Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Trying to hold on to tabs forever, telling yourself you'll get to them all someday, is just another way of denying the reality of death. Accept your mortality, and let your tabs go free when you close your browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

Trying to hold on to tabs forever, telling yourself you'll get to them all someday, is just another way of denying the reality of death. Accept your mortality, and let your tabs go free when you close your browser.

Well don't loving say it out loud, sheesh.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Lone Badger posted:

I just use autocomplete in the address bar.

That’s great unless you have to use Chrome, where per recent testimony they intentionally made history-recall in the “Awesomebox” worse because it was reducing searches and ad impressions.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I just ask Jeeves for anything I need

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Snake Maze posted:

This is me with achievements and fomo stuff, it all doesn't matter, it all means nothing in the end, I just play stuff until I'm done with it and move on, I'm immune to battle passes and all modern bullshit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

kazil posted:

I just ask Jeeves for anything I need

Lycos or death you son of a bitch! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snake Maze posted:

"this too, shall pass" i say as i close down my browser, histories of ancient mesopotamia unread; six hour oblivion videos, unfinished; nfts, unsaved.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i can't remember the last time i shutdown my pc for the night

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Mr.Acula posted:

What happens if im a sicko and buy Battlefront 2 on Steam even if I already have it on Origin?

Everything you've done in the game should be carried over from the Origin version. That's what happened when I played Jedi Fallen Order via EA's subscription system and then purchased it later on Steam.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

One of my favorite puzzle platformers is 80% off for the next week. You've spent more money on worse games; give this one a chance.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

ultrafilter posted:

One of my favorite puzzle platformers is 80% off for the next week. You've spent more money on worse games; give this one a chance.

I’m not sure exactly why, but you sold me on this little game. So far it runs at a flawless 60 fps at the very lowest power settings on my Steamdeck.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

claw game handjob posted:

then I will face God and walk backwards into Hell

using horizontal tabs with this many tabs open is always confusing to me, vertical tabs is where it's at

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah but where would you put your :coolbird:?
:yeah:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Man, what a cool bird.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Yo, that bird is cool!!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I can't even imagine where to post this outside of this thread - if anyone remembers Gigantic it looks like Gearbox is going to revive it. They're hosting a weird heavily NDA'd invite-only one day server event on Thursday and I can't imagine that it ends there

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

KONAMI found a way to make everyone unhappy with this MGS collection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o92IeqnD_zE

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
rare example of a question-mark title where the answer is yes

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
There is no way in Hell I am listening to those people talk about anything for any length of time.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Humble Choice is up.

The Quarry Deluxe Edition
Metal Hellsinger
Dark Pictures Anthology: House Of Ashes
Rebel Inc: Escalation
Spirit Of The Island
Lords And Villeins
A Juggler's Tale
Mr. Prepper

Eh.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Snagged Disgaea 7 despite poor reviews for #6

Only like 90 minutes in but it feels familiar / not poo poo. Main characters seem entertaining enough so far.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Sab669 posted:

Only like 90 minutes in but it feels familiar / not poo poo. Main characters seem entertaining enough so far.

Holy poo poo, I didn't even know Disgaea 7 was a thing. 6 was the last I had heard about and promptly ignored. Welp, I didn't need that money, or to finish all those other games I'm middle of anyway. :negative:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Skulker posted:

There is no way in Hell I am listening to those people talk about anything for any length of time.
It's not even new news after hearing about the Switch being underwhelming. Probably a good thing they are remaking MGS3 at the same time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Phoix posted:

I can't even imagine where to post this outside of this thread - if anyone remembers Gigantic it looks like Gearbox is going to revive it. They're hosting a weird heavily NDA'd invite-only one day server event on Thursday and I can't imagine that it ends there

I do remember Gigantic. I also remember Gigantic never got more than a few thousand players ever and was a complete failure financially, so that’s certainly an interesting choice.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Velocity Raptor posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't even know Disgaea 7 was a thing. 6 was the last I had heard about and promptly ignored. Welp, I didn't need that money, or to finish all those other games I'm middle of anyway. :negative:

It really fell under the radar after how badly 6 was received. I forgot I wishlisted it however long ago when I happened to have heard its announcement, then I just got a Steam email saying an item on my wishlist was now available and was like :monocle:

I'm ashamed to admit I've actually died like 3 times on the first boss battle....

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
That's how you unlocked an early NG+ in the first game - complete with a special cutscene of the first boss being surprised that he actually won.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I remember losing to Midboss. But I refuse to lose to this jerk because I'm not a dumb 12 year old like I was when I fought him; now I'm a dumb 33 year old :argh:

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Sab669 posted:

God I wish I was into Disgaea. In theory it has everything I like, but I already refunded. It's not even the anime/story/tone, I just can't get into the "embark from 1 point, throw everything, whole team goes at once".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Kins posted:

New Humble Choice is up.

Metal Hellsinger
Spirit Of The Island
Lords And Villeins
A Juggler's Tale
Mr. Prepper

Eh.
i had avoided cancelling and just kept pausing for such a long time because i thought, surely there'll be a good month eventually. i've only claimed one choice bundle this year (June). i think it's time i gave it up

two announcements today:
- Scene Investigators comes out Oct 24th (Painscreek Killings dev)
- The Boomerang X studio has shut down due to lack of funds

e: i'll maybe make a post about this month's releases tonight or tomorrow

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 3, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dackel posted:

God I wish I was into Disgaea. In theory it has everything I like, but I already refunded. It's not even the anime/story/tone, I just can't get into the "embark from 1 point, throw everything, whole team goes at once".

Whole team very much does not have to go at once, you can Execute individual actions or groups of actions, allowing you to not over-commit to any single target. Unless you mean the whole "I take my full turn, computer takes its full turn"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Kins posted:

New Humble Choice is up.

Metal Hellsinger
Spirit Of The Island
Lords And Villeins
A Juggler's Tale
Mr. Prepper

Eh.

There are three things in there I had on my wishlist so it's decent for the twelve bucks, but ehhh, yeah, that's not super exciting.

I will buy the Ghostory game.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Disgaea 6 never clicked for me, I liked the other games but something about 6 letting your characters get into the triple digit levels immediately kinda killed any motivation I had to keep playing, even though I know they just stuck 2 extra zeroes onto everything

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Dackel posted:

Same. Seemed like my dream game as a kid who absolutely loved FFT - an srpg with thousands of hours of gameplay. But it never really connected for me.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Humble Choice for October 2023:

quote:

The Quarry: Deluxe Edition
METAL: Hellsinger
Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
Spirit of the island
Lords and Villain's
A juggler's Tale
Mr.Prepper
$11.99

BYOB Slayer X:https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-slayer-bundle-x

quote:

Fates of ORT
Void Scrappers
Turmoil
Moonlighter
Eldest Souls
ROKI
Metro 2033 Redux
From Space
WW1 Tannenberg
Dead Island riptide: Defentive Edition
Ancestors Legacy
Metro Last Light
Verdun: Western Front
Patch Quest
Just Die already
3 for $4.99/5 for $7.99/7 for $9.99

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/3-d-realms-dollar-bundle 3D Realms $1 Bundle:

quote:

Wacky Wheels
Hocus Pocus
Mystic Towers
Realms of Chaos
Major Stryker
Paganitzu
Word Rescue
Match Rescue

BYOB Retro Bundle:1 for $1/5 for $2.99/10 for $4.99:

quote:

40 Winks
Iridion 3D
Iridion 2
Shadow Madness
ODT:Escape or Die Trying
Meat Puppet
Gourmet Warriors
Water Margin
Blender BROS
8 eyes
Stone Protectors
Samurai
Second Samurai
Street Racer
The Humans collection
Zero Tolerance
The Immortal
Canon - Legend of the new god
Legend (1994)
Dark Rift
Tinheaed
Motor mash
Gadget twins
Risky Woods
The Humans
Noahs ark
Jim Power- The lost dimension
Iron Commando - Koutetsu No Senshi
Attack of the Mutant Penguins
Legends
Alien Rampage
Power Punch 2
Switchblade
SUPER Noahs ark 3d
Brutal Sports Football
Push-Over
Impossamole
Spiritual Warfare and Wisdom Tree collection
Super Hunchback
Viking Child
Dorke and Ymp

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Kins posted:

New Humble Choice is up.

Metal Hellsinger
Spirit Of The Island
Lords And Villeins
A Juggler's Tale
Mr. Prepper

Eh.
man even metal hellsinger can't save this poo poo

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Ciaphas posted:

man even metal hellsinger can't save this poo poo

The cheapest Metal Hellsinger has been is $15 so it seems like for $12 Metal Hellsinger can, in fact, save the bundle.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

its a shame naugty dog is doing so poorly with a hit game and related tv show they had to lay off staff
hope they can afford a thanksgiving for their team now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This looks pretty good

Mat Cauthon posted:

One of the guys who made Fable just put out a free old school RPG game if folks are looking for new stuff to check out.

https://twitter.com/Fluttermind/status/1707529725609119884?t=SNhoE2k4vV5nJ1jnp-HOZw&s=19

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I tried to skip humble choice last month, but apparently missed a checkbox or something somewhere, because I got charged anyway. This month is lookin' like trash, too. Metal Hellsinger is good, but I already have it.

Guess it's time to cancel altogether.

I spent way too much money on games this year (bought a steam deck, an OLED switch, and last week, a whole new desktop). My goal for 2024 is going to be to spend zero dollars on games, and get through some backloggin'

My prediction is I won't make it past February.

e: Lords and Villeins does look at least interesting enough to go on my "I intend to play that someday" list, but eh, the last several months have been pretty lackluster to me.

skeletronics fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

skeletronics posted:

I tried to skip humble choice last month, but apparently missed a checkbox or something somewhere, because I got charged anyway.

I swear this happened to me last month too, and one time before that. Didn't raise a fuss because a family member wanted a couple of last month's games anyway, but I took screenshots of my cancellation and the email confirmation just to be sure this time.