Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEG5LVXdKo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

titty_baby_ posted:

Counterpoint: I hate macs and im too lazy to figure out Linux

username post combo

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

DrPossum posted:

Hang in there, code goon. It gets better, but it doesn't sound like you're in a great environment to thrive. If you've been in that space for over a year and there's just so much of it that you still feeling lost and not getting what you need you really should consider finding a different place. Everyplace has some of what you describe, but it sounds pretty extreme. Just getting into a larger team where you can *work* with and *learn* from others can make a huge difference.

thanks dude

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

This is why he showed up, free air time that doesn’t deal with campaign finance laws or anything else.

The media is loving complicit and stupid, they just eat his poo poo up and spread it around.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

William Bear posted:

Tiffany Trump graduated from law school a while back. Where is she when her father needs help?

who?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Glumwheels posted:

The media is loving complicit and stupid, they just eat his poo poo up and spread it around.

he's going to win again because of it

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1708456951498080765

"TRUMP!"

*proceeds from the Father and the Son*

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

DrPossum posted:

he's going to win again because of it

don't worry

i'm not gonna vote for him

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

veepfake posted:

thanks dude

I’ve been working with two junior devs for about 18 months now and saying someone’s code “sucks” is shallow and unprofessional. maybe it does suck because you’re learning, plus some code just sucks due to circumstances or problem space, but “sucks” is lovely, unspecific feedback.

sadly, it’s not too uncommon an experience in coder land, no

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DrPossum posted:

using windows in tyool 2023 is much akin to McDonalds. It's minimally produced garbage for literal children who have underdeveloped tastes and really can't know any better

Hmm. Sounds like your operating system is a piece of poo poo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
me on my first day coding; helo wrold

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
He's on trial for all of us! For all the trimmy's and tromo's!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

JoeBangles posted:

He's on trial for all of us! For all the trimmy's and tromo's!

Even for the haters and losers?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

This is why he showed up, free air time that doesn’t deal with campaign finance laws or anything else.

trump will do anything for ratings

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

this artist

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Arthur Engoron fuckin lotr rear end name get that poo poo outta here

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

titty_baby_ posted:

Counterpoint: I hate macs and im too lazy to figure out Linux

nowadays MacOS is basically Linux that generally, like 90% of the time, works better. It's literally BSD Unix.

I hated Apple stuff for like 3 decades and now I'm typing on a very very nice M1 MacBook Pro. The default shell is zsh which is the correct choice for Guilfoyle associates. It's fine.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

he showed up because that's how he begged off from his schedule in the Cohen trial

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
pretty sure this AI thing is total horseshit

quote:

It seems like there might be some confusion, as "nacho temperature" is not a recognized term or concept. Generally speaking, nachos are typically served warm or hot, as they are often topped with melted cheese and other warm toppings. If you are heating nachos in an oven, you might set the oven to a moderate temperature, such as 350°F (about 175°C), to melt the cheese without burning the chips. If you are microwaving nachos, using a medium setting for a short period of time should suffice.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

emfive posted:

nowadays MacOS is basically Linux that generally, like 90% of the time, works better. It's literally BSD Unix.

I hated Apple stuff for like 3 decades and now I'm typing on a very very nice M1 MacBook Pro. The default shell is zsh which is the correct choice for Guilfoyle associates. It's fine.

:haibrow:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

emfive says nowadays but he means "for the last 20 years"

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

dads friend steve posted:

I’ve been working with two junior devs for about 18 months now and saying someone’s code “sucks” is shallow and unprofessional. maybe it does suck because you’re learning, plus some code just sucks due to circumstances or problem space, but “sucks” is lovely, unspecific feedback.

sadly, it’s not too uncommon an experience in coder land, no

totallyyy, like hearing "it sucks" isn't so bad if there's something you can actually do something about. and yeah in my case it is usually like, oh, yeah, that does suck haha. but if that feedback really just goes nowhere all you get is like.. okay, guess it's just me and thanks for the waste of time.

ive worked for people tho that like, want this e.g algorithm that has legit flaws you can look up to work really really good!!! but can't accept there are some things that just work not great and would probs take like teams of people over years to improve on. idk, that was weird to see. my current boss is not so much like that thankfully

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Been stuck in a classroom teaching ungrateful 11 and 12 year olds all day so reading up on what happened today

https://twitter.com/HalfwayPost/status/1708880687288275087

:waycool:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

emfive posted:

i deal with macbooks in a corporate environment and my hatred for them grows every day

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Perplx posted:

REPUBLIC OF GAMERS

can this pic be magic eye'd with, like, a collage of his face?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

DrPossum posted:

pretty sure this AI thing is total horseshit

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

:hmmyes:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Good Citizen posted:

me on my first day coding; helo wrold

here is 6 figures. when can you start.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

This magic eye sucks, I can't see the trup

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

that's more like it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

here is 6 figures. when can you start.

no thanks I’m good

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Been stuck in a classroom teaching ungrateful 11 and 12 year olds all day so reading up on what happened today

“send snacks”

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

In interviews, just be like " I Survive! That's what I'm good at. When your code is hell, I live. That's when I truly feel alive."

I think that is common where the programming just has this wall of code that existed for decades and you're just in it.
Like Banking or Madden code.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

This magic eye sucks, I can't see the trup

:same:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

https://twitter.com/mane_tank/status/1544009896164597760

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dada news. Halfway true comedy and satire

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

That is the least trumpy-rear end trump.

It's like they took the rock's eyebrow and combined with a generic comic book villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

a.lo posted:

Dada news. Halfway true comedy and satire