Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Is there some kind of secret language that goes under the Unsubscribe button that says "we will reset all unsubscriptions and begin emailing you again in the fall". Companies I hadn't though about just spam me again after years of being silent.

Sortakinda yes.

A couple of the big-name ecommerce places will let you send messages to unsubscribed users in various ways (Salesforce lets you send transactional emails only? But you can gently caress with that if you know what you're doing). More likely, you're only unsubscribing from a single mailing list and they're just passing your information back and forth from a master contact list to other lists to get around the unsubscribe hold.

Other platforms probably do things similarly to SalesForce, I'm guessing. So grain of salt and etc. But that's how I've done it in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at using unit less company caps for measuring laundry detergents instead of using lab grade NIST cert measuring spoons and cups.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Elviscat posted:

God forbid they take any sort of feedback from forum users, nope, just chain-probe everyone, lol, very funny.

The feedback threads are all full of the most permanently online posters acting in bad faith and perpetuating drama/feuding, and approaching problems in the most explosive and Twitter way possible. The only way to win as a normal, individual poster is to not get sucked into it and close the app as soon as you feel stress from your shitposting

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
on a similar note to SEARCH THING + reddit being ruined now, apparent even some of the websites that review products have lists that contain all that amazon alphanum dropshit stuff.

for the record, I'm looking up kitchen timers, and other than Oxo and like few other, all these other "brands/xompanies" seem suss.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

DicktheCat posted:

Trello broke for me today on Firefox.

Suddenly, after working fine a couple days ago. I have no idea if it's my browser that updated or on their end.

I disabled all my extensions, anything that could gently caress with it, and it won't load. Works on Edge. Madness.

I just love that.

fwiw It's working for me (Firefox on OS X, tho)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
This probably isn't exactly what the thread is about but for lack of a better place to post:

I listened to the album "Dookie" by Green Day recently. For years it was my favorite album, but I haven't heard it in like a decade. Man, this album fuckin sucks. When did it become fuckin sucky?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

credburn posted:

This probably isn't exactly what the thread is about but for lack of a better place to post:

I listened to the album "Dookie" by Green Day recently. For years it was my favorite album, but I haven't heard it in like a decade. Man, this album fuckin sucks. When did it become fuckin sucky?

Listen to some more recent Green Day then go back to Dookie

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

credburn posted:

offspring still good tho

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Anyone who gives a poo poo about Elon Musk deserves to be trolled by the mods. These forums got shittier because of the weird celebrity worship that surrounds him.

Every God drat thread for like a year there was just "where's Elon Musk?" "what's elon musk up to?" "You won't believe what Elon Musk posted today!"

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Beartaco posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo about Elon Musk deserves to be trolled by the mods. These forums got shittier because of the weird celebrity worship that surrounds him.

Every God drat thread for like a year there was just "where's Elon Musk?" "what's elon musk up to?" "You won't believe what Elon Musk posted today!"

Same but Trump

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Beartaco posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo about Elon Musk Poochie deserves to be trolled by the mods. These forums got shittier because of the weird celebrity worship that surrounds him.

Every God drat thread for like a year there was just "where's Elon Musk Poochie?" "what's elon musk Poochie up to?" "You won't believe what Elon Musk Poochie posted today!"

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
I bought a game on steam and it turned out not as good as I’d imagined it would be

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

DoctorTristan posted:

I bought a game on steam and it turned out not as good as I’d imagined it would be

Return that poo poo! They don't fight it as hard as they used to.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Beartaco posted:

It makes sense that goons love Musk since he's basically what you'd get if Lowtax was alive and a billionaire.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Cerekk posted:

It makes sense that goons love Musk since he's basically what you'd get if Lowtax was alive and a billionaire.
Grimes isn’t asian.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

The feedback threads are all full of the most permanently online posters acting in bad faith and perpetuating drama/feuding, and approaching problems in the most explosive and Twitter way possible. The only way to win as a normal, individual poster is to not get sucked into it and close the app as soon as you feel stress from your shitposting

God yes. I don't know why they all end up like that but they ALL end up like that.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

wash bucket posted:

God yes. I don't know why they all end up like that but they ALL end up like that.

the feedback forum is camped by a handful of regulars who I honestly think should be banned from that forum so that maybe they could return to some form of having use or value. but hell, mods don't have to take feedback, just maybe don't look down on the users so much that you start to mess with things bc you enjoy harassing them :psyduck:

and please, I fail to see how swapping the threads does anything to curtail muskposting. instead the switch has made the muskposting happen in more places, even now in this very thread. gj, mods.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 3, 2023

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Talk about something that got shittier for no good reason!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

microwave burritos and frozen pizza

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

We've been talking about Something Awful this whole time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jelly posted:

Totino Pizza Rolls were on sale and I said gently caress it and bought some.

The crust was so grainy and weird. Lacked any sort of flavor. Trash.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Thanks to shrinkflation the chicken breasts I used to buy come in packs of 3 rather than 4 so it makes it a bitch to portion it for lunch. I'll pay a bit extra for that extra piece dudes.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Beastie posted:

Totino Pizza Rolls were on sale and I said gently caress it and bought some.

The crust was so grainy and weird. Lacked any sort of flavor. Trash.

Oh yeah, I can remember back in college I had a roommate who used to eat these all the time:

...and I thought he was an idiot until I tried one and realized they were surprisingly good if you cooked them directly on the oven rack.

Forgot all about them until recently when I decided to try them for a bit of nostalgia. Tasted like eating warm wet toilet paper.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tumble posted:

offspring still good tho

self titled, smash, ixnay. half of americana is good. those first 3 are 10/10 all-timers tho

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Jelly posted:

All frozen pizza sucks except the Meijer brand frozen thin crust pepperoni pizzas. They are very good. Get them, add a bit of Meijer brand shredded mozzarella, and you're good. If you really want, grab some of the Kroger brand pepperoni and add more pepperoni, but that's not really necessary.

They used to be $1 and those were good days, they just were always out of stock. Then they went to like a buck fifty, and they'd go on sale for $1, and you had to get there on the first day or they'd be out of stock. Now they're like three or four bucks, but they're still the best frozen pizza.

But yeah, don't eat frozen pizza, learn how to make homemade dough and make some cast iron pizza or something.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Triikan posted:

But yeah, don't eat frozen pizza, learn how to make homemade dough and make some cast iron pizza or something.

You are badly misunderstanding the use case for frozen pizza.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Steam updated itself and now the window can't be moved from the center of my primary monitor, and it's displaying a big banner that it will refuse to run on Windows 7 after January 1.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Cerekk posted:

Steam updated itself and now the window can't be moved from the center of my primary monitor, and it's displaying a big banner that it will refuse to run on Windows 7 after January 1.

You used to be able to set your default steam window ie: your Friends list so that if you used the shortcut that's what would show up.

Now it always defaults to Activity even if you set your startup location differently.

Gawr Gooner
Mar 3, 2023
We as a society moved on from needing to call a small business to get quotes, to having estimates on websites, to exact costs, to needing to email to get quotes, and finally back to calling.

I just want to know how much something costs from a store that isn't Amazon. Simple things. Like an office chair. Why do you have a website if you don't put any information on it?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
What the gently caress since when did Hulu stop showing Monday Night Football with the ESPN+ addon? I actually have Monday Night free-ish so I can watch most of the game but that's disappeared now :mad:.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Gawr Gooner posted:

We as a society moved on from needing to call a small business to get quotes, to having estimates on websites, to exact costs, to needing to email to get quotes, and finally back to calling.

I just want to know how much something costs from a store that isn't Amazon. Simple things. Like an office chair. Why do you have a website if you don't put any information on it?

every place has an app, a new membership club, and a survey for you to take.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Cowslips Warren posted:

every place has an app, a new membership club, and a survey for you to take.

And a 10% discount for first-time customers, don't forget. Consumers have never had it so good

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
First thing you should do upon visiting our site is join the mailing list.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Needed to find the nearest gas station today so I searched "gas station" on Google maps, expecting to be able to sort by distance. That option was gone. The top result was a Sponsored™ gas station that was significantly farther away than other options. The only filter available was "open now." I could only scroll through a random assortment of gas stations in the area. I had to manually type "closest gas station" to get it sorted by distance.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Things don't taste as good anymore. Feels like it started happening a few years ago. Hmm.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Many people search for gas stations, so it can be hard to choose the right one. Never fear! We are here to help you choose the right gas station. Here's a few things to look out for when you choose a gas station.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
People keep voting the most loathsome people into government

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Beastie posted:

Everyone needs gas for their car in 2023. Many people search for gas stations in 2023, so it can be hard to choose the right one. Never fear! We are here to help you choose the right gas station in 2023. Here's a few things to look out for when you choose a gas station in 2023.

Steven Smith is a passionate writer who loves all things gas station. He loves retro gaming, writing about the hottest new tech trends, and writing about gas stations in 2023.

Almost correct, ftfy

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Gawr Gooner posted:

McMaster Carr will be the last bastion of decent humanity. Mark my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

BigHead posted:

What the gently caress since when did Hulu stop showing Monday Night Football with the ESPN+ addon? I actually have Monday Night free-ish so I can watch most of the game but that's disappeared now :mad:.

At the least the NFL and MLB have been playing this horrible shell game with stream providers on who is showing what. I ran across this when I wanted to watch a local game some afternoon off because I needed AppleTV+ or whatever despite having the team's cable network subscription. gently caress you MLB