Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I remember how bad RMT tells were for years. The dev team didn’t care or even feel like it was a problem until Yoshi-p logged into a US server and got inundated with RMT tells. By the next patch the report RMT feature was in place.

Ninjas too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kheldarn posted:

/r/ShitpostXIV is where it's at.

:hai: :hfive:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

"How dare you tell me to do content I don't want to do. If I wanted to do that content, I would. All I want is a Bozja 2.0. But instead they wasted their time creating lovely content like Island Sanctuary and V/C dungeons. EW is a failure of an expansion."

They're right.

Doomykins posted:

That sounds like a real problem for an idiot banging his head into a wall. Me, I even forgot about V/C dungeons and they sound cool!

I find myself gravitating to content creators smart enough to sow wide fields as they don't go insane in this way. Like I'd think somebody who wants their gig to be "I stream FF14" might see the problem with limiting themselves to raid progression only. OK, the viewership sucks there but drat, take up soloing the deep dungeons or being awesome at pvp, some other high skillcap thing to peacock with.

You should do VC, they're really fun, at least solo. As for FF14 streamers, their problem is that they aren't actually very compelling personalities. Lots of them stream other things and their viewer count evaporates. It also doesn't do them any favors that the people who seem to want to watch ff14 streams are mainly there for msq reactions.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Mordiceius posted:

I just need to vent for a moment. And this venting is about how loving stupid I am and it annoys me. Feel free to completely ignore this post.

I can't loving stop reading r/ffxiv when I'm bored and have downtime. And that place makes me exceedingly angry.

There is currently a whole wave of people for who this is clearly their first time experiencing the end of an expansion and the complaining is off the loving charts. Whether it is complaining that they don't like how the tomestone currency caps are being handled to complaining that Endwalker is a failure because how dare they not make endless content that caters only to me.

Overall, it seems like there is just a very very very vocal group that feel that FFXIV should be able to be a game they play for 40+ hours a week forever and never touch any other game and have endless grindable content in FFXIV forever. And no one should dare tell them that "hey.... you don't have to play daily. there are other games out there."

And the even worse den of scum and villainy is r/ffxivdiscussion. This is where people go to pat each other on the back for writing essays on why FFXIV is dying.

TLDR: Reddit is still awful. It's often okay to pop in to just check for any announcements, but do not linger. And do not try to read any "discussion"

Those fools, don't they know the sublime joy of running out of content, suspending your sub and putting the game on the shelf for a bit, then re-subbing right before a patch and remembering "oh yeah, this game rules"?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
should be able to get the variant dungeon currency in criterion too because variants are boring as hell

I never got the full trenchcoat set because running variant like 30 times sucks

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
FFXIV, imho, is just not a game that makes for interesting streaming content. People flock for MSQ reactions, but those type of views tend to be the worst kind. "OMG OMG THIS NEXT PART IS SO GOOD." "THIS NEXT DUNGEON IS GOING TO MAKE YOU CRY!!!!!"

FFXIV is just kinda a chill game and I guess some people like watching others play, but I can't imagine just sitting and watching FFXIV streamers outside of World First races for raids.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
they should just give me Eureka 2 3 and make everyone except me mad

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Is the ffxiv subreddit in the room with us right now?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Cactrot posted:

Those fools, don't they know the sublime joy of running out of content, suspending your sub and putting the game on the shelf for a bit, then re-subbing right before a patch and remembering "oh yeah, this game rules"?

"Sorry, but my house is holding me hostage. I am forced to stay subbed and play 40 hours a week."

Shinjobi posted:

they should just give me Eureka 2 3 and make everyone except me mad

Eureka was better than Bozja. This is the hill I will die on.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Mordiceius posted:

"How dare you tell me to do content I don't want to do. If I wanted to do that content, I would. All I want is a Bozja 2.0. But instead they wasted their time creating lovely content like Island Sanctuary and V/C dungeons. EW is a failure of an expansion."

having done the V/C dungeons i'd much prefer a foray to them. they aren't a bad time at all, but criterion and criterion savage have zero of the sandbox experience that i enjoy from foray content. they also completely bungled the rewards structure for criterion/criterion savage, and jobs are wholly unbalanced even with their adjustments in 4 player parties. though that last complaint can be problematic in forays as well, those aren't usually tuned as tightly.

for reference, engagement in various side-content according to XIVcollect
45% of players have completed the save the queen storyline
6% of players have completed sil'dah criterion
2.3% of players have completed mount rokkon criterion
7.6% of players have cleared orthos up to floor 100 once
2.9% of players have cleared orthos up to floor 100 four plus times

i don't think endwalker is a failure by any stretch but i do think that bozja was much better received as a whole compared to all of the combat side content they've done in endwalker, for a variety of reasons.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yeah i’m here

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mordiceius posted:

Overall, it seems like there is just a very very very vocal group that feel that FFXIV should be able to be a game they play for 40+ hours a week forever and never touch any other game and have endless grindable content in FFXIV forever. And no one should dare tell them that "hey.... you don't have to play daily. there are other games out there."
If you don't have to play daily then how come housing demolition

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Failboattootoot posted:

You should do VC, they're really fun, at least solo. As for FF14 streamers, their problem is that they aren't actually very compelling personalities. Lots of them stream other things and their viewer count evaporates. It also doesn't do them any favors that the people who seem to want to watch ff14 streams are mainly there for msq reactions.

Oh I plan to, I'm still in the MSQ. At least once the servers go back up I can make good progress this week, I finished Elpis and things are in that super hot and spicy part of the story where I can't put it down. EW took me a looooong time but it's probably the longest MSQ short of ARR to HW and every few zones I'd feel like I finished reading a thick book.

A shame about streamer curses but yeah, I think a lot of any video game watching appeal can be locked down if you're great at the game. I could watch pro fighting game matches all day, now ask me to get to that level myself and hmmmmmm.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mordiceius posted:

I just need to vent for a moment. And this venting is about how loving stupid I am and it annoys me. Feel free to completely ignore this post.

I can't loving stop reading r/ffxiv when I'm bored and have downtime. And that place makes me exceedingly angry.

There is currently a whole wave of people for who this is clearly their first time experiencing the end of an expansion and the complaining is off the loving charts. Whether it is complaining that they don't like how the tomestone currency caps are being handled to complaining that Endwalker is a failure because how dare they not make endless content that caters only to me.

And the even worse den of scum and villainy is r/ffxivdiscussion. This is where people go to pat each other on the back for writing essays on why FFXIV is dying.

TLDR: Reddit is still awful. It's often okay to pop in to just check for any announcements, but do not linger. And do not try to read any "discussion"

Isn't the common wisdom with that that alot of those folks are WoW refugees, where playing like it was your job was a thing? Do dailies to unlock the rep grind that gets you the dailies to grind for the real grind, and then run a raid all night.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Frida Call Me posted:

You’re comparing apples and oranges here. Criterion Dungeons and Floor 100 clears of Deep Dungeons would be more equivalent to people clearing Delubrum Reginae (Savage). Which, as of right now is 9.7%.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

the_steve posted:

Isn't the common wisdom with that that alot of those folks are WoW refugees, where playing like it was your job was a thing? Do dailies to unlock the rep grind that gets you the dailies to grind for the real grind, and then run a raid all night.

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case. The last expansion Shadowlands was the worst they had gotten about the grindset in years, and that was presumably the point where a lot of folks (myself included) hopped trains over to here.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Frida Call Me posted:

having done the V/C dungeons i'd much prefer a foray to them. they aren't a bad time at all, but criterion and criterion savage have zero of the sandbox experience that i enjoy from foray content. they also completely bungled the rewards structure for criterion/criterion savage, and jobs are wholly unbalanced even with their adjustments in 4 player parties. though that last complaint can be problematic in forays as well, those aren't usually tuned as tightly.

i don't think endwalker is a failure by any stretch but i do think that bozja was much better received as a whole compared to all of the combat side content they've done in endwalker, for a variety of reasons.

I don't think comparing Bozja story to Criterion completions is really fitting in terms of difficulty and style. I'm very much on the casual side of the content and I've done Bozja. It also is a lot more drop in/drop out content that you can mostly just do on your own unlike Criterions which feel a lot more along the lines of have a set group to tackle them with.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Mordiceius posted:

"Sorry, but my house is holding me hostage. I am forced to stay subbed and play 40 hours a week."

My heart weeps for the those poor, unfortunate, homeowners.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Cactrot posted:

That blissful joy is sometimes stymied by realizing you missed out on something and you don't know if it will ever be obtainable again.

(not me missing the fat cat parasol, nosiree)

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

You’re comparing apples and oranges here. Criterion Dungeons and Floor 100 clears of Deep Dungeons would be more equivalent to people clearing Delubrum Reginae (Savage). Which, as of right now is 9.7%.

i disagree - comparing 4 player savage content to 48 player savage content is apples and oranges.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Infected posted:

I don't think comparing Bozja story to Criterion completions is really fitting in terms of difficulty and style. I'm very much on the casual side of the content and I've done Bozja. It also is a lot more drop in/drop out content that you can mostly just do on your own unlike Criterions which feel a lot more along the lines of have a set group to tackle them with.

right, that's my point is that there isn't an equivalent difficulty casual combat content in endwalker (like a foray).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Frida Call Me posted:

i disagree - comparing 4 player savage content to 48 player savage content is apples and oranges.

“Hard content and casual content should be judged as the same. I am very smart.”

Frida Call Me posted:

right, that's my point is that there isn't an equivalent difficulty casual combat content in endwalker (like a foray).

It’s called variant dungeons. And deep dungeons.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 2, 2023

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Frida Call Me posted:

<snip>

Guilty as charged as the deep dungeon enjoyer.

Heaven-on-High, too.

My friend and I have run them many times and have duo cleared both. We are looking forward very much to the next one in Dawntrail.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Deep dungeon….ftw

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

“Hard content and casual content should be judged as the same. I am very smart.”

It’s called variant dungeons.

you can clear all paths in a variant dungeons and get every reward in about 6 hours of investment, less if you're using a guide. minimum time investment in bozja to get all rewards is a magnitude higher, and the rewards much more significant. additionally the actions system is straight-up boring in variant compared to the actions systems in forays.

but if you're not willing to engage in this topic seriously without making ad-hoc attacks then i'm utterly uninterested in discussing this with you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ziddar posted:

Heaven-on-High, too.

True Hero is an evergreen title too

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Frida Call Me posted:

you can clear all paths in a variant dungeons and get every reward in about 6 hours of investment, less if you're using a guide. minimum time investment in bozja to get all rewards is a magnitude higher, and the rewards much more significant. additionally the actions system is straight-up boring in variant compared to the actions systems in forays.

but if you're not willing to engage in this topic seriously without making ad-hoc attacks then i'm utterly uninterested in discussing this with you.

You were literally the person comparing drop in content to savage difficulty content and saying they’re the same.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Ziddar posted:

Guilty as charged as the deep dungeon enjoyer.

Heaven-on-High, too.

My friend and I have run them many times and have duo cleared both. We are looking forward very much to the next one in Dawntrail.

nice! i had a good time with orthos but i don't see any reason to do it after getting my clears in. they could've at least made it a competitive option for leveling on floors 21-30, but bozja's still got that on lock.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
All of the resources should be dedicated to bringing the Feast back

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

they could've at least made it a competitive option for leveling on floors 21-30, but bozja's still got that on lock.
I'm in the process of getting the aetherpool needed to solo EO, but as a latecomer it's proving a massive pain. nobody queues for this poo poo lmao

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Frida Call Me posted:

VC's actions are better because they don't cost me anything!!!

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Frida Call Me posted:

nice! i had a good time with orthos but i don't see any reason to do it after getting my clears in. they could've at least made it a competitive option for leveling on floors 21-30, but bozja's still got that on lock.

Heh, we find it just a fun thing to duo. The focus needed and the random fuckery makes it fun each time we clear. My friend is also working on solo clears of all three deep dungeons, currently closest on HoH. That is a bit much for me, but perhaps someday.

Also I got this crustacean friend from EO, too. It bubbles!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
V/C Dungeons are so loving cool and I love them. I'm glad they intend to increase the rewards that can be gained by doing them in the future, because that's really the sole reason they're not more popular. They scratch a lot of the "exploring a dungeon" itch I miss from places in 1.0 like Shposhae Seagrot or the old Thousand Maws of Totorak. It's not the same because there are no Notorious Monsters you can happen upon and it's not truly open, but the puzzle aspect is a ton of fun and makes the dungeons feel way more immersive.

Regarding Eureka, I'm a huge fan of it now that players pemanently get the Echo inside, but I'll be the first to tell you I was not impressed when the content was current. The increased options for EXP gain inside and the fact that it's now possible to actually quickly solo kill enemies higher than your level makes the experience far easier without being a cake walk. Lost actions are also really fun to fiddle around with and can make me feel even more powerful- feeling like a one man army in Eureka is so cool. :allears: I'm curious how adding Stormblood to the free trial may affect Eureka as a whole.

I still want to do Delubrum Reginae Savage sometime to work towards getting the upgraded Judge armor, but I don't have the real-life ability to commit uncertainly long hours to groups, so that will remain a pipe dream for now.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Kaubocks posted:

I'm in the process of getting the aetherpool needed to solo EO, but as a latecomer it's proving a massive pain. nobody queues for this poo poo lmao

your best bet would be to put up a PF with a stated goal of farming aetherpool imo.

Ziddar posted:

Heh, we find it just a fun thing to duo. The focus needed and the random fuckery makes it fun each time we clear. My friend is also working on solo clears of all three deep dungeons, currently closest on HoH. That is a bit much for me, but perhaps someday.

Also I got this crustacean friend from EO, too. It bubbles!

crab owns. my buddy got 4 of them by the time we cleared orthos twice.

Failboattootoot posted:

VC's actions are better because they don't cost me anything!!!

i can see that as being a bonus and i'd love it if the current forays had default actions if you had none equipped (especially when delebrum reginae was still in the duty* finder back in shadowbringers). but there's a lot of very cheap and effective foray actions that are practically effortless to get in large amounts. reflect farming in hydatos for conceptual/fundamental logograms or reflect farming in bozja for fragments is very low-effort, high-reward activity to give you deep caches of resources to use inside of foray content.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 2, 2023

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

i can see that as being a bonus and i'd love it if the current forays had default actions if you had none equipped (especially when delebrum reginae was still in the party finder back in shadowbringers). but there's a lot of very cheap and effective foray actions that are practically effortless to get in large amounts. reflect farming in hydatos for conceptual/fundamental logograms or reflect farming in bozja for fragments is very low-effort, high-reward activity to give you deep caches of resources to use inside of foray content.

My number 1 hope for the next round of exploratory zones they make the actions 1 time drops you can collect and then use for 0 cost or expenditure. Or failing that, setting the actions costs nothing but using them takes some kind of universal currency I don't have to go out of my way to explicitly farm.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mordiceius posted:

TLDR: Reddit is still awful

I think a lot of that is due to the WoW exodus folks finally finishing off all the content over a couple years and now they want more content they can grind endlessly.

I do wish they made Bozja 2.0 though but a lot of people like Island Sanctuary a lot so that's just me

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 2, 2023

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Failboattootoot posted:

My number 1 hope for the next round of exploratory zones they make the actions 1 time drops you can collect and then use for 0 cost or expenditure. Or failing that, setting the actions costs nothing but using them takes some kind of universal currency I don't have to go out of my way to explicitly farm.

i can see both sides of that one, since farming and selling fragments/logograms is still a fantastic source of income in both bozja and eureka and i'd hate to lose it!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

doing another sildihn and another mount rokkon with friends ranks high on the most fun i had in the game so they're good imo

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

i can see both sides of that one, since farming and selling fragments/logograms is still a fantastic source of income in both bozja and eureka and i'd hate to lose it!

Then you can get excited to end up stuck with me showing up to next_ez_raid with a random dps banner I've got 200 of from fate grinding in the 3rd area, protect 5, and a 50/50 coinflip on if I have an elixer on (but if I do, it's probably not a helpful one)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Failboattootoot posted:

Then you can get excited to end up stuck with me showing up to next_ez_raid with a random dps banner I've got 200 of from fate grinding in the 3rd area, protect 5, and a 50/50 coinflip on if I have an elixer on (but if I do, it's probably not a helpful one)!

i'd probably just teach you how to get the good stuff or hand you a pile of it if you're on my datacenter!