put out with Jesse Michaels was done with Yes Theory (they are in those videos as well). They basically split the entire thing in half and each put a half out on their channels.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Javid posted:

enjoy, close-up photography seems like a rewarding hobby

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

watched No One Will Save You and it was a fun ride. definitely don't look up anything about it and just go in blind.

it's not a great movie tbh but the lack of dialogue was neat, the protagonist actress does a great job, and I was so glad they just show the fuckin aliens right away and it never lets up from there.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Javid posted:

I’d buy a UFO belt, I’m suddenly realizing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Javid posted:

This is clearly a fake

(good job)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1708843958644953330?t=Kj2MFGxVkw-3CHCZcleULA&s=19

It's interesting that the used an upheld a law enforcement exemption and potentially signals that there are active law enforcement investigations around UAP probably stemming from Grusch's whistleblowing.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is so annoying

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

D-Pad posted:

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1708843958644953330?t=Kj2MFGxVkw-3CHCZcleULA&s=19

It's interesting that the used an upheld a law enforcement exemption and potentially signals that there are active law enforcement investigations around UAP probably stemming from Grusch's whistleblowing.

the usual UFO guys are saying they've already recorded interviews with whistleblowers and will release them if the government doesn't do disclosure

so either James Fox has video of guys who have touched the aliens, or he's full of poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is proceeding as if there are enough people invested in disclosure who also know how to navigate the bureaucracy and more or less answer DoD aversion with appropriate levels of aggression in the right places? But i always worry that like... The thing they're fighting is designed to be and empowered to only do as it wishes most of the time so idk

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

the usual UFO guys are saying they've already recorded interviews with whistleblowers and will release them if the government doesn't do disclosure

so either James Fox has video of guys who have touched the aliens, or he's full of poo poo

Nobody is going to risk prison for this

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

my bony fealty posted:

right after he releases the varghina alien

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rickshaw posted:

right after he releases the varghina alien

well, we're waiting for the chuck clark video first

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Death to America

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

This is proceeding as if there are enough people invested in disclosure who also know how to navigate the bureaucracy and more or less answer DoD aversion with appropriate levels of aggression in the right places? But i always worry that like... The thing they're fighting is designed to be and empowered to only do as it wishes most of the time so idk

Yeah both these things are true and it is an open question which side will prevail.

Personally, I feel like even if congress cracks the nut it'll be a whole different issue on whether we get a public disclosure. I could definitely see a world in which these programs are revealed to parts of the government that were previously in the dark but they also choose to continue the secrecy as far as what is disclosed to the public.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My guess, genuinely just a guess, is that the space force isn't just a MIC grift. That during the Trump administration, something came to fruition in our own tech that necessitated formalizing an entity that can staff and train to suit a new set of needs outside the scope of the extant branches. It's a bit of a stretch, im deeply cynical about mic grift (it's why i rarely have anything to say about the social scene around UAP: lue and all those guys kinda fit the grift bill to me)

If that's true I'll take it a step further and conjecture that the black triangles are ours; of the shapes spotted, the triangles are evocative enough of like terrestrial air designs that i can believe it was engineered by something that is more concerned with airodynamics than tic tacs and cigars and poo poo. They're also massive in a way that would require crewing.

The issues are a) there are only a few places something like that can launch from without being detected by a civilian population

And b) it's giving our greedy fascist death spiralling nation way more credit than i wanna give it

But idk ive had the sense that the triangles are ours and i just dont believe the space force came into existence just to coordinate a bunch of satelite and low earth orbit operations + grift. I think creating an entire branch with that name in particular is in the very least legitimately aspirational, but it may actually imply that it's here right now?

Anyway yeah

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Yeah both these things are true and it is an open question which side will prevail.

Personally, I feel like even if congress cracks the nut it'll be a whole different issue on whether we get a public disclosure. I could definitely see a world in which these programs are revealed to parts of the government that were previously in the dark but they also choose to continue the secrecy as far as what is disclosed to the public.

I don't think the American political apparatus is capable of being this water tight

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Death to America

many are saying this

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The Demilich posted:

Death to America

:d2a::lron::d2a:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I don't think the American political apparatus is capable of being this water tight

No it wouldn't be, there would definitely be leaks but I don't think they would be more likely to be believed by the mainstream than the ones we've already had from Lue, Grusch, etc. This issue will ultimately only be resolved by an official government disclosure announcement, anything short of that will be subsumed into the culture war on whatever side the leaks came from.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I mean it wouldn't be the first time. Look how long it took for the Contra CIA stuff to get out, and when it did they ruined the man's life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

It also never got out until much later that Ronald Reagan would use a Psychic to make all his decisions. America essentially was run by the First Lady and their Star charter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Quigley

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You'd be surprised how many Big Deal people consult astrologers.

If the Barbie movie didn't have an astrologer coordinating, then it's a pretty huge coincidence that the movie came out when it did, given that it's a movie that's loosely analogous to the myth of Innana's descent into the underworld, that just so happened to come out exactly during a pivotal point of Venus' synodic cycle, which Innana's descent mythologically mirrors.

It's too on the nose to not be intentional, and even if it isn't, then I have to take it seriously as a sign that astrology is predictive

Carp
May 29, 2002

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Two shiny orbs!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lol I put Hellier on the kitchen tv for my birds to watch while I make dinner, I intended to pay attention to it but haven't really been. I just felt pressure like a finger at the crown of my skull, pushing down to get my attention and then just physically sort of turning me until I faced the television previously behind me, where the one man was explaining about there being places where the "veil is thinner" and things can pass in and out of realities more easily. I relate this calmly but it was an extraordinarily disconcerting sensation. Yesterday I had been wondering if that sort of thing was a thing and, moreover, if I happened to live near one.

so that's cool. Nobody has to believe me but I have to record it while I still believe me, lol.

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 21:12 on Oct 2, 2023

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Lol I put Hellier on the kitchen tv for my birds to watch while I make dinner, I intended to pay attention to it but haven't really been. I just felt pressure like a finger at the crown of my skull, pushing down to get my attention and then just physically sort of turning me until I faced the television previously behind me, where the one man was explaining about there being places where the "veil is thinner" and things can pass in and out of realities more easily. I relate this calmly but it was an extraordinarily disconcerting sensation. Yesterday I had been wondering if that sort of thing was a thing and, moreover, if I happened to live near one.

so that's cool. Nobody has to believe me but I have to record it while I still believe me, lol.

I enjoyed Hellier a lot! I'm a bit agnostic about what to make of it all, but I found it all really interesting and learned a lot about Mothman stuff (vague spoilers but they don't fully reach a conclusion/answer by the end of season 2 - it much more of a journey than a destination sort of show).

I think I first came across the notion of thin veils about 15 years ago? Someone specifically pointing to Mount Shasta being a thin spot, and I only learned much later that it does have a noteable reputation for being a place that Weird Stuff happens.

Also a side note, but sort of related to Hellier and just how many odd things happen in Appalachia. I think a lot about how a lot of the Appalachian mountain chain is rich in limestone and limestone is the accretion of tens/hundreds of millions of years of tiny shellfish living and dying in the same spot. Just an enormous necropolis of small things, but an almost unfathomable number of them.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just felt pressure like a finger at the crown of my skull, pushing down to get my attention and then just physically sort of turning me until I faced the television previously behind me [...] I relate this calmly but it was an extraordinarily disconcerting sensation.

i was walking down the street one day and suddenly had the same kind of sensation:

it directed my head to a part of the sky and kinda transfixed me, while I got the feeling that something mentally bore into my skull.
Very strange and kinda scary although it only lasted a minute or less...I think.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hellier reminded me of being a kid in a good way. annoying but endearing and fun. no one wills save you made me feel like an old man, hooting and shaking fist.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am a little in shock right now. This is actually insane. Fundamentalist Christianity is toxic and controlling and evil. So absolutely perfect for our military I guess, but oh my God, what the gently caress. How can this be? I am so upset. End this country already. Give me birds, and give them death.

Or give them healing and charity? I feel your pain, don't let it cloud your judgement. You are loved.

:lovebird:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Was this reported crash in Vegas this summer posted in here at the time?

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigators/las-vegas-family-claims-to-see-aliens-after-several-report-something-falling-from-sky/amp/
https://abc7.com/amp/las-vegas-aliens-ufo-camera/13396506/

quote:

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A Las Vegas family claims something crashed in their backyard, prompting them to call 911 about “non-human” beings – the thing is, this time, several people saw it.

On April 30 around 11:50 p.m., a Las Vegas Metro police officer’s body camera video recorded as something streaked low across the sky. Several people across eastern California, Nevada and Utah reported seeing the flash, according to the American Meteor Society.

Sources tell the 8 News Now Investigators that it is likely something crashed into the yard, but exactly what remained unclear more than a month later. Drone video showed a circular imprint in the dirt.

About 40 minutes later, a man called 911, saying he and his family saw something fall from the sky and that there were two moving things in his northwest valley backyard.

Caller: There’s like an 8-foot person beside it and another one is inside us and it has big eyes and it’s looking at us — and it’s still there,” the caller told a dispatcher.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2023/06/09/6654912411609054361/1024x576_MP4_6654912411609054361.mp4

It looks like the family gave a few interviews a couple weeks ago.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...awings-saw.html

quote:

On the evening of May 1, the then-16-year-old explained, he and his brother heard something falling from the sky before observing a flash of light.

They felt the impact of something hitting the ground, followed by a loud bang. Angel said they were then hit with a shockwave, likening the sensation to 'an out of body experience'.

He said the entire backyard was blurry when he tried to look at the fallen object, and he heard 'thousands of footsteps' all around him before the blurriness subsided.

A police officer's bodycam captured a greenish light blazing through the sky on the same evening. As the officer stood speaking to a neighbor, the light could be seen spiraling from the sky and trailing behind a house.

Angel's story was further corroborated by footage from a neighbor's Ring camera, which captured a whooshing sound and an enormous bang.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yeah that came out right around when gronch went public

there's a kind of spooky video where you can convince yourself there's a 7 foot tall grey in the kid's back yard if you stare at it too long but otherwise the aitees got away clean to live their new lives on earth

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jazerus posted:

there's a kind of spooky video where you can convince yourself there's a 7 foot tall grey in the kid's back yard if you stare at it too long but otherwise the aitees got away clean to live their new lives on earth

They're sucking up the free cocktails and playing penny slots

They don't need sleep

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

radar been going for cruises in the evenings

https://twitter.com/StandForBetter/status/1707848635986416072

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jazerus posted:

bless em. They gotta come back though, we need them for Disclosure

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Or give them healing and charity? I feel your pain, don't let it cloud your judgement. You are loved.

:lovebird:
:lovebird: thank you, SpaceGoat :) and while I am thanking people thanks to Barry Foster too for the kindness expressed yesterday, I was a little too agitated to remember to express gratitude at the time and so I must do so now. This is a good thread, with good people in it :)

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Oct 3, 2023

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OldAlias posted:

cum redemption narratives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazerus posted:

Skip to today, they are occupying chairs in front of a Mega Moolah machine