Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Been stuck in a classroom teaching ungrateful 11 and 12 year olds all day so reading up on what happened today

https://twitter.com/HalfwayPost/status/1708880687288275087

:waycool:

https://youtu.be/dyIilW_eBjc?si=XTVIQW3nG1FLmfkV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

At this point Trump should hope that his maga army busts in to the court and saves him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

At times, he appears to be very upset, with his face turning beet red. At one point, Trump turned to Cliff Robert, the attorney for his adult sons, and whisper-yelled at him, while pointing and waving his finger.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

https://x.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457?s=20

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

In interviews, just be like " I Survive! That's what I'm good at. When your code is hell, I live. That's when I truly feel alive."

I think that is common where the programming just has this wall of code that existed for decades and you're just in it.
Like Banking or Madden code.

yeah! like, the code that's just set in there. that stuff is at least understandable. i feel like that's what Microsoft office is lol

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Tup

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

as someone doing web QA for a place with a lot of IIS related tech debt and poorly documented or undocumented code, just say you’ll bother to write down what you did even if it’s just the header of the file. please I’m begging you

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

“TRUMP SPEAKS AFTER TODAY’S COURT SESSION ENDS”

[Video]

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that's the most badass depicition of trump ever holy hell

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

mdemone posted:

emfive says nowadays but he means "for the last 20 years"

no probably since the adoption of the old NeXT codebase and BSD and then a few years to bake. (The left-to-right file picker was a NeXT thing in the early 90s.)

Also the price point of the Apple-CPU laptops has dropped to where they're directly comparable to non-cheapo Intel/AMD laptops and it's much superior equipment.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

actionjackson posted:

that's the most badass depicition of trump ever holy hell

they made him look like saul goodman's brother

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

“TRUMP SPEAKS AFTER TODAY’S COURT SESSION ENDS”

[Video]

https://hugh.cdn.rumble.cloud/video/s8/2/0/_/q/e/0_qen.caa.mp4

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Isentropy posted:

as someone doing web QA for a place with a lot of IIS related tech debt and poorly documented or undocumented code, just say you’ll bother to write down what you did even if it’s just the header of the file. please I’m begging you

yeah ive been doing a lot of stuff like that i guess. trying to make things easier for new hires etc. maybe that is something to talk about

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

emfive posted:

no probably since the adoption of the old NeXT codebase and BSD and then a few years to bake. (The left-to-right file picker was a NeXT thing in the early 90s.)

so 20 years

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

veepfake posted:

yeah ive been doing a lot of stuff like that i guess. trying to make things easier for new hires etc. maybe that is something to talk about

documentation is the best way to get everyone to love you forever

they will whisper your name in hushed, reverent tones when you have left their now diminished holdings

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

idgi

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it's funny how Linux has gotten way worse since the last time I seriously used it back in college. it's probably because back then they were pretending it was going to be for everyone and now they know it's only for freaks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

she from pittsbirgh

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

emfive posted:

nowadays MacOS is basically Linux that generally, like 90% of the time, works better. It's literally BSD Unix.

I hated Apple stuff for like 3 decades and now I'm typing on a very very nice M1 MacBook Pro. The default shell is zsh which is the correct choice for Guilfoyle associates. It's fine.

I've spent 30 years on windows and im never going to bother to get used to macs, sorry sweaty

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Last Chance posted:

so 20 years

yea I guess, maybe 15, but until the past couple years Apple hardware has compared to Intel/AMD stuff as very much more expensive, but since a couple years ago at comparable quality levels it's really not a price thing.

Funny fact is that in the Intel world high-end stuff (not gamer things, stuff like the Lenovo Carbon) is really focused on being super light, while the MacBook Pro weighs a ton. (I have an X1 Carbon also, from 2021 I guess? 9th gen) (running Linux)

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

it's funny how Linux has gotten way worse since the last time I seriously used it back in college. it's probably because back then they were pretending it was going to be for everyone and now they know it's only for freaks

hows it gotten worse?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

I've spent 30 years on windows and im never going to bother to get used to macs, sorry sweaty

That's OK T***y Baby, I just want everyone to be happy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

emfive posted:

Also the price point of the Apple-CPU laptops has dropped to where they're directly comparable to non-cheapo Intel/AMD laptops and it's much superior equipment.

:corsair: I love the drat things too

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1708963561882423383

Lmao, many such cases

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lmao

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

veepfake posted:

hows it gotten worse?

if I were an extreme nerd I would say "systemd" but I'm too old for poo poo like that.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sometimes I post "top" and I expect to see top

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
take it to yospos programmailures

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

usually I concentrate on matters of cuisine but I got a covid and a flu shot today so the 5g has been loving with my head

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

he’s also very obviously and clearly intermingled his corporate and personal finances so he’s like infinitely personally liable lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Linux is garbage

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

emfive posted:

usually I concentrate on matters of cuisine but I got a covid and a flu shot today so the 5g has been loving with my head

what’s your favorite Linux distribution for your Thinkpad? I haven’t used dedicated Linux on any of my stuff in around 20 years. back then I was using beehive Linux and even that was outdated (but I loved it).

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

fr tho. nerds!! :argh:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!