Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Even if it's a race thing, I still wonder why guys like Vance Joseph, Demeco Ryan's, Robert Saleh, and Anthony Lynn got jobs before Bienemy

Just wanna point out that those except Lynn are defensive guys.

The racism in the league is worse on the offensive side of the ball bc for ages its been purely the purview of former white qbs.

At this point there's no excuses, he's clearly a very loving good offensive coach, he's got Reid's explicit backing for an HC position (which btw Reid's tree is pretty loving good so that should mean something), and most importantly he's got Sam Howell looking competent and dangerous.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The racism in the league is worse on the offensive side of the ball bc for ages its been purely the purview of former white qbs.

At this point there's no excuses, he's clearly a very loving good offensive coach, he's got Reid's explicit backing for an HC position (which btw Reid's tree is pretty loving good so that should mean something), and most importantly he's got Sam Howell looking competent and dangerous.

Thankfully Byron Leftwich didn’t take the Jags HC job or he would have set other black offensive coaches back decades.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

not embedding the tweet because the list will be broken, but according to Sharp (twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1708948392095727972):

quote:

% of drives ending in a punt or turnover

29% - San Francisco 49ers
31% - Seattle Seahawks
33% - Buffalo Bills

[...]

67% - Chicago Bears
67% - Pittsburgh Steelers
71% - New England Patriots

:yikes:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Bieniemy of the State

Bieniemy Mine

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Great job Mac Jones.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Imagine if Matt Nagy gets another shot before him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dennis Allen did lol.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Q_res posted:

Oh he's with Mahomes and Reid, so who knows how good he is? Didn't stop Nagy from getting a job.

Not to defend the hiring of Nagy, but Nagy was the QB coach then OC during the Alex Smith revival and then was hired by the Bears before Mahomes was even the full time starter.

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 3, 2023

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
lol

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1708921301770047563?t=ThROcPLsUXl9g5KOsQcWRg&s=01

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Brian Daboll only took four games to go from coach who brought Giants football back from the dead to maybe he doesn't survive the season

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Giants hot start last year was complete smoke and mirrors. They went like 2-9 after Halloween

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

in all seriousness Schoen probably goes first. The Neal pick is an utter disaster at this point.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I realize his offensive line is comically bad, but I think the Danny Dimes extension is the dumbest QB contract extension since the Jaguars extended Blake Bortles.

:lol:HE THREW ANOTHER PIC RIGHT AS I POSTED!!!!:lmao:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I realize his offensive line is comically bad, but I think the Danny Dimes extension is the dumbest QB contract extension since the Jaguars extended Blake Bortles.

giving Jones a monster contract instead of the franchise tag certainly won't help Schoen's case.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Everyone was pissed about the Golliday contract and Schoen signed Danny Dimes to an even worse one.

Meanwhile the NY Media: HES DOING THE BEST HE CANNNNN

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Everyone was pissed about the Golliday contract and Schoen signed Danny Dimes to an even worse one.

Daniel Jones's supporting cast is really bad, and also Daniel Jones is really bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Daboll can be the Jets' OC.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Daniel Jones's supporting cast is really bad, and also Daniel Jones is really bad

I don't think any other team's fans are allowed to complain about their offensive lines. oh my god.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
4 of the last 8 coty winners deserve to be fired and they're all even year winners. Well Jason Garret and Matt Nagy have been.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kalli posted:

I don't think any other team's fans are allowed to complain about their offensive lines. oh my god.

Or we can all complain about OL deficiencies, but take solace in acknowledging "hey, least it's not the Giants!".

Edit: I wasn't checking the detailed stats, ELEVEN SACKS ALLOWED?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

4 of the last 8 coty winners deserve to be fired and they're all even year winners. Well Jason Garret and Matt Nagy have been.

Garrett is terrible in the NBC studio so you can argue he deserves to be fired a second time

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Daboll isn't getting fired.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

a neat cape posted:

Anthony Lynn

And Mike McDaniel, though I suppose you could argue he's benefitting there from being very light skinned, which is pretty hosed up but possibly the case

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Vikings lost that playoff game, but the Giants came out much worse.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Is it really a media talking point that Schoen has done a good job? Cause lol, lmao

He signed like 8 slot receivers this year and called it a day

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Giants are going to be butt this year but there's no way Daboll is truly under threat of firing until at least next year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kalli posted:

Hey Hi, how's it going.

But yeah always franchise your QB you aren't 100% sold on, who has only managed to have One good(decent) year for the entirety of their rookie deal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Hey Hi, how's it going.

I do t think they are as bad as the Giants funnily enough.

Unless you count scheming your QB into a sack as part of it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

And Mike McDaniel, though I suppose you could argue he's benefitting there from being very light skinned, which is pretty hosed up but possibly the case

Tbh until this post, I would have assumed he was at most italian

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Tbh until this post, I would have assumed he was at most italian

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Daboll aint getting fired yet but he's giving off Nagy and Stefanski stink.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Thank God Mitch didn't have to get a contract renewal after 2018

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Biscuits might be the best QB on the Steelers roster though.

Matt Canada revival project!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Daboll’s whole schtick though was that he coached up Josh Allen. Hard for him to dump the QB he’s meant to have fixed

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's hard to succeed in that clusterfuck of a franchise. Giants need a loving GM worth a drat before they try fixing anything else.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Seattle was enjoying all those five and seven step drops they kept asking Jones to make.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Frankly I think people should stop trying to die on the bienemy hill, dude has something that makes him a do not head coach hire and it's not race (any more than the baseline racism in coach hiring)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Frankly I think people should stop trying to die on the bienemy hill, dude has something that makes him a do not head coach hire and it's not race (any more than the baseline racism in coach hiring)

If it's because he's an rear end in a top hat, there are more than a fair share of rear end in a top hat head coaches who find success.

It's almost assuredly a race thing mixed with people thinking that Reid did everything.

It's complete racist bullshit he hasn't had a chance lol.

Especially considering that loving Nagy of all people got one.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dexo posted:

Especially considering that loving Nagy of all people got one.

I posted this back in the offseason thread and I’ll repost it here since it’s relevant.

TLDR: He has a better resume than Nagy or Pederson when they got hired:

fartknocker posted:

It looks even worse when you look at Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy's resumes when they got hired as head coaches compared to Bieniemy's. Pederson had been the Chiefs OC for Andy Reid's first 3 seasons, where the team was good but not great and mainly had Alex Smith checking down all the time. Nagy was the OC for just a single season, 2017, where Alex Smith had a better year throwing to Tyreek Hill and Mahomes was sitting on the bench. They were OC for a combined 4 seasons, while Bieniemy was the OC for 5 seasons and still can't get a head coaching job and limited interviews, and that's even after Reid and Mahomes and other players have publicly endorsed him basically anytime the subject comes up (Hell, I remember Adrian Peterson speaking highly of him as a coach way back when he was the RB coach in Minnesota, which was the first time he got a little bit of attention in the coaching ranks). And all of that is before you get to guys from other teams who got head coaching jobs with far, far lesser resumes.

Yeah, he's been working for an all-time great coach, and he's had a QB that's already on the short list of greatest to ever play, which some people use to try and minimize Bieniemy's success and impact, but that's a lovely argument as both that coach and QB (And others in the franchise) have said Bieniemy's been a big part of what they've done the last 5~ years.

So yeah, racism has to be a major part of it up to this point.

I can almost guarantee if Washington's offense is any good this year, he'll get some very public interview requests next year. If they suck out loud, I also suspect he'll get way too much blame even though they've been bad for years, and there will be some talking head rear end in a top hat like Coherd who uses that as a "See! I told you he wasn't good!" gotcha moment.

The “he’s an rear end in a top hat!” argument barely holds when, as previously mentioned, you look at basically every Belichick assistant who’ve gotten chances, among various others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Tom Coughlin was hired specifically because he was a raging rear end in a top hat. He's white so that helped his case I suppose