Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

maybealabia posted:

This poster is making extra effort to help an artist! :mad:

The strip is so bad though, I feel like the artist owes me money for looking at it.

...OK, that's kind of mean, but while Rae the Doe is cute, the art and storytelling just feels very basic to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

To Serve Fox

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
We need a JUST SCROLL emote to go with :justpost:

Who cares if you don't like thing??

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

maybealabia posted:

We need a JUST SCROLL emote to go with :justpost:

Who cares if you don't like thing??

at least half of the comics in this thread are explicitly posted because they are horrible

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
Not liking things is how this thread began

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
To be clear I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize or lol at bad comics

I bet most of us scroll past certain things. It would take multiple people quoting and responding to that BA BA BA baby comic for me to look at it, god I hate that thing. But keep posting that poo poo

I'm not going to complain when other people are putting in daily loving effort and I'm mostly just passively enjoying the thread

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

kidcoelacanth posted:

complaining that a patreon link gets posted with a comic is maybe the most baffling thing i've ever seen in these threads. god forbid artists get money
Steeple gets a patreon link too! I'm gonna riot! :rant:

maybealabia posted:

To be clear I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize or lol at bad comics

I bet most of us scroll past certain things. It would take multiple people quoting and responding to that BA BA BA baby comic for me to look at it, god I hate that thing. But keep posting that poo poo

I'm not going to complain when other people are putting in daily loving effort and I'm mostly just passively enjoying the thread
:same: (while also posting comics)

For whatever it's worth I range from meh to enjoying Rae, but I'm also pretty much in its exact target audience(trans, nerd, millennial, loves terrible puns).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm not a huge fan of Rae the Doe's style, but I enjoy the puns, and I like that it sometimes makes references I don't get.

F Minus

Should be lint.

Mark Trail

A horse mask? How wacky!

Mary Worth

I like Mary poking her head up there in the back.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

You monster!

Apartment 3-G

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Here? *squeezes*

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Rae The Doe kind of goes back and forth for me, but my personal rule #0 is not everything's made for me, so even in the worst of cases, it earns a resigned shrug.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 5, 1935)

Peanuts (October 4, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (September 24-26, 1934)

Thimble Theater (May 6, 1940)

Out Our Way (December 14-16, 1942)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Lol is Diana about to kick the Phantom's rear end for the storyline where he married Sarvana. :allears:

quote:

Mark Trail

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

A horse mask? How wacky!

Genius storytelling to have the characters announce they've reached a dead end and then use the same character to announce that he's found a clue pointing the way forward.

They're both clearly dated so they're not printed out of order, I guess Mark Trail is getting so lazy and lovely that it just repeats literal panels from the last week to tread water and pass time. Agonizing.

But seriously, these are out of order.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

So I guess we're just meant to ignore that Guran drugged Diana.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I don't like Rae the Doe and I scroll past it but more content is always good keep posting the comics you like and support the artists

that's my opinion thank you for listening

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

pairing red wine with fish is also how a Soviet spy blew his cover to James Bond in From Russia with Love

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Another Gallagher hit

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Oh Heathcliff, you cad!

Jucika "296 - Jucika's Sports Ideal"

"öltöző = dressing room"

"297 - Jucika And The Gallant"

"áruház = department store"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

So I guess we're just meant to ignore that Guran drugged Diana.

This storyline has been going on so long that I thought it was Mozz who did that.

If I remember right, did this prophecy story have something to do with both of the phantom's kids dying and his daughter's friend dying as well and just everything coming to a horrible end if the phantom got Savarna out of prison? I don't remember anything about Diana dying though.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

This storyline has been going on so long that I thought it was Mozz who did that.

If I remember right, did this prophecy story have something to do with both of the phantom's kids dying and his daughter's friend dying as well and just everything coming to a horrible end if the phantom got Savarna out of prison? I don't remember anything about Diana dying though.

I think Diana just decided to leave the phantom and stay in New York.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
lol the funny thing is i did remove the patreon link for a few days to see how it'd go over

good to know theyre not even actually reading the posts

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/12-14/51

Archie 4/26-28/48

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Evil Defeats Itself" -Stephen King But Also Many Other People Before Him

The Wicked Witch of the West Has Been Found Dead In Miami

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Okay okay I know K and K plays loose with everything, but is she a loving porcupine or a hedgehog?

if memory serves don't they conceive their hellspawn because the condom ends up with holes, and it is played for laughs because Species has Characteristic?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

It's funny because some people actually give a poo poo about that sort of thing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Murdstone posted:

I like Mary poking her head up there in the back.

She's like a drama bloodhound. :allears:

Scary Go Round (July 8-11, 2003)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

Okay okay I know K and K plays loose with everything, but is she a loving porcupine or a hedgehog?

if memory serves don't they conceive their hellspawn because the condom ends up with holes, and it is played for laughs because Species has Characteristic?

She's whichever one fits the gag Holbrook is currently trying to make work.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Dunkin' on Sputter

We've got another week of this! We're feasting pretty well.

Pluggers

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Cowslips Warren posted:

She's a hedgehog on account of being Secret British and is also an omnivore/insectivore.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hostile V posted:

She's a hedgehog on account of being Secret British and is also an omnivore/insectivore.

I thought she was one but was raised as the other because it made it easier on her parents.

We've put more thought into this than Holbrook ever has.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Howard Beale posted:

Pappy always was a deadbeat and a man of few morals, but I always liked how he and Popeye reconciled in Altman's film version especially because it was made clear, without doing any kind of processing after the fact, that the two missed and thought of each other a lot while estranged. I don't like how Randy is handling the character. Pappy can be a schemer and occasionally a jerk without being a super bastard bad guy everybody hates, cause he should also be helpful and decent when family and friends are in need or even just when he feels like it.

"Just when he feels like it" is the main missing element of Randy's Popeye in general. All the characterization is hard-wired and not open to improvisation. Popeye in general is a good guy who loves a good fight, but he almost never provokes them, he just doesn't deescalate when a situation turns violent. Randy's Popeye is whimsical when what it really needs is just whims.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Pluggers inhale poison for fun

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

you broke my grill posted:

Pluggers inhale poison for fun

That's called smoking

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
She was also possibly British royalty from Human World

Cowslips Warren posted:

We've put more thought into this than Holbrook ever has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

riderchop posted:

lol the funny thing is i did remove the patreon link for a few days to see how it'd go over

good to know theyre not even actually reading the posts

Maybe you should :justpost: some better comics, friend.